*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Man of Honour

I thought so, unfortunately I'm not sure if there is a program that allows this :(

There was one for Android but it was buggy and couldn't send long messages properly or something.

I would guess that due to the nature of iPhone it would need to be done officially via iTunes, and as far as I am aware there isn't such a feature within iTunes.

Associate
Ah well, that is one feature I am going to miss after moving from my Omnia HD - but one of the only things, the iPhone 4 trumps it in pretty much every other regard, so long symbian!

Found a program called iPhone PC Suite which claims it can do it, haven't tried it yet - it doesn't mention iPhone 4 and was last updated late last year, so i'm not hopeful either way

Thanks though

Caporegime
I think he means he writes long texts and would find them easier to write on the computer, nothing to do with unlimited texts in that regard :p

Ahh sorry my bad:o

Not that ive typed out any texts on my iphone...hell i havent even made one call nor received any as i wont be using it for that...but typing ion the keyboard is pretty good...mind you i use whatsapp to keep in touch with my iphag friends:p but i find it pretty easy to type out long-ish messages.

Soldato
Ahh sorry my bad:o

Not that ive typed out any texts on my iphone...hell i havent even made one call nor received any as i wont be using it for that...but typing ion the keyboard is pretty good...mind you i use whatsapp to keep in touch with my iphag friends:p but i find it pretty easy to type out long-ish messages.

Are you just using the iPhone to play games? Would it not make more sense to get an iPod Touch? Or are you using the internet over 3G on the move as well?

Caporegime
Are you just using the iPhone to play games? Would it not make more sense to get an iPod Touch? Or are you using the internet over 3G on the move as well?

I have an ipod touch but am giving that to my niece plus its old, got it when they first released the ipod touch 1st gen so wouldnt be any good to me other than listening to my mp3s...but yes i will be using it for internet over 3G as well as multimedia ie camera, videos etc etc...at least with the iphone i dont have to worry about waiting to get home to connect to my wifi to download apps whereas with the ipod touch thats the only way you can download apps...plus i can still stay in touch with my friends via whatsapp messenger, the very few who have iphones without having to text them or email them from my Blackberry.

Associate
well ive just got another contract and now have a iphone4
currently have a 3gs
and im sending it back!
yeah the screens good, camera and video but not all that great not worth having another contract for lol

Soldato
My iphone 4 is completely bricked, taking it back to the apple store in the next few mins. Tried restoring last night with problem after problem, and now it won't even turn on, just stays on the apple logo. They will know its JB I am sure, let's see how far I get with a replacement though...

Associate
My iphone 4 is completely bricked, taking it back to the apple store in the next few mins. Tried restoring last night with problem after problem, and now it won't even turn on, just stays on the apple logo. They will know its JB I am sure, let's see how far I get with a replacement though...

Try DFU mode first....

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

I had my old 3G do that after resetting settings from the phone. The Apple logo came up with the whirly "waiting" sign in front of it, then crashed. A DFU restore sorted it.

I definitely wouldn't take it into a store jailbroken!

Soldato
Try DFU mode first....

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

I had my old 3G do that after resetting settings from the phone. The Apple logo came up with the whirly "waiting" sign in front of it, then crashed. A DFU restore sorted it.

I definitely wouldn't take it into a store jailbroken!

I had to do this last night a few times because it kept saying emergency calls only, it worked anyway. Just done it again now and its worked, its restoring again, so wiping everything off yet again.

This is what happened. When I JB it after originally restoring, safari crashed, therefore I didn't know whether it was actually JB or not. When I went back to the JB site it said something like device already appears to be JB attemping to do it again may cause damage so I didn't bother trying again! Anyway in cydia, nothing would load properly, nor could I install 'installous' and it was obvious the JB wasn't done properly, some files were corrupted. Restored again. Went to JB again and it said 'it appears safari crashed the last time you tried to JB' so I JB again and this time cydia seemed ok, I could install files eg installous etc. When I installed it though, no icon appeared on desktop so I restarted and that was it, since then it would not come back on at all.

Looks like the JB is causing me problems if anything...

Associate
Looks like the JB is causing me problems if anything...

Could very well be. I had a cycle of restores and resets last night, firstly the voicemail needed setting up every time I went in, so i fixed that, only to have the lock screen password timeout die (could only be set to "immediately"). Had to restore a blank IOS and set the phone up again from scatch. Both these bugs are present on non-j/b phones though.

Luckily I've only had the phone a week so I didn't lose much apart from a few game saves, and on the iPhone4 the restore is pretty quick.

This time I set up all my settings, made sure voicemail and the lockscreen were working, did a backup, then synced all my media, backed up again, and only then jailbroke and put my essentials on (lockscreen, sbsettings, wififofum).

Man of Honour
I'm not sure if its been mentioned as of yet, but the new iOS firmware has an 'unremovable' watermark so Apple technicians can see if you've Jailbroken your phone.

If you have, they will tell you to get stuffed and not help you so your warranty is void.

I know we don't have the new iOS firmware yet but I would imagine most of you will want it, so get rid of your JB before you set it up etc.

I'd say its not really a risk worth taking for the time being.

Associate
Those of you that are on three or T-mobile are you experiencing any difficulties in trying to install apps ? I just come back from apple where i been having the problem of opening apps to install them, they just come up with a white page full of code. the apple staff said that is being happening to a lot of three customers and T-mobile. the funny thing is when connected to wi-fi it will work perfect but once off wi-fi the problem does exist.

Apple said its nothing to do with them and told me to talk to three. I phoned them up and they are aware of the problem and trying to get a fix for it.

Is any one else getting this problem ? now i understand why people dont use three

Soldato
I'm not sure if its been mentioned as of yet, but the new iOS firmware has an 'unremovable' watermark so Apple technicians can see if you've Jailbroken your phone.

If you have, they will tell you to get stuffed and not help you so your warranty is void.

I know we don't have the new iOS firmware yet but I would imagine most of you will want it, so get rid of your JB before you set it up etc.

Is this a new one that is due out shortly or something ?

Soldato

There is a lot of scepticism about the truth of this.

Caporegime
Those of you that are on three or T-mobile are you experiencing any difficulties in trying to install apps ? I just come back from apple where i been having the problem of opening apps to install them, they just come up with a white page full of code. the apple staff said that is being happening to a lot of three customers and T-mobile. the funny thing is when connected to wi-fi it will work perfect but once off wi-fi the problem does exist.

Apple said its nothing to do with them and told me to talk to three. I phoned them up and they are aware of the problem and trying to get a fix for it.

Is any one else getting this problem ? now i understand why people dont use three

No such problem for me as im on tmobile...sometimes my iphone will show 4 bars of 3G reception but i cant connect to the app store but that only happens when im at work ie Canary wharf where im surrounded by tall buildings but at home its perfect.

Back
Top Bottom