*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Man of Honour
ended up getting the messages at 3in the morning... waking up to a new phone is good :D

So whats the best apps i should try?

I haven't even got around to playing with many apps yet :p

I got iMovie last night, which I is 'ok' but I need to fiddle with it more.

Going to buy some games and such later!

Associate
need my iphone 4 replacing had it since release day, got a click on the back and a piece of dust under the screen.

Does anyone know if the Bullring has replacement iphone 4's... in fact any apple store? I've booked an appointment for sunday online but after a 30 min phone call couldn't get through to get more info.

Anything is appreciated!

Soldato
is it wrong for me to take my 2nd IP4 back within 3days ?
this one had a very very loose / noisy sleep/wake button

what ya reckon ??

Associate
I'm getting an unlocked one, does anyone know if Orange would send me a microsim free of charge? I am on a contract, but its not an iPhone contract, also i need to get rid of BIS internet, which i had for my blackberry, does anyone know the cost of internet for the iPhone on Orange? Thanks

Soldato
Not sure about Orange but i went into T-Mobile shop and they did it there took all of 2 mins but did cost me £10 but I claimed it back on me account.

Associate
need my iphone 4 replacing had it since release day, got a click on the back and a piece of dust under the screen.

Does anyone know if the Bullring has replacement iphone 4's... in fact any apple store? I've booked an appointment for sunday online but after a 30 min phone call couldn't get through to get more info.

Anything is appreciated!
They do. I have an appointment in the morning, girl on the phone told me they have stock when I enquirered about replacement for my 32gb version.

I'm taking mine in as the internal speaker quality is, well rubbish. It has to be faulty IMO.

Associate
...oh and yes they seem awful at answering the phone. It took me a total of 80 minutes over 2-3 calls this week trying to get through. Something I'll be complaining about tomorrow.

Associate
It only seems to be new release apps
I'm going to 3 tomorro see what they say, if it's not fixed by Tuesday 3 can have 2 fingers
Keep me updated if u find anything out

Looks like they sorted the app problem out
Thank god

Edit: I was wrong they have sorted about 95% still I get the white code for some apps

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've installed the GTA: Chinatown Wars demo to see if its worth a fiver or not, if its like the DS version then it probably damn well is!

Anyone got any more good game suggestions? Metal Gear Solid looked interesting :p

Nice to have a big selection of games, something Android is lacking badly for the time being.

Soldato
What cost you £10? For the micro-sim? Are you on an iPhone specific contract, or just a general contract? And also what do you mean by claimed it back?

There are videos on YouTube showing how you can cut a standard sim down to make a micro sim check them out.

I am still on my old contract which was from my android phone a desire which I got 3 gig of allowance.

I phoned T-Mobile and the lady I spike to told me I could claim the money back on my account for the sim they would credit it.

Soldato
Nice to have a big selection of games, something Android is lacking badly for the time being.

My last lot of phones have all been android started with a Hero this time last year and up to now had... Milestone, Desire and a Galaxy S all been nice phones but always lacking something.

Sold them over the time to try the next but since selling the galaxy s to get this I won't be selling this, so much choice of apps and for me personally this a better phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think im taking my IP4 on 3 back and going to O2
im just not happy that the app store is not 100% working via the phone

Associate
my phones had 3g connection and o2 but the bars have been lines for the last 12 hours. These are normally full at home. I've had a bumper on all the time, just restarted it, now its full?

Associate
I've installed the GTA: Chinatown Wars demo to see if its worth a fiver or not, if its like the DS version then it probably damn well is!

Anyone got any more good game suggestions? Metal Gear Solid looked interesting :p

GTA on iPhone is great, and a bargain compared to the other systems (it's like the DS version but with PSP graphics I think).

Check out Real Racing too, v good driving game and I think it has a "lite" version (GTi or something it's called).

Beyond that probably best to check the "best iphone apps" thread over in Apple Software, there's loads of little 59p games which are good fun :)

Associate
I have a love hate relationship with the phone at the moment, I love everything about it but I hate the problems (signal and proximity sensor). I can now here the rattle, 3G seems worse, was brilliant with my 1st 3G. I get better streaming tv over 3g (when it good signal) than I do over wireless.

Am I the only one that would prefer the phone without multitasking?

Soldato
took phone back to 3 got refund and went with O2
i was first in the 3 store and they knew nothing about the app store issue
by the time i left 4 people were doing the exact same thing as me
its going to be a busy day for the 3 store today

Soldato
took phone back to 3 got refund and went with O2
i was first in the 3 store and they knew nothing about the app store issue
by the time i left 4 people were doing the exact same thing as me
its going to be a busy day for the 3 store today

Seems to be working fine here, what apps are not working on your phone?

EDIT: found a few, I see what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom