*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Wow really??...i rung up earlier this week to find out about my upgrade and was told because im a high value customer its an early upgrade ie 3 mths early but they wont offer me the iphone4:(...said my contract runs out on oct24th so after that i can haggle for a better deal and by then i imagine there will be more than enough to go round.

Still waiting on my iphone4 to come from apple...its almost been a month now and im pretty ****ed about it...it shipped on the 24th but it wont be delivered till the 6th august latest...unbelievable that it takes them 2 weeks to deliver from the ship date....

SPAWN

Ive just spoken to my local tmobile shop, and the manager there told me I will be able to upgrade 3 months early 10.8.2010 to IP4. customer loyalty and how much you spend has nothing to do with it, the only thing that comes into question is availability. I asked him was he 100% sure and he said yeah, he had just done the same thing with a customer.
There is no haggling, the price you see is the price you pay, unlike any other phones on the shelf.

Soldato
just had 2 iPhone 4's delivered from t-Mobile with micro sims, considering im due an upgrade in november you can upgrade early on tmob

happy days !!!! :D

how does the msim work ? does it come with the phone with your number etc etc or does it come as a seperate item few days later
what price plan have you been on before the upgrade and how long u been with them ?

Soldato
yeh thats what i be doing once my current O2 contract up in September. Three has good prices but only downside is they are only 24 months. If you dont mind that then go for it. Check your signal strength with three first , i checked mine as my sister is on three and i get full bars all around the house where as O2 i dont.

It's mostly their fantastic 3G coverage that i really want! :p

O2's is awful down here!

Caporegime
SPAWN

Ive just spoken to my local tmobile shop, and the manager there told me I will be able to upgrade 3 months early 10.8.2010 to IP4. customer loyalty and how much you spend has nothing to do with it, the only thing that comes into question is availability. I asked him was he 100% sure and he said yeah, he had just done the same thing with a customer.
There is no haggling, the price you see is the price you pay, unlike any other phones on the shelf.

Cheers mate, im gonna head into my local tmobile shop and see what they say...hopefully ill have a iphone4 by end of today.

Permabanned
happy days !!!! :D

how does the msim work ? does it come with the phone with your number etc etc or does it come as a seperate item few days later
what price plan have you been on before the upgrade and how long u been with them ?

you just go online to t-mobile.co.uk/newsim and they text your old sim with a pin you enter the number of the new msim, mine was activated within 10mins :)

been with t-mobile for years with 2 lines, was on Flext 40 with Blackberry for last 15 months

Associate
My black bumper arrived this morning, looks much better than I was expecting will definitly be using it. I could use some higher quality screen protectors tho the current ones I have are pretty poor.

Associate
Picked up my iPhone 4 yesterday at the regent street store. Had a two week wait so wasn't as bad as I expected. Very happy with it so far, massive speed boost over the 3G. Can anyone recommend some good screen protectors?

Caporegime
Oh well cant say i didnt try, went into my local tmobile shop and they are saying the same thing as well...cant upgrade until a month before my contract runs out.

So Tmobile have given me no choice but to cancel my contract which ive rung up and they dont seem in the slightest bit concerned that they are losing a pretty high value customer...bunch of ****ing inept monkeys they are in all honesty.

Am off to have a look at voda, orange and O2 but im leaning towards voda at the moment.

Just unbelievable that Tmobile arent willing to budge the ****s.

Soldato
no way !!
even tho you are allowed an early upgrade ?
would they offer anything else ? just not IP4

Last edited:
Caporegime
no way !!
even tho you are allowed an early upgrade ?
would they offer anything else ? just not IP4

Oh yeh they offered me all their crappy phones no problem...just the iphone4 they arent letting me upgrade to...told them exactly what i think of them in all honesty...screwing over their existing customers and then telling me its apple thats put in the restriction...yeh **** the hell off is the first thing that came to my mind.

Oh well their loss really...i still have another tmobile contract which ill be cancelling next week as well as i dont want anything to do with them.

Soldato
hmmm not looking good then, for anyone
i mean if you have 2 lines with them and they wont budge, im not going to have a hope in hell

Last edited:
Associate
Oh well cant say i didnt try, went into my local tmobile shop and they are saying the same thing as well...cant upgrade until a month before my contract runs out.

So Tmobile have given me no choice but to cancel my contract which ive rung up and they dont seem in the slightest bit concerned that they are losing a pretty high value customer...bunch of ****ing inept monkeys they are in all honesty.

Am off to have a look at voda, orange and O2 but im leaning towards voda at the moment.

voda were exactly the same when i wanted to upgrade from a dumb phone £25 a month contract to a £35 a month smartphone contract, basically they said no dice pay ur ETF, so i went to tMo lol

Soldato
surely if tmobile offer you an early upgrade, you should be allowed to upgrade to hat ever you want.
is there any way to end the contract early ?
if they dont let me have IP4 on the 10th Aug I will be so so annoyed
the muppets on the phone dont help either !

Soldato

spawn

ive just read a fe post on various forums about this, and the solution is to keep calling customer service until you get what you want, but dont say that you have tried before. ive read this and it seems to work, give it a shot buddy, whats the worst that can happen

Soldato
Dropped into the local O2 earlier...they offered me £150 for my 3G 16GB. Iam very tempted, as they had plenty of stock in but know I should wait until I move into my new place as the signal seems to jump up and down quite abit there.

Back
Top Bottom