*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
tbh even though i really dislike pretty much all of apples software/hardware and general attitude towards everything i still want to have a mac book pro/iphone 4 EVEN though i dislike Apple a lot.

they are very stylish and desirable as pieces of hardware. However thats not how i decide to buy my tech =P

Soldato
3 network is looking very very tempting
2000 mins
5000 sms
1 gig allowance
32gig phone £ 149 @ £40pm

to get anywhere near that with 02 your looking at £60pm

i dont think you will find a better deal than that for the cheapest upfront 32gig IP4 sub £40pm contract

Caporegime
10 aug is my early update date.
if i dont get it i will get them to final bill me and i will be off to o2
i think ur right tho spawn, they are going to loose a hell of a lot of customers if they carry on like this.
early upgrade means just that !!

when u say pay off your contract, is that the price you pay for the month x month remaining ? so in my case 35 x 3

Yeh i doubt it very much if you will get the iphone4 on an early upgrade...ive tried all sorts of ways and yet they still refuse to do it for me.

Yep i imagine thats how they work it out although they might give you a discount as im paying £55 pm and i have 3 mths left so when i asked them they said £113 to end it there and then...so its not the £150ish i was looking at.

The contracts on the iphone4 do suck..only reason why im wanting to upgrade is so that i have unlimited calls and texts...1 gb of internet is fine with me but £60 over 24mths is a bit too much in all honesty...my plan is or was to get the iphone4 as an upgrade and sell it but keep my contract with the blackberry add on as i wont be using the iphone4...seeing as i have a sim free being delivered sometime this week coming. But looks like ill either jump ship or might just wait till sept and see what tmobile say ie want to see how much they are really willing to keep me once my contract is finished....dont expect them to keep me in all honesty

Soldato
interesting mate
so i could be looking at a lot less to end my contract early
i will wait n see if they give me what im after on the 10th, then go from there

Man of Honour
I'm wondering if the 16GB I ordered will be enough, I can't see me putting that much music on it really though.

It's another 90quid upfront for the 32

I'd pay that if I were you, I've got 14GB of music on mine at the moment and the HD Video files aren't exactly small if you use the video camera a bit :eek:

I would have been kicking myself if I had the 16GB.

Soldato
I'd pay that if I were you, I've got 14GB of music on mine at the moment and the HD Video files aren't exactly small if you use the video camera a bit :eek:

I would have been kicking myself if I had the 16GB.

Kicking myself..this is what I'm worried about.

I can't really see me putting much music on though. I don't really have much as it is!

Hmmm tough one.

Associate
It ain't just music though- you might want some podcasts, watch (or record) a few vids, keep a selection of photos with you etc. I've got over 1Gb of apps alone on mine....

I just about got by with my 16Gb 3G, but a 32Gb 4 was a no-brainer. I'd have gone for a 64Gb if they did one!

Man of Honour
well it won't be shipping till Monday so I have time to change it. I just need to think whether i need the space. Which is the more popular model?

Probably the 16GB due to its price and the fact you cant tell the difference externally so its an equally effective fashion accessory :p

Soldato
Finally managed to get an iPhone 4 today! Vodafone were being awkward again so i went to another shop and asked if o2 were allowing people not already on an o2 contract to get an iPhone 4 yet...and turns out they started allowing this today, and they had one O2 iPhone4 in stock!

Soldato
I went for the 16Gb as all my previous phones never had their storage ability stretched to anywhere near that. I had an HTC Touch Pro with a 32Gb memory card in it and I think the max I ever seen it at was about 14Gb. My last phone before I got the iP4 yesterday was a 2G 8Gb iPhone and again, never got anywhere near the limit of storage on that.

I appreciate everyone is different but then that's why there are two versions of the iP4 available. 16Gb will be the top seller and the 32Gb will be the one that people with huge pr0n collections.......errrr........I mean movie collections will go for. :p

Soldato
I'm going to stick with the 16 because I have never filled a phone over 1GB, yea I have to think about APP's and stuff but I really can't see me getting near 16 for my needs.

I hope so anyway but I can't justify another 90 quid

Permabanned
Yeh i doubt it very much if you will get the iphone4 on an early upgrade...ive tried all sorts of ways and yet they still refuse to do it for me.

Yep i imagine thats how they work it out although they might give you a discount as im paying £55 pm and i have 3 mths left so when i asked them they said £113 to end it there and then...so its not the £150ish i was looking at.

The contracts on the iphone4 do suck..only reason why im wanting to upgrade is so that i have unlimited calls and texts...1 gb of internet is fine with me but £60 over 24mths is a bit too much in all honesty...my plan is or was to get the iphone4 as an upgrade and sell it but keep my contract with the blackberry add on as i wont be using the iphone4...seeing as i have a sim free being delivered sometime this week coming. But looks like ill either jump ship or might just wait till sept and see what tmobile say ie want to see how much they are really willing to keep me once my contract is finished....dont expect them to keep me in all honesty

thats shocking cos ive got it on early upgrade 4 months early paying £170 for 2 contracts, maybe they have some sort of way of deciding who gets it and who doesnt such as time with tmobile etc or the CS people you spoke to were stupid or we just got lucky first thing on a friday morning

Caporegime
I'm going to stick with the 16 because I have never filled a phone over 1GB, yea I have to think about APP's and stuff but I really can't see me getting near 16 for my needs.

I hope so anyway but I can't justify another 90 quid
I wouldnt compare it to other previous phones - Ive used smartphones for 5+years and found it hard to fill a SD card let alone a SDHC - now my 32Gb phone is nearly full, just like its predecessor...

Im also far more picky on what I install on it now so its definitely media rather than apps filling it all up...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom