Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally do but my dads been gardening and the other cars were on the drive so didn't have tons of room :(

I normally do 4 sets of 8 on the compounds due to advice I've received on here.

Make the space always, your mind should be free of worry about hitting things or dropping plates on stuff.

Depends what your goals are mate. I'm sure Morba will have his own take on it as with everything in bodybuilding its how the individual reacts. But over simplified- 5 for more strength, 12 for more growth, and anywhere in between.

Go 5x5 on them squats fella until you've more strength.

those 2 lead me onto the next part:

Would you recommend changing this morba?

4x8 isn't too bad actually, that or 3x10 would be what i would recommend for you. You arent lifting that much (less than bodyweight surely?) so a standard normal rep range to get your body used to working is good :]

Was worried you were doing something a bit more exotic as you said you are normally fine at that point in your reps/sets.

Its worth remembering that you shouldnt actually be hitting 4x8. that last set you should be getting 6 or at a big push 7, if you are getting 8 reps in your last set (in 4x8) then you arent lifting enough :p

Make the space always, your mind should be free of worry about hitting things or dropping plates on stuff.

those 2 lead me onto the next part:

4x8 isn't too bad actually, that or 3x10 would be what i would recommend for you. You arent lifting that much (less than bodyweight surely?) so a standard normal rep range to get your body used to working is good :]

Was worried you were doing something a bit more exotic as you said you are normally fine at that point in your reps/sets.

Its worth remembering that you shouldnt actually be hitting 4x8. that last set you should be getting 6 or at a big push 7, if you are getting 8 reps in your last set (in 4x8) then you arent lifting enough :p

Kl thanks for the advice :) I'm currently 161 lbs about 73kg I think, have got a lean mass of about 135 lbs and am 6ft 2". I think I have an all right frame, its just not filled out. (I hope this is the case anyway)

I think I'll stick to 60 kg for my next session and see how I get on, I think the heat was getting to me somewhat but that shouldn't really be an excuse, If I am finding 60 too easy by the end of my next sesh I will up it to 65 :)

Thanks morba

EVERY bone in my body clicks...

toes click constantly, as to my knees
click my fingers just because its become a habit now

shoulders/elbows click when i workout too :) once i get over the first click... its time to train :D

Lol thats sounds really bad Steve:eek: you really ought to abuse Seven Seas Joint Care Original with Glucosamine it certainly has made all the difference for me!

Managed to drag myself down to the gym today despite the bank holiday :p

Glad I did though, was really quiet so could keep a really good rhythm going without having to wait on equipment

Tris feel so pumped

New routine time i think, can someone have a look at this for me most of it's from the sticky, changed a couple of things. Thanks. I've been doing stronglifts since last November. Squatting 3 times a weeks great if don't like walking lol.

Monday
bench press
Incline Dumbbell Bench / Chest
lateral raises

overhead press
Seated Dumbbell Military Press / shoulders

Close Grip Bench Press / triceps
Skull Crushers

Wednesday
Dead lifts
Bent over one arm Dumbbell rows / back

wide grip pullups
Barbell Bicep Curl
One arm Dumbbell hammer Curls / biceps

Friday
Squats
Dumbbell Lunges
Calf Raises /legs

Last edited:
anyone tried Q10? mate was on about this... ordering it as my FREE gift for spendin over £25

also how many of those tripple strength fish oils should I be taking? currently 6/day

worth getting on a multi vit? never used before

Last edited:
anyone tried Q10? mate was on about this... ordering it as my FREE gift for spendin over £25

also how many of those tripple strength fish oils should I be taking? currently 6/day

worth getting on a multi vit? never used before

As far as I can tell that's mostly beneficial to people with heart problems?

Right, changed the above split, does it all look ok now? I've never done a bodybuilding split before but i need a change, should be fun. thanks chaps.

What do you guys think of this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jeff1.htm

I know they're probably trying to sell something and that as with most of these things the likelihood is its utter tosh, but it makes for an interesting read.

edit: Also some of the exercises their suggesting seem to be a bit silly, Like behind the neck press, that's bad for your shoulders isn't it? Also noticed a lack of compounds.

Last edited:
Pulled my mates van again today.

This time we did it on a longer strech of road, just under 200 metres. Got a video of a little 'superset' we did, half length pulling the van and then unclip, run round the back and push the van rest of the way. Just need to get it off my mate in the gym this week.

Chest/shoulders session yesterday :)

Warmup:
Everything in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_MzRbZDJ8

Flat Bench:
10x60kg
8x80kg
6x90kg
6x90kg
8x80kg
10x60kg

Military Press:
10xsmith+30kg
10xsmith+40kg
10xsmith+40kg
10xsmith+30kg

Assisted Dips (BW=118kg)
10xBW-40kg
10xBW-35kg
8xBW-30kg
8xBW-30kg
10xBW-35kg
10xBW-40kg

Upright Rows:
10x30kg
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x30kg

Trunk twists:
10x30kg (digger)
10x35kg (digger)
10x35kg (chopper)
10x30kg (chopper)

Hammer curls:
10x18kg
10x18kg
10x18kg

Last edited:
Pulled my mates van again today.

This time we did it on a longer strech of road, just under 200 metres. Got a video of a little 'superset' we did, half length pulling the van and then unclip, run round the back and push the van rest of the way. Just need to get it off my mate in the gym this week.

You don't live a million miles away... if ever you want to have a few extra people around ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom