*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Like niir said its a aluminium bumper made out of machined cnc so looks the part...got myself down on the pre-order list so just waiting for them to sort it out ie when i can order...definitely getting one though...you can also have a carbon fiber backplate but that takes the price up to $99 i think.
Let me know what you think - I might be after a custom one once they are about (dont like their branding tbh)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Let me know what you think - I might be after a custom one once they are about (dont like their branding tbh)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Not too fussed with their branding and they will be offering non branded version or ones you can make yourself...makes no difference to me, in fact i quite like the vapor4 insignia on the side of it.

Now just to find a decent screen protector and a protector for the back as well.

Caporegime
One question...i havent charged my iphone4 since turning it on today...im at about 28% now...planning to run the battery down then give it a full overnite charge...i guess thats ok and wont affect the battery life too much or is it going to screw up the battery??

Soldato
One question...i havent charged my iphone4 since turning it on today...im at about 28% now...planning to run the battery down then give it a full overnite charge...i guess thats ok and wont affect the battery life too much or is it going to screw up the battery??

It'll be fine.

You can also read here on how to maintain the life of the battery.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Man of Honour
Tell that to Element cases, they can't make them fast enough at the moment.

Well, while its a nice product and all, the vast majority of people aren't going to be paying £50 for a bumper.

That said, they probably aren't too hard up if they've just bought a £600 phone, but £50 is taking the **** imo.

Caporegime
Gahhh now i realise just how much i hate itunes...geez synching all my music then trying to synch a playlist is proving harder than i thought...i had everything set up on my ipod as i wanted it so thought it would just be an easy synch over to my iphone4 but nope it synchs everything but misses out on my on the go playlist...anyhow managed to do it but deleting everything and starting new but still why cant apple just allow a simple drag and drop for gawds sake.

Caporegime
One other thing ive noticed and dont know if anyone else has the same issue, im thinking it might be a build issue but at the top of my iphone near the earphone socket...it seems to curve inwards a bit ie its not sitting flush...seems like someone was over zealous and probably tightened the screws or whatever in there.

Anyone else have that on their iphone...even holding up against a white background it does seem to curve inwards....looks like i was right lol when i said the other day just my luck that the one i get has some sort of defect on it :/

Soldato
Gahhh now i realise just how much i hate itunes...geez synching all my music then trying to synch a playlist is proving harder than i thought...i had everything set up on my ipod as i wanted it so thought it would just be an easy synch over to my iphone4 but nope it synchs everything but misses out on my on the go playlist...anyhow managed to do it but deleting everything and starting new but still why cant apple just allow a simple drag and drop for gawds sake.

I just keep a playlist called iphone and set it to only sync that playlist. That way I just drag and drop albums into the playlist, and they appear on my phone.

Soldato
Got mine today, been on it most of the day. I love how easy I've adapted to it. Not put it down all day, pretty much constant use and the battery has lasted a day.

That's a lot of FB/MSN use and app downloading and messing about.

All in all I'm very very happy with it. Don't think I could go back to a non smartphone!

Don
Has anyone's Facebook messed up in that when click on it doesn't automatically refresh? I have to manually click on the "Load new posts" to retrieve new info. Hardly the end of the world but would be nice to fix the issue?

Soldato
Has anyone's Facebook messed up in that when click on it doesn't automatically refresh? I have to manually click on the "Load new posts" to retrieve new info. Hardly the end of the world but would be nice to fix the issue?

The Facebook app tends to do whatever it wants. There's no controlling it or anyway to anticipate what it might do next. One day it might refresh for you one day it might not. One day it might push updates to you one day it won't even show updates. Just have to learn to live with it. :)

Soldato
Just getting it activated now:p...god i feel like a little kid with a new toy...looks like my sim cutter tool did the job, screw paying tmobile £10 for a micro sim...phone is now activated and ready to go...just in the process of downloading the update then i shall be getting it set up.

I was the same this morning haha, loved the little sim remover tool :D. Such a quality product. I've actually never owned an Apple product before:o

Caporegime
My god does itunes suck arse or what...so ive managed to synch all my songs over and each and every one of them has the album art ie front cover...anyhow after synching and going through my playlist i find that 10 of the songs on there dont show up with the cover art:confused:...ive checked in itunes and right clicking on the mp3 then looking at info...the pic shows up in there but yet on the iphone it doesnt show up which doesnt make much sense.

Any ideas as to why its not showing up??...the same playlist synched with my ipod touch worked perfectly fine with all the album art showing.

Don
My god does itunes suck arse or what...so ive managed to synch all my songs over and each and every one of them has the album art ie front cover...anyhow after synching and going through my playlist i find that 10 of the songs on there dont show up with the cover art:confused:...ive checked in itunes and right clicking on the mp3 then looking at info...the pic shows up in there but yet on the iphone it doesnt show up which doesnt make much sense.

Any ideas as to why its not showing up??...the same playlist synched with my ipod touch worked perfectly fine with all the album art showing.

Never had that, you could use Mp3tag to definitely make sure the cover art is tied up to the song though.

Back
Top Bottom