*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Boo! I want the old signal bars back. 4.0 I had 5 bars and couldn't make it drop the signal, now I have 4 bars and can make it drop to 3. :(

Caporegime
^ Aww I missed it :(

Was it the most Apple superfanboy post ever? :p

Probably:p...the guy doesnt know if hes coming or going...i mean i can understand some peoples addiction to certain things ie khaan and his android fanboism:p, hes as fanatical as the apple fanboi's in all honesty...even i admit that im a blackberry fanboi but wouldnt say im fanatical about it as i also know the weak points about BB.

Associate
I can't for the life of me get it to drop to No Service, in the exact same place I could without the update (Sat on my bed).

Seems like they realised that they were reporting No Service when really, there was available service for the phone to use.

Before the update, couldn't make a call in the death grip in areas with weak signal.
After the update, same location, same death grip (held on for longer), can't get it to drop below one bar and can make and hold a call.

Associate
Just wondering with today's press conference closing in, IF they decide to give free/reduced bumpers, does that mean I would get a 2nd one or a part refund?
I bought a bumper with the iphone on launch day.

Em

Soldato
sounds like the update just changes tolerances

The new bar tolerances are pretty much what I expected - an improved spread over the lower and mid range.

iPhoneSignal_both.jpg

Though isn't dBs logarithmic.... so surely a more linear scale (like the new one) is wrong :confused:.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love my iphone and I don't have any issues with dropped calls. In certain circumstances I can emulate the signal drop...

But regardless of whether it doesn't affect me - it shouldn't have this issue.

Back
Top Bottom