*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Never had that, you could use Mp3tag to definitely make sure the cover art is tied up to the song though.

Thats the thing i use mp3tag and according to that the cover art is definitely tied up with the relevant mp3...in fact any mp3s i have are always put through mp3tag.

I wasn't sure what it was at first :p

'A silver clip here? WHY!'

Hehe i couldnt figure out where to put the damn sim in...had to actually look it up on google:o..was going to come and ask here but i thought better save my blushes for another dumb question lol.

Don
I'm going to have to buy a quality case and just sell the free one when it comes or something. I'm super paranoid about damaging it and babying the phone like crazy haha!

I was like this. I originally bought the 4 and got some crappy screen protectors from the o2 shop, cost me £10. I then bought a case from Carphone warehouse, £13, then got the Zagg shield, £15.

THEN, I wrecked the Zagg rear sheild so took it off, I had the case so it didn't matter, I ordered a Bumper though so had to buy another Zagg shield, £15. I'm sorted now though :D £52 spent though!!

Soldato
So what case would anyone recommend that's easy to get hold of. I'm ok for screen protectors for now I've left the ones that came with it on as they seem quite good as a temporary measure.

Don
Is it a particular make? I'm going to HAVE to go into town tommorow and get something I daren't take it out bare haha as sad as it sounds.

Griffin I thiiiiiiink. Silicone wise there aren't many cases to choose from. There is a hard case too that my friend bought, exactly like a bumper but has a clear plastic back, looks very nice and protects very well. That's definitely a Griffin case.

Soldato
Griffin I thiiiiiiink. Silicone wise there aren't many cases to choose from. There is a hard case too that my friend bought, exactly like a bumper but has a clear plastic back, looks very nice and protects very well. That's definitely a Griffin case.

Could that be the griffin reveal?

Looks like it!

19.99 is ok aswell I guess. I can just sell one or the other when the free one comes.

Man of Honour
The Facebook app tends to do whatever it wants. There's no controlling it or anyway to anticipate what it might do next. One day it might refresh for you one day it might not. One day it might push updates to you one day it won't even show updates. Just have to learn to live with it. :)

It's a real b***h! It likes to wait until I've had about 60 notifications and then push them through all at once so my phone spazzes out for a few seconds.

Associate
I got a £4 case from a well-known auction site as a stopgap until the freebie arrives (I went for the reveal etch). It arrived yesterday and it's excellent- two-piece polycarbonate, but with a slightly softer feel than I expected. Nice and snug, covers everything and connectors and buttons are accessible.

Oh, and it was the only one I could find that doesn't have an Apple logo on the back!

Soldato
omg!!!!
just experienced 3 customer service for the 1st time
SHOCKING!!! why why why do they use indian call centres !! i know its money but ffs!! i had to give my postcode 6 times!!

Soldato
im am so so so so angry
just called 3 spoke to an english speaking woman, and she tells me my order has been cancelled !!!!
why i ask, i dont know, then silence !!!!!!
no email not notification, nothing !!!!!!!!!!!
so so mad

Soldato
I got a £4 case from a well-known auction site as a stopgap until the freebie arrives (I went for the reveal etch). It arrived yesterday and it's excellent- two-piece polycarbonate, but with a slightly softer feel than I expected. Nice and snug, covers everything and connectors and buttons are accessible.

Oh, and it was the only one I could find that doesn't have an Apple logo on the back!

Same, I got this one while I wait, similar feel to the back of a Sky controller (If you get me) hard caes so should do the trick, might get another as it arrived today and it's thin so can dock and go in car holder too :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290457287376&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Caporegime
One other thing ive noticed and dont know if anyone else has the same issue, im thinking it might be a build issue but at the top of my iphone near the earphone socket...it seems to curve inwards a bit ie its not sitting flush...seems like someone was over zealous and probably tightened the screws or whatever in there.

Anyone else have that on their iphone...even holding up against a white background it does seem to curve inwards....looks like i was right lol when i said the other day just my luck that the one i get has some sort of defect on it :/

Just spoke to Apple and they have booked me in for an appt at the apple st in regent st on sat morning...should be a barrel of fun fighting with the crowds lol.

Going to get them to have a look at it and see if any of their display iphones have this build issue...even the advisor on the phone said that they would probably replace it if i asked them to.

Sucks that i just got it and already having a few issues with it.

Soldato
After having a nightmare with 3 customer support you still decided to use them? Aren't you worried what the next 24 months will be like?

Soldato
the lady in the shop was super friendly and gave me a info on how to get round india :D

has anyone used the bumpercase application from the app store?
ive just downloaded it and there are about 10 cases as well as the bumper, no mention on price, just select which one
surely these are not all free are they ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom