*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Just a heads up for anyone wanting an iphone on three, you can get some money back of from quidco. I ordered the 32gig on the lowest tariff and am getting back £64 cash back which isnt bad at all. If you go for the higher tariff you can get £100 cash back. They saying my order should be here Wednesday, lets hope they keep there word.

By the way you can only buy the 32gig online not the 16gig.

Associate
I've owned a 2g, 3GS and currently a 4 and I've never used a screen protector other than the piece of plastic that comes with the phone when you but it. But I am quite careful with it.

Hitman
Soldato
Can we still not talk about jailbreaking and its details here? Be nice if this policy is reviewed again...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Hope so.

It was censored because it was deemed illegal, but it no longer is:

The U.S. Librarian of Congress ruled on Monday that consumers who circumvent digital protections on smartphones to install unapproved applications—a practice often colloquially known as “jailbreaking”—for noninfringing reasons should be exempted from prosecution under the anti-circumvention section of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

http://www.macworld.com/article/152935/2010/07/jailbreak_exemption.html

Soldato
As has already been pointed out, its not "illegal" as such, simply against the EULA. ;)

I understand that lol, and JB discussion is now allowed. Although creating a system to circumvent copywrite is illegal (hence writing DVD/BR decryption is illegal). So if JB allows you to install or use 'warez' then it would be illegal to create in this country.

Still not sure on the legality of using such software to get around copywrite protection but I suspect that's covered under the usual laws - for each instance of the copywrite violation.

Personally the free software concept is killing choice as it deters many of the backroom developers from creating great apps and getting a little incentive. However I also believe that we're in the decline of software as a technology.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a heads up for anyone wanting an iphone on three, you can get some money back of from quidco. I ordered the 32gig on the lowest tariff and am getting back £64 cash back which isnt bad at all. If you go for the higher tariff you can get £100 cash back. They saying my order should be here Wednesday, lets hope they keep there word.

By the way you can only buy the 32gig online not the 16gig.

how exctly does this work ?
ive just signedup at quidco, and im directed to the 3 site to choose my deal, if im going for the 32gig on £40pm, i dont see how the cashback thing works tho ? :confused:

Associate
Made the upgrade from the 3G to iPhone 4 and the speed difference is incredible. Websites load in a fraction of the time. And apps like Reeder complete their syncing far faster. The battery life is considerably better than the 3G too.

I loved my 3G but the better screen, speed and battery make it so much more satisfying to use.

Back
Top Bottom