Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh tyre flippage! Muchos jealous!

Did a quick 70 min leg session today just getting myself back into regular training.

Squats:
10x60
10x100
10x120
8x120
8x130
6x140

DL

5x100
5x120
5x140
5x160
5x180

Used a thick bar with chalk, boy that's hard work!!

Leg press:

10x200
8x240
8x280
8x280
6x320

Step ups:

12x60
10x100
10x100
8x110
4x120

I did some RC strengthening and physio exercises for 10 minutes too.

Not particularly big weights, but the intensity and volume wasn't bad considering I'm out of it for a bit.

Big back day on Sat. Can't wait! :D

How long have you been bodybuilding? If you don't mind me asking. Because that is a very impressive amount of weight, did you start quite strong?

They're not by any means my best (see my PBs in my sig). I've been doing it for 3 years now. Was always quite broad, but I was 80kg @ 185cm tall. I'm now touching on 100kg (still @ 185cm :p). I wasn't uber strong, but I think I have good genetics. Most people who describe my physique call it "thick" and "powerful". I've learnt so much over the last 3 years, and whilst progress hasn't been quick, my recovery and consistency has improved dramatically. I don't take a barrage of supps, I have tried them all (bar naughty stuff) to a greater or lesser degree of success. Ultimately I found that eating good food and training hard is the best way to get big really.

Thanks for your compliments - not particularly happy with the weights at hte moment, but I have had some few weeks off so it'll take me a few weeks to get back into it.

They're not by any means my best (see my PBs in my sig). I've been doing it for 3 years now. Was always quite broad, but I was 80kg @ 185cm tall. I'm now touching on 100kg (still @ 185cm :p). I wasn't uber strong, but I think I have good genetics. Most people who describe my physique call it "thick" and "powerful". I've learnt so much over the last 3 years, and whilst progress hasn't been quick, my recovery and consistency has improved dramatically. I don't take a barrage of supps, I have tried them all (bar naughty stuff) to a greater or lesser degree of success. Ultimately I found that eating good food and training hard is the best way to get big really.

Thanks for your compliments - not particularly happy with the weights at hte moment, but I have had some few weeks off so it'll take me a few weeks to get back into it.

Ah kl, I don't think I'll get anywhere near that in three years, I've got a 'slim' physique, but I'm broadening out quite quickly since starting on the weights :D

On the supplements front, the only thing that I am taking is a protein shake post workout, also I am contemplating some of that seven seas joint stuff, just because I'm starting to feel the strain on my knees a bit.

I think setting myself goals is the important thing to push me forward, so as it is, I am aiming for a 70kg (4 full sets) bench press, 100kg dead lift (4 full sets) and 50 kg Split squats (again 4 full sets) by the end of the summer. Hopefully this will be achievable and is always a factor that I find helps spur me on and push that extra bit.

Have you ever considered juicing mate? If you don't feel comfortable discussing it here then please don't.

ot: I enjoy upping the weight but for me its more the feel I get. Once you go past a certain weight you can lose some of the feel as other muscles come into play/ form suffers, especially for me as I'm not naturally strong.
I think a lot of people confuse bodybuilding with how much weight you can lift where in reality it makes no difference at all, its all about the appearance of being strong :p

I'm after strength predominantly, the muscle building is a handy side effect which I like a lot. :)

Discussing AASes isn't really suitable for the forum, my initial answer is no as it's not really my "thing". Whether or not in 10 years I change my mind I'll let you know! :p I'm not against them, it's just not for me.

I'm after strength predominantly, the muscle building is a handy side effect which I like a lot. :)

Discussing AASes isn't really suitable for the forum, my initial answer is no as it's not really my "thing". Whether or not in 10 years I change my mind I'll let you know! :p I'm not against them, it's just not for me.

Ok mate understood.

It would be for me mate yes. I try and just eat up and have a nice rest in the evening then go back at it. I wouldn't be doing the badmington or anything like that either though. But like I say do what you feel is best. Reducing your cals will not be helping things, giving you less energy and making it harder to repair so play it by ear.
I increased my portions and been feeling better :). I continued training taking it easy with greatly reduced rests but the training has been pretty intense. I'll be waiting for full recovery before I start increasing weights again on shoulder and chest days. Thanks for you input.

I had 3 days off (gym was closed) and I feel a fair whack better.

Went straight onto DL's today:

WU X 10
70 X 10
90 X 10
110 X 10
120 X 6
130 X 4
140 x 3
150 x 1 (PB)
155 x 1 (failure)

Followed by Front Squats/Leg Ext/Leg Curl/Standing Calf Raise

The max I've gone is 140 for 2 reps and that's when I start losing grip but today I hit 150 without any grip issues. I think I hit the 155 sooner than I should have - got half way couldn't quite get the pull through. Really chuffed considering 10 months ago I started off on 50kg.

I'm looking to start bulking when I get back to Sheffield (next month) is 175kg a realistic aim for end of the year? Weighed in at 156lb today.

Them squat stats are deadly FF! :D

Was arm day today and I'm pretty happy, on dumbbell curls I did 2 of my sets on my normal 16.5 kg and then thought this is too easy and got out a full 8 on 18kg :D

Triceps are coming along nicely now too, managed 30 kg skull crushers :D

I have to say a properly structured routine with plenty of rest is doing wonders for my weights and growth :)

My diet is also falling into place better now too which could be a major factor.

I hoping to join up to a gym sometime soon...I just don't have the time or energy to come home straight after work and do stuff at home at the moment =/...

Just have to break the news to the misses now :p

Managed to reach 100kg deadlift yesterday for 3 full sets of 10, which is my PB, usually only manage 100kg for the last set

Lower back is in agony this morning though :D

haha congrats mate, I'm starting to really love the big compounds.

Leg day today gonna try and get up to 40kg on my split squats :)

I increased my portions and been feeling better :). I continued training taking it easy with greatly reduced rests but the training has been pretty intense. I'll be waiting for full recovery before I start increasing weights again on shoulder and chest days. Thanks for you input.

I had 3 days off (gym was closed) and I feel a fair whack better.

Went straight onto DL's today:

WU X 10
70 X 10
90 X 10
110 X 10
120 X 6
130 X 4
140 x 3
150 x 1 (PB)
155 x 1 (failure)

Followed by Front Squats/Leg Ext/Leg Curl/Standing Calf Raise

The max I've gone is 140 for 2 reps and that's when I start losing grip but today I hit 150 without any grip issues. I think I hit the 155 sooner than I should have - got half way couldn't quite get the pull through. Really chuffed considering 10 months ago I started off on 50kg.

I'm looking to start bulking when I get back to Sheffield (next month) is 175kg a realistic aim for end of the year? Weighed in at 156lb today.

Them squat stats are deadly FF! :D

No problem mate glad it helped out. Some really nice improvements on your lifts there as well mate well done. 175 is a very realistic goal if you really want it :)

Back day today - woohoo! (can you tell that I love back days?!) :cool:

Triple superset: T-Bars // Bent-over pull downs // WG chins

10x40kg+bar
10x60kg+bar
10x80kg+bar
8x100kg+bar
6x120kg+bar
ds:12x60kg+bar

10x100kg
10x100kg
10x100kg
10x100kg