Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you aren't running FULL out for those 30 seconds...

I'd say that was too much hiit, please take a look at this table:

251interval_big.gif

Awesome thanks for the chart ethos, that'll help with my progress, and I promise I am, I belt it as fast as I can.

day 1, chest:
day 2, back:
Day 3, Triceps/biceps:
Day 4, shoulders traps abs:
Day 5, legs:

Anyone got any good links to 4 or 5 day splits, I'm considering doing one like the above but doing 4-5 exercises and 5 sets of 6 reps, would that sound reasonable?
Also I need to start doing a bit of cardio to keep up fitness so would doing 20 mins of cardio (relatively mild, jogging pace if treadmill etc) afterwards be reasonable?

Decided I'm going to concentrate on loosing weight before bulking up.

Cutting down my diet/drinking massively and going to do 45-60 minute runs every day bar one day of rest. Will still do press-ups and situps but only to burn calories rather than bulk up.

Cheers for advice,

I could manage about 12 mins of HIIT when I was doing it last year - by that point my last sprint was probably about as fast as my starting jog. Then it was time to stagger back into the flat and try not to be sick.

2 young lads in gym today made me laugh they went straight to bench press wacked on 110K and then done some 1/3 range presses between them. ( in between the giggles and constant phone calls )

ie spotter was stretching beforehand!

then I think they did a load of preacher curls and went.

why bother ? !

In contrast to that I asked a guy to spot me -not thinking anything about the gear he was wearing. All was fine until the last rep when he leaned over from behind and his trouser/shorts leg fell over my face to reveal a rather large hairy testicle with a boner. Motto of this tale: be careful who you ask to spot you, especially if they are wearing shorts or thre-quater length bottoms.

lol I'm doing my best, do you think I should up the sprint time?

If you aren't almost/actually throwing up at the end, yes. Up the sprint time and up the intensity of the sprint, when that gets easy, reduce the rest. Sessions should last up to twenty minutes, you won't be able to take more!

I prefer doing HIIT on a bike, so it's easier to up the intensity quickly, you just up the cadence, rather than fiddling with turning up a treadmill.

What intervals are you doing at the moment? 1 minute at 50% followed by 30 seconds at 90% I find pretty good. (and by find good, I mean find absolutely horrible, which is good!)

Should I be worried about clicking in my knees? They seem to click a lot, never any pain involved though.

I take Glucosamine daily and 2 x tsp of cod liver oil daily to - been doing this for last month or so but they haven't stopped
Similarly I get a clicking in my left tricep doing tricep exercises, I asked a gym instructor and he said he gets it too but works through it (he is rather large too, so I wouldn't argue with his advice :p).

EVERY bone in my body clicks...

toes click constantly, as to my knees
click my fingers just because its become a habit now

shoulders/elbows click when i workout too :) once i get over the first click... its time to train :D

Had a lucky escape just now, leg day and doing squats and I'm still not that strong so I only squat 60kg and got to the 7th rep of the 4th set and wasn't thinking about what I was doing and went about an inch too far down and just couldn't find the strength to come back up. Luckily my dad was there with me. Otherwise I would have dropped the weight on my mums car and she would not have been impressed :(. Normally I'm fine, I think the heat really takes it out of you.:(

I normally do but my dads been gardening and the other cars were on the drive so didn't have tons of room :(

I normally do 4 sets of 8 on the compounds due to advice I've received on here.

Would you recommend changing this morba?

I normally do but my dads been gardening and the other cars were on the drive so didn't have tons of room :(

I normally do 4 sets of 8 on the compounds due to advice I've received on here.

Would you recommend changing this morba?

Depends what your goals are mate. I'm sure Morba will have his own take on it as with everything in bodybuilding its how the individual reacts. But over simplified- 5 for more strength, 12 for more growth, and anywhere in between.

Had a lucky escape just now, leg day and doing squats and I'm still not that strong so I only squat 60kg and got to the 7th rep of the 4th set and wasn't thinking about what I was doing and went about an inch too far down and just couldn't find the strength to come back up. Luckily my dad was there with me. Otherwise I would have dropped the weight on my mums car and she would not have been impressed :(. Normally I'm fine, I think the heat really takes it out of you.:(

Could've been worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom