Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The taste is the sweetness of the yoghurt, and the wheetabix. It's pretty creamy from the yoghurt already, so I doubt that semi would make any difference. If you feel like it, make one for yourself and tell me what you think :)

The taste is the sweetness of the yoghurt, and the wheetabix. It's pretty creamy from the yoghurt already, so I doubt that semi would make any difference. If you feel like it, make one for yourself and tell me what you think :)
When I've got some strawberry yoghurt in I'll do it ;), I dont take or have any whey protein though and I'll use porridge oats rather than weetabix. Got my leg day tommorow doing squats on smith machine :(. Gonna go for a new PB of 85+ kg though.

Why a Smith? :( No power rack?

Nope, no barbells either and only 2 benches in the local council gym, thankfully I'll be able to join the unis gym in september with loads of free weights.
That reminds me in regards to smith machines which of these exercises are better off with dumbells
Close grip bench press
Bench press
Deadlift- I don't do this one but according to trainer you can do this, I tried it and couldn't really feel it doing anything for me.
I'd rather not squat with dumbells though I think that'd be problematic.

man had a good session today :)

Tried FF's approach (sort of)

Bench
120kg
10x1
9x1
8x1
130kg
5x1
4x1
140kg
1x1
150kg

LOL yes it hung about 2inches from the safety of the rests still if i was fresh i seriously reckon i could push my PB, just going to get a little bigger before i go for the 170 ;)

Also
Shrugs 50kg per dumbell
10x3
8x2
60kg
5x2

Don't feel too knackered, but had a busy week driving all over the place :D

Hows the shoulder doing FF? Still causing probs?

Yeah i've really started kicking back into the cycle now as Daughter is 6month old i don't need as much time at home as she stops up a little later.

Definately aiming for a 170kg bench before September and a possible 180kg before Xmas...

I just want to be able to to my training sessions (reps of 10) at 135kg

Deadlift has taken a serious step back i couldn't even lift 220kg the other week had to drop to 210 before it came up! still thats what i get for not doing it for 2months :(

First day back yesterday after nearly a month, it went OK no records broken though lol.

Squat
30kg x3x5
50kg x3x5
60kg x3x5
80kg x5x5

bench
30kg x3x5
40kg x3x5
55kg x5x5

Inverted Rows 3xf

Press ups 3xf

Reverse Crunch 3xf

3 mile run 25 mins

Felt good roll on wednesday.

Well I still can't bench more than 60 without quite a bit of pain in the shoulder. Funny though that I can push press over 100 for reps without issue. Ahh well, never like benching anyway so not too bothered.

Hi guys,

I'm starting bodybuilding again in a few weeks time and i'm in need of a rough diet plan, the first week of it is being recorded for our group summer project at uni (it's about dieting.) A female group member will also be doing this diet too, what would you recommend for her, same but smaller portions?

7:30am

Wholegrain cereal + 25g whey
Or
2 slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter
or 2 boiled/scrambled eggs and 2 slices wholemeal toast

10am

Fruit

1pm:

Cottage cheese
+
4 Rice cakes/2 slices wholemeal bread
Or
Sandwhich (wholemeal bread) containing Chicken/Tuna/Salmon/Beef/Pork/Turkey
+
Side salad

2pm - workout

3:30

50g Whey + creatine mono + water/milk

6pm

Baked Potato
+
Tuna/ Chicken/ Chilli con carne

Chicken/Beef/Lamb/Turkey
+ Wholemeal pasta/rice/pita bread

9pm

50g whey + water/milk
Or
Cottage cheese + nuts

Pretty much a beginner, and so I have no idea which of these training routines to do. The one in the sticky at the top of this forum, or the one in this link (click here).

I was thinking the latter, but with 3x8 instead of 3x6?

Hi Guys,

Can i get your thoughts on my current plan? I have been thinking about shuffling a few things about. However, it seems ok at the mo.

