Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article cristi, tried the BB hack squats and I couldn't seem to get the technique right, the bar was obstructing me from standing properly at the top of the movement, so I went for the BB split squats as you suggested morba and they were great, really felt it on my hamstrings too (I think these lag behind my quads quite a lot). Thanks again for all the help guys.

Yeh, they just felt a bit odd, and I couldn't seem to balance well enough with the bar restricting my ROM. The split squats are brilliant though, I'll be keeping them in place of normal squats, the felt great and I could have failed safely without a problem.:)

Hi all.

Quick question here....Does anyone know if you could get negative effects from taking Glucozamine tablets?

Just a random thought here...Thanks for any input, i'll have a look myself in a bit as well :)

Hi all.

Quick question here....Does anyone know if you could get negative effects from taking Glucozamine tablets?

Just a random thought here...Thanks for any input, i'll have a look myself in a bit as well :)

Not sure, but I swear it's banned in the US. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. :o

Not sure, but I swear it's banned in the US. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. :o

wiki said:
In the United States, glucosamine is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration for medical use in humans. Since glucosamine is classified as a dietary supplement in the US, safety and formulation are solely the responsibility of the manufacturer; evidence of safety and efficacy is not required as long as it is not advertised as a treatment for a medical condition.[24]

In Europe, glucosamine is approved as a medical drug and is sold in the form of glucosamine sulfate. In this case, evidence of safety and efficacy is required for the medical use of glucosamine and several guidelines have recommended its use as an effective and safe therapy for osteoarthritis.

Glucosamine is perfectly safe.

Selling things in the USA as a dietary supplement basically means they can pretty much sell whatever they want as long as it hasn't been banned.

In the US the FDA also have to prove that the product is harmful, rather than the manufacturer demonstrating it is safe.

Hm ok....Just wondering...As since I've started taking it to try and help aid the repair process of my ankle, my arm has decided to pull itself =/...Feels like the other one is going as well now also...

It's all getting rather annoying now :(....Bad left ankle, bad right knee, bad left elbow, bad right wrist..Can't seem to win.

managed 85kgx6 and 90kgx2 bench press today really happy about that only been going twice a week full body workout while working on running and swimming.

pull ups improved a fair bit aswell now and doing 4x3 wide arm when i could barely do 6 normal pull ups at xmas time my real probelm is squats.

Find it hard to motivate self to do them and find 80kg such hard work. Not sure if its because i go all the way ass to ground, rare to see people in my gym doing them as well so can't see what other people doing with them.

How low do you all go to? should i just try to keep to a better routine squatting every week or am i going to low or maybe im expecting to much squatting once a week and hoping increase weight rapidly getting to point now feels like my bench overtaking squat while i know its little weight seems rly abnormal.

cheers will try doing that, i read soemwhere about squatting every time you go to the that 3x10 one day 5x5 the next time.

main reason squatting at a heavier weight then confortable is because it worked for my other lifts get 1-2 reps on something then keep at it and soon enough have 5 reps on it and so on.

That and i'm not sure if i'm being a woman i don't mind pushing myself in anything to the limit of my capabilities for example deadlift but when it comes to squats i just hate them hard to explain they tire me out like nothing else.

Dead lifts

50kg 3x5
70kg 3x5
90kg 3x5
110kg 3x5

bent over rows, never done these before

12.5kg 3x8

Wide grip pull ups never done these before and i managed 3
3xf

Preacher curls, never done these before.

25kg 3x8

Felt quite sick after the deadlifts and a little dizzy.

Dead lifts

50kg 3x5
70kg 3x5
90kg 3x5
110kg 3x5

bent over rows, never done these before

12.5kg 3x8

Wide grip pull ups never done these before and i managed 3
3xf

Preacher curls, never done these before.

25kg 3x8

Felt quite sick after the deadlifts and a little dizzy.

Is the bent over row number right? Deadlifted 110kg then did 12.5kg rows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom