*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Just a quick question...i had my shipping email from Apple on the 24th..had a look and it was shipped on the 24th of July.

How long does it normally take for the delivery to take ie from the shipping date to me actually having it delivered to my house??.

Associate
Just a quick question...i had my shipping email from Apple on the 24th..had a look and it was shipped on the 24th of July.

How long does it normally take for the delivery to take ie from the shipping date to me actually having it delivered to my house??.

Mine took pretty much exactly a week.

Soldato
I've stuck it in the accessories thread, but I thought you might like to know what failure looks like when it comes to iphone 4's.

iphonefail.jpg

Obviously very sharp - so if anyone is as clumsy as me, watch those hands.

Associate
Thanks, still not found a wallpaper I am happy with so will have to look at making my own. Any suggestions as to where to get a case for the phone? I have ordered the free bumper but it's 3-5 weeks so could do with something sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Matt

Can any one recommend a case? I think I want just a plain black one. I went to the apple shop on my lunch break but they don't sell the cases anymore. My only option is online but I have no idea of good makes or reputable retailers.

Thanks

Soldato
How did you manage that

Was in the middle of a bit of road rage (nothing nasty), and got out of the car quite quickly and the phone was in a slip case that was designed for the 3G, whilst I waited for my bumper to show up.

Flew off the seat, out of the case and on to the deck from no higher than 2 foot.

Not surprised it got damaged, but was a bit surprised at the extent.

All replaced now anyhoo - iPhone 4 number 2 is much better wrapped up.

Soldato
Was in the middle of a bit of road rage (nothing nasty), and got out of the car quite quickly and the phone was in a slip case that was designed for the 3G, whilst I waited for my bumper to show up.

Flew off the seat, out of the case and on to the deck from no higher than 2 foot.

Not surprised it got damaged, but was a bit surprised at the extent.

All replaced now anyhoo - iPhone 4 number 2 is much better wrapped up.

ouch! how much did they charge you for a replacement/Repair £150? I dropped mine the other day but I managed let it hit my foot first before it hit the wooden floor.

Soldato
Gaijin, was it just all the back that was shattered? Was the actual phone still working and was the front screen damaged at all?

Anyone know how much a spare back costs for the iphone 4? It simply comes off when you remove the bottom 2 screws, so if you do have one that you use without a case and it gets damaged/scratched, I am sure you can just buy a brand spanking shiny new back and swap it.

Soldato
Gaijin, was it just all the back that was shattered? Was the actual phone still working and was the front screen damaged at all?

Anyone know how much a spare back costs for the iphone 4? It simply comes off when you remove the bottom 2 screws, so if you do have one that you use without a case and it gets damaged/scratched, I am sure you can just buy a brand spanking shiny new back and swap it.

it costs around £100 for an oem back.

Soldato

The back was shattered - as you can see the lense/camera cover was fine but the LED cover had a crack through it.

The stainless steel body had some scuffs on it and the plastic back glass holder was badly gouged in the top left corner (at the impact point). Phone worked absolutely fine, as did the camera.

As for costs, its not the glass thats the problem - you can pick the glass up for £10-£25, it's the plastic back cover that holds the glass which is the problem. mine was gouged and really wanted to be replaced, but you just can't get hold of them at the moment. As I mentioned previously, you can replace the glass but you need a heat gun to get it in and out.

As my glass holder and the steel was scuffed and gouged, I made the decision to just get a new phone as I knew it would bother me.

Cheapest for the holder and glass over here was £100ish, and cheapest abroad was this for circa £65 plus postage:

http://www.chinaontrade.com/apple-iphone-4-back-cover-panel-black-with-back-frame-p-527.html

As soon as the replacement glass holder becomes more prevalent and cheaper, replacement will be relatively painless.

Back
Top Bottom