Day 1 Biceps, Back(pull-ups)

Bent Over Barbell Row
Mixed Grip Chin
Seated Cable Rows
Barbell Curl
Preacher Curl
Lat Pull Down

Day 2 Shoulders, chest

Bench Press
Dumbell Flys / Cable Flys
Cable Crossover
Rear Delt Row
Barbell Shoulder Press

Day 3 Triceps, Traps

Cable Rope Overhead Tricep Extension
Skull Crusher
Incline Barbell Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Shrug
Upright Barbell Row

Day 4 Leg day

Squats
Deadlifts
Leg Extentions
Leg Curls
Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine

Day 5 Abs

Plate Twist
Alternate Heel Touchers
Barbell Side Bend
Exercise Ball Crunch
Exercise Ball Pull-In

Thanks

A

Chest day today, first one back after easter:

Warm up: Pec fly

75KG x 10 x 2
82KG x 10 x 1
89KG x 10 x 1
96KG x 10 x 1
103KG x 8 x 1
110KG x 6 x 1

DB Press Flat:
Either arm:
35KG x 10
37KG x 8
40KG x 8
40KG x 7

DB Press Incline:
Either arm:
30KG x 10 x 2
32.5KG x 8 x 2

Cable Flies - lying down on bench raised on boxes
Flat:
13KG either arm x10 reps x 4 sets
Incline
11KG either arm x10 reps x 4 sets

Heavier DB press flat:
Either arm:
45KG x 4 x 2

Slightly Lighter Flat DB Press:
Very slow 6/8 second reps, no lockout:
30KG either arm till failure, 2 sets

Close Grip Bench Press
60KG x 10 x 4

Cable Tricep press down:
2 x dropsets starting at 38KG till failure, finishing on which ever plate 20 reps is achievable at.
1 x reverse grip tricep push down(palms up, suppose its a pull down!)
Starting at 28KG till failure, finishing at which ever plate 20 reps is achievable at.

Bit of a change, don't normally do dropsets, something I'm going to give a try. Can deffinatley feel it in my tricep right now, having the occasional spazam! Felt good, really worked hard. Sleeping like a baby tonight :D

Hi Guys,

Can i get your thoughts on my current plan? I have been thinking about shuffling a few things about. However, it seems ok at the mo.

Bent Over Barbell Row
Mixed Grip Chin
Seated Cable Rows
Barbell Curl
Preacher Curl
Lat Pull Down

Day 2 Shoulders, chest

Bench Press
Cable Crossover
Rear Delt Row
Barbell Shoulder Press

Day 3 Triceps, Traps

Skull Crusher
Dumbbell Shrug
Upright Barbell Row

Day 4 Leg day

Squats
Deadlifts
Leg Extentions
Leg Curls

Day 5 Abs

Plate Twist
Alternate Heel Touchers
Barbell Side Bend
Exercise Ball Crunch
Exercise Ball Pull-In

Thanks

A

Dont like that much at all really.

A day for Abs...and a day for Tri's and traps....yet sharing shoulders with chest I dont understand. I would always try and do a major muscle group and a small muscle group on one day. Abs...I would just fit in maybe across two sessions. Deadlifts I would do on back day and not after squats. I would put legs or rest day in between back and shoulders and chest....but its realy up to you and how hard you are working per session. I posted a four day schedule that I used while ago 2 pages back. If I was changing that to five days...I would take out the arms and do on a separate day with some cardio and abs. Shrugs I would do on back or 5th day (if I actually did them).

Last edited:
Bit of a change, don't normally do dropsets, something I'm going to give a try. Can deffinatley feel it in my tricep right now, having the occasional spazam! Felt good, really worked hard. Sleeping like a baby tonight :D

I actually love dropsets to finish off....nothing feels like the burn of pumping the reps after some heavy sets till you completely fail :D Tis a good pain!

Hi Guys,

Bent Over Barbell Row
Mixed Grip Chin
Seated Cable Rows
Barbell Curl
Preacher Curl
Lat Pull Down

Day 2 Shoulders, chest

Bench Press
Cable Crossover
Rear Delt Row
Barbell Shoulder Press

Day 3 Triceps, Traps

Skull Crusher
Dumbbell Shrug
Upright Barbell Row

Day 4 Leg day

Squats
Deadlifts
Leg Extentions
Leg Curls

Day 5 Abs

Plate Twist
Alternate Heel Touchers
Barbell Side Bend
Exercise Ball Crunch
Exercise Ball Pull-In

Thanks

A

Agree with comments about your days being a bit odd.
But:

Chest - no need to do flyes and cable crossover really.
Traps - upright rows are for shoulders, not traps.
Back - would like to see more variation on the rows also you are doing nothing for your lower back (deadlifts etc).
Shoulders - nothing for your side delts.

Is there a day between you chest/delt and tri day? if not, yuor tri day must be pointless due to tiredness?

legs - move deadlifts to back day, its a back exercise not leg. this will allow you to perform both deads and squats better imo. Or are these SLDLs/RDLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom