*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Anybody else expecting delivery of theirs via three today? i've just called up, it was shipped next day by DPD yesterday so should arrive between 8-6 apparently.

Answer phone message when you're in queue states available from 30th July though, presumably for the 2nd batch of stock.

Fingers crossed anyway, I paid for the thing 3 weeks ago!

Soldato
Finally ordered my iPhone. Should be here tomorrow! Happy days!

Had an iPhone 2G, owned it for half a year before selling on as lack of 3G internet made it pointless, been through several phones but not happy with any of them so will be looking forward to moving back to an iPhone where everything just works(bar getting signal. :p).

Associate
Had an email from 3 earlier (after registering interest a month ago).

Apparently its being released on the 30th, no sign of a pay on site method yet though.

Soldato
Guys, how are 3 for service, coverage etc?. I got an email yesterday saying that they will have iPhone 4 handsets in stores on the 30th July. Tempted to jump ship from TMobile as the 3 packages look very good price wise compared to the ones TMobile had on their website ( they removed them a while ago ). But I've spoken to a couple of folk who raised their eyebrows when 3 were mentioned as a provider?.

Soldato
3 and T-mobile started to merge their 3G networks back in 2008 - therefore the data coverage should be broadly similar. I'm not sure if also includes the GSM voice network.

I just jumped ship from T-Mobile after 10+ years to Orange because of the inept handling of the iPhone. Give it a couple of years and 3/T-Mob/Orange will be sharing a network infrastructure.

Associate
Been with three 4years now, never really had any problems with them. Coverage is usually very good for me too. Writing this from my iPhone4 on three :p

Soldato
From what I understand. Orange, t-mobile and three will all be using the same network from the end of the year.

The only things that will differ are who you pay your money to.

Associate
From what I understand. Orange, t-mobile and three will all be using the same network from the end of the year.

The only things that will differ are who you pay your money to.

It makes you wonder why the Mobile Network Infrastructure isn't government owned / run, but with the carriers all paying hefty "Network Improvement and Maintenance" fees, so the tax payer isn't covering the costs. No doubt the whole of the UK would be fully covered by 3G by now if this had been the case.

Associate
Got my iphone 4 yesterday, after going into the orange store with the girlfriend to pick hers up!

But I have no 3g! Everything else works fine. This is on both our iphones. Anybody on here with Orange have any 3g problems?

Orange said its something to do with their servers?

I've updated it to 4.01, reset the settings many times over etc but no joy on the 3g connection.

Soldato
Got my iphone 4 yesterday, after going into the orange store with the girlfriend to pick hers up!

But I have no 3g! Everything else works fine. This is on both our iphones. Anybody on here with Orange have any 3g problems?

Orange said its something to do with their servers?

I've updated it to 4.01, reset the settings many times over etc but no joy on the 3g connection.

You're holding it wrong. :p

Back
Top Bottom