Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
terry hollands rarely does DB curls, but when he does apparently its about 65kg DBs doing hammer curls.

180kg BB curls though with perfect form? i seriously would be questioning that and most definitely speaking to the person about it if its real. on gear or not, 180kg curls deserves some conversation time

Was doing my back/biceps today but didnt manage to get the bar on smith to do chin ups /pull ups :(. Towards the end of my workout my forearms went really tight and I couldn't really feel it normally =/ Hasn't happened before but not sure if it's a good thing or not.

sounded obscene to me as well but let's see, 102kg world record, and the guy said he can do 140+ with not so strict form.
led's add another ton of steroids as I presume there is a bit of testing for world records and such, and although things can be easily dodged, I kinda doubt you won't test positive if you're in the middle of a cycle, like our 180kg lifter here.

nevertheless, it does sound..:eek:

As for hammer curls, they are so easy to cheat. I see guys in the gym doing something that looks like a clean with dumbbells lol.

Re: the bicep curls. Dunno why some find it hard to believe. When you've been training a few years in a gym thats dominated by steroid abusers you get used to seeing crazy poundages being thrown around :D

Dude, you and I are pretty similar in terms of training and ethos, but 180kg is simply unbelievable! Have you honestly seen that?! It just seems a little OTT to me.

I'm not saying that the_chico is lying, not at all, I just find it so hard to believe, when you have some of the world's strongest people pushed to the limit on 450kg deads and squats, I can't see how nearly 1/2 of that is done purely by using biceps and strict form.

Today:

Deads:

12x100
8x130
8x160
6x180
4x200
4x200
2x220

Single arm DB Rows:

8x40
8x40
8x40
8x40
13x40

Cable shoulder raises:

10x10
10x10
8x15
8x15
7x20
6x20

Push press:

8x40
8x50
8x60
7x70
5x80
2x90

BW Chins

4x5 reps

That's it, short and sweet but fun. :D

Dude, you and I are pretty similar in terms of training and ethos, but 180kg is simply unbelievable! Have you honestly seen that?! It just seems a little OTT to me.

I'm not saying that the_chico is lying, not at all, I just find it so hard to believe, when you have some of the world's strongest people pushed to the limit on 450kg deads and squats, I can't see how nearly 1/2 of that is done purely by using biceps and strict form.

Depends what chicos definition of strict form is but i doubt its what we would call strict lol.

More than likely cheat curls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HlfIJHbkvU&feature=PlayList&p=A97331E1B051121D&index=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom