*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
Just upgraded from 3G 8gb to iPhone4 16gb, should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

I cannot wait to get rid of this laggy p.o.s 3G :D

The difference is astounding, speed, screen, everything- enjoy!

Although saying that, I gave my old 3G to my g/f, so wiped to factory defaults, unlocked via o2 and reactivated for her, and it's as fast as I remember it on launch day. I'd love to know exactly what it is that slows them down, especially on text input (i.e. you're in an app, click on the text input box and it takes 5-10 seconds before you can type). Possibly the custom dictionary?

Associate
Just been to the apple shop in solihull and it seems theres no waiting list there i literally saw a customer asking for a iphone and he got one straight away. so any one who lives in the Birmingham area that whats one on sim free head down there, there was also a couple of customer signing on contracts.

As i had a problem with my phone they booked me in to see some genius tomorrow, they will hopefully figure the problem out. i've only had it less then 48 hours. :(

overall i am enjoying the phone

Caporegime
Just bought ragdolls....what an utterly awesome game it is...just as addictive as angry birds which is superb...also bought jetblast another decent game..similar to brickbreaker but much more fun.

Any other addictive games??...think ive spent almost £10 on apps in the past 48 hrs that i have had my iphone4 for.

Soldato
Just bought ragdolls....what an utterly awesome game it is...just as addictive as angry birds which is superb...also bought jetblast another decent game..similar to brickbreaker but much more fun.

Any other addictive games??...think ive spent almost £10 on apps in the past 48 hrs that i have had my iphone4 for.

lol ragdoll blaster 2 is awesome. I have almost cleared it, I think 3 levels left right near the end, gets pretty damn tough!

doodle jump - quite good, a very simply game, quite addictive especially trying to beat friends and family members high scores!

jailbreaker - I prefer this over doodle jump, very very simple addictive game, you just jump and slide, thats it, again if you are competitive like me you will want the highest score from everyone you know. :D

gun range - decent game to test out the gyroscope in the iphone 4

stick golf - very simple addictive golf game!

physics - great puzzle game!

blue block - another good puzzle game with thousands of levels!

Theses are all the free or very cheap (59p) games that I highly recommend. :)

Caporegime
lol ragdoll blaster 2 is awesome. I have almost cleared it, I think 3 levels left right near the end, gets pretty damn tough!

doodle jump - quite good, a very simply game, quite addictive especially trying to beat friends and family members high scores!

jailbreaker - I prefer this over doodle jump, very very simple addictive game, you just jump and slide, thats it, again if you are competitive like me you will want the highest score from everyone you know. :D

gun range - decent game to test out the gyroscope in the iphone 4

stick golf - very simple addictive golf game!

physics - great puzzle game!

blue block - another good puzzle game with thousands of levels!

Theses are all the free or very cheap (59p) games that I highly recommend. :)

Cheers mate, ill have a look at few of them.

Soldato
Guys, in itunes at the bottom it gives an indication of how much space you have used... I have about 7Gb of apps, and about 11Gb of 'other'.

Breakdown:

Audio - 300mb
Video - 5gb
Photo - 20mb
Apps - 7gb
Books - 30mb
Other - 11gb
Free - 6gb

What the hell is other???

Soldato

Paper Toss
Flight Control
Doodle Jump
Fling
Unblock Me
Physics
Fruit Ninja
Flick Football

Man of Honour
Well if you unlimited texts on your tariff i dont see why you would need to do that...if you havent then i havent seen anything like that myself.

I think he means he writes long texts and would find them easier to write on the computer, nothing to do with unlimited texts in that regard :p

Soldato
Guys, in itunes at the bottom it gives an indication of how much space you have used... I have about 7Gb of apps, and about 11Gb of 'other'.

Breakdown:

Audio - 300mb
Video - 5gb
Photo - 20mb
Apps - 7gb
Books - 30mb
Other - 11gb
Free - 6gb

What the hell is other???

After checking online it seems the only way to get rid of this 'other' folder is by restoring. So, I have backed up everything (I hope) and done restore in itunes, only to be met by 'Emergency Call' when the iphone was restored and restarted.

Now whats happened? This is another reason why I absolutely hate itunes and have never previously purchased any apple product. It just says emergency call and has a keypad there? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom