*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Man of Honour
Do you use giffgaff - any ideas what they are like what networks they run on? Assume these plans are pure PAYG or SIM-only rolling contracts?

ps3ud0 :cool:

As far as I know they use the O2 network, not much more than that. (They are owned by O2)

Looks interesting though, anyone with them?

Edit - As above.

Soldato
Haha brilliant, didn't realise they were owned by o2 also. When I called for my PAC code the guy on the phone had never heard of them before and said "We usually try to offer you a better deal, but there's no way we can match them. I might change over myself."

Caporegime
Im tempted when my O2 renewal happens in December - then Ill have the £15 one with 300mins and will enjoy the unlimited net.

Ideally Id like to keep on my current £35 O2 iPhone talk plan and get a large discount (make it £20 a month) when I recontract without a handet change...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Probably already been asked in the previous 261 pages, but is the USB cable that comes with the 4 different to all previous iPod USB cables? It seems to me that only the one that came with the 4 will connect to the phone when the bumper is on. None of my other cables will actually plug far enough in to register as being connected.

Also, on a similar line, do any of the docks work with the bumper? Or does it need to be removed every time to sit it in the dock?

Cheers

Soldato
probably take that long to get stock in anyway...

My local TMob store had lots available this morning when I phoned. Was quite surprised. Thought there would have been a queue at the door at opening but I was the first one at that store to get one and I didn't manage to get in there until about 10.30 am 'ish. :)

Permabanned
Find that hard to believe mate...my contract is up for renewal in Oct and i just spoke to them and they wont even let me buy out my contract in order to get the iphone4...they have offered me an early upgrade now but even then i cant upgrade to the iphone4.

Wont be able to upgrade to the iphone4 till 24th sept at the earliest.

well i have no reason to make this up, ive got 2 iPhones coming tomoz paid £170 on this months bill as cancellation/early upgrade and £48 for the iPhones, my online t-mobile account now says our tariffs are iPhone 45 so there is a way to upgrade early!

Caporegime
well i have no reason to make this up, ive got 2 iPhones coming tomoz paid £170 on this months bill as cancellation and £48 for the iPhones, my online t-mobile account now says our tariffs are iPhone 45 so there is a way to upgrade early!

Hmmm interesting if correct because no matter what i said to them, they wouldnt budge...even if i paid off my contract early they werent willing to listen...maybe i got an idiot on the phone...am gonna try again tommorrow and see how far i get...bit disappointed that ive been with them for such a long time but yet they wont budge for me :/

Associate
I'm tempted to take my iPhone back to O2, cancel my contract, get the PAC code and jump ship to Three.

Would this be a good idea?

yeh thats what i be doing once my current O2 contract up in September. Three has good prices but only downside is they are only 24 months. If you dont mind that then go for it. Check your signal strength with three first , i checked mine as my sister is on three and i get full bars all around the house where as O2 i dont.

Man of Honour
Mine is currenty set to fetch email, fairly heavy usage, music playing out loud for a bit, some video, web browsing, etc.

Usage: 2 hours, 57 minutes
Standby: 3 Days, 6 Hours
Battery - 40%

Yours sounds a bit off.

Back
Top Bottom