Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legs again today:

80KG 8 x 3 Deadlifts
280lb 8 x 3 Leg Press (pb - I reckon I can get out 1 set of 300lb next week!)
150lb 8 x 3 Leg Curls (pb - I think I could push out 160lb next week)
140lb 8 x 3 Leg Extensions
15KG 8 x 3 Back Hyperextensions
50KG 8 x 3 Back Squats (Right to floor)

Awesome workout, some pbs and I think I can go higher again!

i keep reading full body is the way to go 1 day on 2 days off ?
not really, if you have the time, a split is far more adequate.
the way to go is training each body part once a week in order to give it time to recover.
if you can manage a 5 day split with big groups on separate days it would be awesome. if not, 4 is very popular and you can even squeeze them into 3.

le:that link is crap. I mean yes, the exercises are great, but what about the legs lol. no squats?

Last edited:
not really, if you have the time, a split is far more adequate.
the way to go is training each body part once a week in order to give it time to recover.
if you can manage a 5 day split with big groups on separate days it would be awesome. if not, 4 is very popular and you can even squeeze them into 3.

le:that link is crap. I mean yes, the exercises are great, but what about the legs lol. no squats?

i think the article was more about principles rather what exercises, as there is only a mention of a couple.

are full body workouts the way to go or split each body part to each day? It just feels like you only train them once a week rather than 3 times?

I used a full body for a few weeks a while ago and felt like they were a bit half arsed, I enjoy the feeling of really being able to abuse specific body parts once a week

Just to shake it up a bit, I have seen best results from doing a 3 day straight split rotation, doing each body part approximately twice a week with 48 hours rest between each work out for that specific part.

i keep reading full body is the way to go 1 day on 2 days off ?

Depends what you are after. If it's bulk, I'd say it's not great, but for getting lean it'd work - just purely on the amount of energy you'll be burning.

A full body workout must be 2-3 hours at least, if it's going to be as much work on each area as 3 workout-per-week split of 45mins-1hour.

Just got back from a chest workout:

Flat DB fly (weight in each hand):
10x12kg
10x14kg
10x16kg
10x18kg
10x12kg (DS)

Incline DB fly:
10x10kg
10x12kg
10x14kg
10x16kg
6x16kg (fail)
10x10kg (DS)

Decline fly (x-wires, weight on each hand)
10x20kg
10x30kg
10x35kg
10x30kg
10x20kg (DS)

Upright/Vertical row (EZ-bar):
10xbar+10kg
10xbar+20kg
10xbar+30kg
10xbar+30kg
10xbar+10kg

Conc curls:
10x14kg
10x16kg
10x16kg
10x14kg

mind you how on earth do you manage to recover in 2 days?

I think it has something to do with intensity, I have only recently started (a month or so now) and I think that as I up the intensity I will have to increase the rest periods, but at the moment I can come away aching and knackered and be ready and up for it on that body part 48 hrs later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom