*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
not good hey
was funny in the shop, i felt like i was educating them, they were all crowded round me as i shown them, then 1 by 1 IP4 customers come in
the guy at 3support last night said its in hand they are working on a fix, but i thought surely this issue should have been picked up in the early days of 3 and IP4, given that the support team take forever to get to grips with what im try to say, i had to leave while i could, as im not prepared to use a service like that for 24 months
cracking deal at O2, business account, 24 month contrct, upgrade every 12 months.

Man of Honour
GTA on iPhone is great, and a bargain compared to the other systems (it's like the DS version but with PSP graphics I think).

Check out Real Racing too, v good driving game and I think it has a "lite" version (GTi or something it's called).

Beyond that probably best to check the "best iphone apps" thread over in Apple Software, there's loads of little 59p games which are good fun :)

Cheers, I'll have a look.

Associate
not good hey
was funny in the shop, i felt like i was educating them, they were all crowded round me as i shown them, then 1 by 1 IP4 customers come in
the guy at 3support last night said its in hand they are working on a fix, but i thought surely this issue should have been picked up in the early days of 3 and IP4, given that the support team take forever to get to grips with what im try to say, i had to leave while i could, as im not prepared to use a service like that for 24 months
cracking deal at O2, business account, 24 month contrct, upgrade every 12 months.

I checked the app situation this morning and it looks to gone worst i tempted to get rid and cancel. I think you may have done the right thing and given it back. Its funny how no one know in the three shops, the guy at my local one didnt looks he was bother and told me to ring tech support the other day.

The only reason why i havent gone screaming back is because i get decent signal around where i live then O2. But those O2 business tariffs look decent.

Associate
Hi guys,

No point making a new thread as it's only a quick q.. soo

Got my 4 about a month ago now and i've still got my 3G (8gb scratched, chunk of plastic missing above the mute button)... do the OCUK forumitees think it's worth the bother of putting it on the bay or just leaving it and getting £140 from Orange's recycling program?

Soldato
I'd stick it on the bay m8. After receiving my iPhone 4 a week or so ago, I've just flogged my excellent condition 2G First Gen 8Gb iPhone on there for £140. I reckon a 3G even with a wee bit of damage like you mention should realise more than £140?.

Soldato
what screen protectors are people using? I want one for front and back.

Some seem cheap, some seem rather expensive... I know you get what you pay for but there is a wide range of prices out there.

Anyone got a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD? Is that worth the cost? (front back and even sides protected.

Associate

Some seem cheap, some seem rather expensive... I know you get what you pay for but there is a wide range of prices out there.

Anyone got a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD? Is that worth the cost? (front back and even sides protected.

A friend has the SGP oleophobic front screen shield and it looks excellent, like your looking at the glass itself.

He had the zagg previously and still does on the back and the orange peel effect is in full force, it looks horrible.

Associate

I have one and I think it's rather excellent. The orange peel isn't nearly as bad as the pictures and people make out. I bought the separate sides and front and back. The sides don't help with the antenna problem though, like they claim.

Soldato
by chance my sister in law is comming over from south koera on thursday
im going to ask her to get a load of these SGP sheilds

Associate
I just rang three to enquire about cancelling the contract as i cant install apps , now the guy on the phone told me i cant cancel as i have used the phone to browse the net and make phone calls and thats what stated in the contract fair enough.

but as they haven't sorted the app situation out am i entitled to cancel the contract.

Soldato
I just rang three to enquire about cancelling the contract as i cant install apps , now the guy on the phone told me i cant cancel as i have used the phone to browse the net and make phone calls and thats what stated in the contract fair enough.

but as they haven't sorted the app situation out am i entitled to cancel the contract.

thats ******** mate
you have a 14 day cooling off period, you are alowed within 14 days to return the phone and cancel your contract. I did it after 3 days.
If you have used a lot of mins and data you can be charded for it, but you CAN cancel and return it within 14 days.
Do you have a 3 store in your town ? take it there
if not, call again and tell them again, dont let them fob you off !
This is the exact reason i took it back, 3 should have had this fixed from day 1, and when i spoke to them on friday night when i discovered the issue, the guy in support didnt fill me with hope in getting it fixed anytime soon, hence bye bye 3 hello O2

Associate
thats ******** mate
you have a 14 day cooling off period, you are alowed within 14 days to return the phone and cancel your contract. I did it after 3 days.
If you have used a lot of mins and data you can be charded for it, but you CAN cancel and return it within 14 days.
Do you have a 3 store in your town ? take it there
if not, call again and tell them again, dont let them fob you off !
This is the exact reason i took it back, 3 should have had this fixed from day 1, and when i spoke to them on friday night when i discovered the issue, the guy in support didnt fill me with hope in getting it fixed anytime soon, hence bye bye 3 hello O2

yeh i was told by the guy that when you buy the contract online it states u cannot cancel if you make namy calls or used data. i find this hard to believe

also did you use the phone to make calls and texts before you cancelled the contract ?

Back
Top Bottom