*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
I'm not sure if its been mentioned as of yet, but the new iOS firmware has an 'unremovable' watermark so Apple technicians can see if you've Jailbroken your phone.

If you have, they will tell you to get stuffed and not help you so your warranty is void.

I know we don't have the new iOS firmware yet but I would imagine most of you will want it, so get rid of your JB before you set it up etc.

I'd say its not really a risk worth taking for the time being.

Yeh i heard about this so will wait a bit to see if its true or not and whether the jailbreakers can find a way to disable the watermark or bypass it.

Man of Honour
Is this a new one that is due out shortly or something ?

Yeah, there will be a new firmware update fairly soon I would think. They have sped up the beta test process which is usually what they do near a release.

There is a lot of scepticism about the truth of this.

To be honest, given how Apple love locking their phones down, I can say it would be a near on 100% certainty.

Yeh i heard about this so will wait a bit to see if its true or not and whether the jailbreakers can find a way to disable the watermark or bypass it.

Exactly, if in the unlikely event it is not true, it doesn't cost you anything to wait.

Man of Honour
The 'watermark' thing was debunked later the same day.

Would it really surprise you if they added something like this in and it wasn't found, or did so at a later date?

I'm sure they will do something like this. It's Apple after all.

Caporegime
Would it really surprise you if they added something like this in and it wasn't found, or did so at a later date?

I'm sure they will do something like this. It's Apple after all.

Indeed until i see some actual proof that this watermark doesnt exist...ill hold off.

BTW your sig makes my eyes ache..cant quite make out what the hell it say:p:D...damn you and your funny fonts:p

Soldato
Quick question, scanned last few pages but couldn't see anyone saying.

I lost my release day iPhone :)() and the insurance people have finally decided to pay out after having to appeal their decision (long story..)

I have the cheque in the post to me to buy one direct from Apple which is fine but its still showing as a 3 week wait. Is it a proper 3 week wait or are they just covering themselves for any delays in delivery? Did people get them delivered any quicker than that recently?

Unfortunately the nearest Apple store to me is London which will be a pain to get to..

Man of Honour

I lost my release day iPhone :)() and the insurance people have finally decided to pay out after having to appeal their decision (long story..)

I have the cheque in the post to me to buy one direct from Apple which is fine but its still showing as a 3 week wait. Is it a proper 3 week wait or are they just covering themselves for any delays in delivery? Did people get them delivered any quicker than that recently?

Unfortunately the nearest Apple store to me is London which will be a pain to get to..

People have had them delivered recently who ordered from Apple around release day online (Spawn was one I believe).

I would imagine there are still stock issues so you'll probably be waiting at least 2 weeks. The shipping estimates are quite pessimistic so they cover themselves.

Associate
People have had them delivered recently who ordered from Apple around release day online (Spawn was one I believe).

I would imagine there are still stock issues so you'll probably be waiting at least 2 weeks. The shipping estimates are quite pessimistic so they cover themselves.

I ordered mind on the 27th July and not expected till the 20th August. No sign of it shipping early so far..

Caporegime
Cheers for the replies guys, didn't realise it was stil that bad!

Think I will be making a trip up to London once the cheque has cleared..

Yeh i ordered mine on the 3rd of july and didnt get it till 3rd of august so almost a month...it shipped on the 24th of july as it said it would but it took them nearly a week to deliver it to me so yes its quite bad...whether or not its true is another question altogether.

Good luck trying to get stock from the apple st as they are more or less sold out ie the london stores although the new covent garden apple st is supposed to have the largest stockpile of apple hardware in the world so you might get one from them but before going id ring and make sure they have them in stock

Soldato
I got mine from ebay cost me £8 over the retail price of a 16 gig so not too bad factory unlocked also, you can get some good prices on there if you keep eyes peeled.

Soldato
Those of you that are on three or T-mobile are you experiencing any difficulties in trying to install apps ? I just come back from apple where i been having the problem of opening apps to install them, they just come up with a white page full of code. the apple staff said that is being happening to a lot of three customers and T-mobile. the funny thing is when connected to wi-fi it will work perfect but once off wi-fi the problem does exist.

Apple said its nothing to do with them and told me to talk to three. I phoned them up and they are aware of the problem and trying to get a fix for it.

Is any one else getting this problem ? now i understand why people dont use three

Yes I'm getting this and I'm on 3
Only on certain apps tho

Associate
Yes I'm getting this and I'm on 3
Only on certain apps tho

They say its mostly effecting customers on three, the women from three said there was quite a lot of customers complaining about the problem and they were fully aware of the problem. I then said to her that if the problem isn't fixed i was gonna cancel the contract, which is replied that the problem would be 100% fixed.

I just hope so but its not a good start from three. :(

Soldato
Yeh i ordered mine on the 3rd of july and didnt get it till 3rd of august so almost a month...it shipped on the 24th of july as it said it would but it took them nearly a week to deliver it to me so yes its quite bad...whether or not its true is another question altogether.

Good luck trying to get stock from the apple st as they are more or less sold out ie the london stores although the new covent garden apple st is supposed to have the largest stockpile of apple hardware in the world so you might get one from them but before going id ring and make sure they have them in stock

Cheers Spawn, thought the stores were mostly sorted now :(

Can't wait to get my hands on my iphone again, so annoying after losing it on a night out then the hassle with the insurance people not accepting my claim - now the extra hassle of trying to get one.

Got really lucky on release day too, queued up 10 mins before Vodafone opened, walked in and 20 mins later out with one!

To make matters worse i'm using a Nokia 2610 as a loaner phone from a work mate..

Soldato

If you can afford it go to coven garden tomorrow when it opens they have stock.

Soldato
It only seems to be new release apps
I'm going to 3 tomorro see what they say, if it's not fixed by Tuesday 3 can have 2 fingers
Keep me updated if u find anything out

Back
Top Bottom