Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it an unfortunate side effect? Besides it doesn't happen to everyone anyway and I really doubt it has that much of an effect. Dont' get too worried about "genes", genes only come into play when we're talking professional and high-end sports people, for the average joe, i.e. all of us, it really means little. If you're big boned, or slight etc... most of us will be able to put on reasonable size and/or sculpt our bodies.

I used to be a skin head for 9 years from early teens to early twenties. I'm 6'2" and 'big'. People crossed the street when they saw me coming. Got lonely after a while :p

Grew my hair back to stop being so scary (and I was surprised by the results!)

I've got pretty thick body hair and its getting worse. The hair line is the best though. My hair line was receding before but at the moment, training as I am, it seems to be going back extremely fast. I'm only just 21 ha.

Wait till you're knocking on 30, you'll be happy. By then if you're training hard you will have built up a lot of muscle density and will look significantly better than you do now. So don't worry about hair, and don't worry about how you look now, because you're lucky you've all started training early so you have plenty of good things to come. I reckon by 35 I'm going to look hench and significant.

I thought resistance training causing hair loss was an old wives tale?

Any research/articles to back this up?
Maybe it is, and it is just coincidence that I have begun losing hair at the same time as training. :) However, there is the correlation that hair needs protein, muscles need protein.. when muscles need more protein, hair gets less protein. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom