*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
You'll still drop bars when cupping the phone but after the update the result is that the worst case drop of 24dBm no longer makes all the signal bars disappear, but rather two.

Soldato
5 bars down to 3 on 3G, gave it some death grip action and it went from 3 bars on 3G to 1 bar on E.

Nice. Be interesting to see what they say tomorrow.

Associate
Can anyone cut a vodafone sim and put it into a iPhone 4 ? I've done it on orange, and it works fine.

I heard off someone that vodafone sims are locked to iPhone and you cannot cut a normal sim. I think this is balls, but would just like to ask the question.

Soldato
just wondering if when you guys plug the Iphone to sync stuff, do you leave it plugged till its charged back up again before unplugging it even if battery is around 80%?

Associate
Well all i can say is totally pathetic. Still goes all the way down to searching if i use the death grip and to top it off i seem to have no signal in certain parts of the house where i previously had signal (poor granted) and was able to make calls.

Going to have to make some more calls to test proper but i am hoping that at the very least the proximity sensor might work now

Soldato
Well all i can say is totally pathetic. Still goes all the way down to searching if i use the death grip and to top it off i seem to have no signal in certain parts of the house where i previously had signal (poor granted) and was able to make calls.

Going to have to make some more calls to test proper but i am hoping that at the very least the proximity sensor might work now

The update does not affect actual signal level nor contain any other updates / fixes.

Updating knackered my phone - had to spend two hours restoring... :mad:

Soldato
As expected the update has done literally nothing to my phone :p

Looking more and more forward to seeing what Apple has to say :p I still fear however, they will just say we are holding it wrong or that "Many other phones will also drop like this if you hold them incorrectly" ¬_¬'

Associate
The update does not affect actual signal level nor contain any other updates / fixes.

Updating knackered my phone - had to spend two hours restoring... :mad:

Are you sure cause no matter how hard i try to break it i can no longer replicate my previous proximity sensor fault

Back
Top Bottom