*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
you must be joking !
this is a thing that 3 should have a fix for right away.
and the fact that they told me they dont know how long the fix will take but expect a 10 day wait at least, thats enough for me the leave

Associate
I went to the three store and i had no luck there, they gave me an address to write a complaint. Man this is so stressful I rang some consumer product helpline and they say that I haven't got the right to cancel the contract. After an hour on the phone to three and speaking to about 4 different people all they told me is wait till they fix the problem and they gave me £10 off this months bill

Caporegime
yeah i know, that why i said it was a 3 issue and not any other carrier, and that other 3 users on here have this issue.
goodness knows what is causing it, just glad im no longer with 3
Sounds like they are trying to do something clever with 3G and the App Store - more likely to attempt to reduce the bandwidth the App Store usually can suck on 3G...

Wouldnt be surprised if it was some form of traffic shaping or something (or maybe an proxy for apps) - pie in the sky guessing from me...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I went to the three store and i had no luck there, they gave me an address to write a complaint. Man this is so stressful I rang some consumer product helpline and they say that I haven't got the right to cancel the contract. After an hour on the phone to three and speaking to about 4 different people all they told me is wait till they fix the problem and they gave me £10 off this months bill

no way !
u can cancel, within 14days you can return the phone and cancel, im living proof
have u hammered it with phone calls and data ?
what exactly did the shop say ?

Man of Honour
Indeed, saying you've used the phone simply wouldn't fly because you wouldn't have experienced the problem without using it.

Just go down the not working as described route.

Soldato
Just go down the not working as described route.

he shouldnt even have to do that, go down the 3 are a load of **** , now refund me and end my contract coz im within the 14days route
i actually gave 3 reasons when i took mine back on saturday

app store issue
can speak with customer services due to language breakdown
dropping service

no questions asked full refund, and that was the 2nd IP4 from 3 i had within 2 days !!, 1st was faulty

Last edited:
Associate
when i went to the store they did exactly what i did, they phone customers sales team and as i brought the handset online i can only return it over the phone, if theres a fault they will only exchange the headset the contract will continue

Associate
iphone 3G/16 owner here.

Not sure if this info has been posted before, but here goes, FWIW.

Had a marketing call from O2 today. I had registered my interest in the iphone 4 and the early termination offer, but could never get sufficiently excited to want to queue to try and get hold of one.

Anyway they have offered me the same early termination deal as before, £20 a month and the same prices as per the web site, but they are quoting 21 days delivery for the phone. If I go for the deal (I have until Friday to think about it) they want the termination money up front, (bit of a cheeek when they haven't actually got a handset), then the charge for the handset will be charged to my account with the next months payment.

So it's decision time! What is my unlocked 3G worth now? Hmmmmmm!

Soldato
iphone 3G/16 owner here.

Not sure if this info has been posted before, but here goes, FWIW.

Had a marketing call from O2 today. I had registered my interest in the iphone 4 and the early termination offer, but could never get sufficiently excited to want to queue to try and get hold of one.

Anyway they have offered me the same early termination deal as before, £20 a month and the same prices as per the web site, but they are quoting 21 days delivery for the phone. If I go for the deal (I have until Friday to think about it) they want the termination money up front, (bit of a cheeek when they haven't actually got a handset), then the charge for the handset will be charged to my account with the next months payment.

So it's decision time! What is my unlocked 3G worth now? Hmmmmmm!

3g is worth £180-£220 on fleabay right now, still need to get round to selling mine

Man of Honour
he shouldnt even have to do that, go down the 3 are a load of **** , now refund me and end my contract coz im within the 14days route
i actually gave 3 reasons when i took mine back on saturday

app store issue
can speak with customer services due to language breakdown
dropping service

no questions asked full refund, and that was the 2nd IP4 from 3 i had within 2 days !!, 1st was faulty

Well, take Orange for example. They do not offer a 14 or even 7 days contract returns policy.

3 may not do either and you may have been somewhat lucky.

He should be able to get it sorted out though :)

Associate
Well, take Orange for example. They do not offer a 14 or even 7 days contract returns policy.

3 may not do either and you may have been somewhat lucky.

He should be able to get it sorted out though :)

What's really hacking me off is they have no time frame of when the problem will be fixed, I know 4 a fact more customers are in the same position as me, also if three know the problem exist why are they not telling customers before hand

Permabanned
if you bought it online or over the phone you have the 7 days under the distance selling regulations, they cant ignore that as its the law!

Back
Top Bottom