*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Got an email to say that my griffin reveal etch shipped last night. Anyone else got shipment confirmations for the other free cases?

I had totally forgot I even ordered a free case. :p

Got an email yesterday saying it had shipped. It's a "Bumper, black, ZML" whatever that is, can't even recall what one I picked when I downloaded and ran the Case app. :p

Caporegime
Got my Incase Black the other day and I have to say it's terrible value for money as it's so flimsy! But free it's not so bad, just concerned about the level of protection if dropped, but am giving them the benefit of the doubt in terms of research etc :D

Soldato
Give Atomic Web Browser a go too ( there's a "Lite" free version on the appstore but the full version is only 0.59p ).

Excellent browser, by far and away the best on the iPhone yet IMO.

Tried it also it is better but still does it just surprised a £500 phone does this when the Android phones don't, another thing i have noticed the browser doesn't adjust the text for you.

On Android when you zoom in it adjusts the text so you can see it in the screen without scrolling left to right for example to red the text, seems they have left the web-browser as it was on the original Iphoe and not made any real improvements over it.

Soldato
Anyone help me with this, got a new iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 yesterday. Jailbroke it straight away, but now every time I go into the phone app after closing it or a reboot it forgets the previosuly setup vvm password and makes me go through the process of setting it up again.

I figured it was because I jailbroke before I setup the vvm, but I can't restore to a fresh 4.0.1 as it gives me a 3149 error in itunes.

Any ideas?

Associate
Tried it also it is better but still does it just surprised a £500 phone does this when the Android phones don't, another thing i have noticed the browser doesn't adjust the text for you.

On Android when you zoom in it adjusts the text so you can see it in the screen without scrolling left to right for example to red the text, seems they have left the web-browser as it was on the original Iphoe and not made any real improvements over it.

Double tap on the text and it auto-zooms to fit the text to the screen :)

I have noticed that some things don't display/work properly in safari, but it's quite rare so not much of a problem...

Soldato
Anyone help me with this, got a new iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 yesterday. Jailbroke it straight away, but now every time I go into the phone app after closing it or a reboot it forgets the previosuly setup vvm password and makes me go through the process of setting it up again.

I figured it was because I jailbroke before I setup the vvm, but I can't restore to a fresh 4.0.1 as it gives me a 3149 error in itunes.

Any ideas?

TRY THIS WORKED FOR ME !

• Phone O2 voicemail setup on 1750 and wait till you're told your O2 messaging service has been switched on (this step may not be essential)
  • Then phone O2 voicemail itself on 901 and press "*", then "4" for manage your mailbox settings, "4" again for change your security settings, set a new pin (even if it's the same one you had before), confirm the pin, then in the same menu press "2" to enable the pin (meaning you'll now need to enter it in future to access 901)
  • Now on your iphone4 go into "Settings", then "General", then "Reset", choose "Reset all settings" (this will lose your pin, passwords, wifi, background...) but it will retain all apps in order, photos, text messages etc. NOTE: Tried just "Reset Network Settings" first, but this didn't help.
  • Once the phone restarts after the reset, setup any necessary pins or passwords again and check your voicemail tab in the phone app (for me it went straight in, no more annoying setup screen!)
  • Now just tidy up your phone settings to how you like them and redo wifi passwords etc..... You can also go back into 901 and change the pin and turn pin access for 901 off again if you like. NOTE: May take a while for it to detect any voicemails you leave yourself to test it.

Soldato
Double tap on the text and it auto-zooms to fit the text to the screen :)

I have noticed that some things don't display/work properly in safari, but it's quite rare so not much of a problem...

Doesn't do it like android when you pinch to zoom in for example you still have to scroll on this where as android fits it zoom in or out no matter.

This phone has a poor web browser on really it's not changed from the 2g iPhone.

Permabanned
i got the iphone 4, had the iphone 3 before. theres a lot of problems with these 4's. i had mine 2 weeks and changed back to the 3. much happier with the older one.

Caporegime
Doesn't do it like android when you pinch to zoom in for example you still have to scroll on this where as android fits it zoom in or out no matter.

This phone has a poor web browser on really it's not changed from the 2g iPhone.
See thats weird - Im the opposite - I hate pinching and zooming (think I get anal about exactly how much it should be zoomed), double click to auto-fit just seems quicker for me - though I know theres no appreciable difference, its just seems far more natural thing...

Would be cool if it did rearrange paragraphs, but Im quite happy to let it attempt to show it as per the sites design...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
My GF got her inCase snap case through and i personally find it fits and looks better than the Official Apple bumper. More streamline fitting, and unlike he bumper it doesn't affect the headphone socket

Man of Honour

Agreed, the Android one is way better.

Don
Does anyone like me constantly have to reboot their 4 in order to be able search the web, refresh facebook use certain online apps? I'm having to do it most days now and it's really annoying. My 3GS would go weeks without a reboot but with the 4 it's like the phone loses signl even though it has full bars.

Soldato
See thats weird - Im the opposite - I hate pinching and zooming (think I get anal about exactly how much it should be zoomed), double click to auto-fit just seems quicker for me - though I know theres no appreciable difference, its just seems far more natural thing...

Would be cool if it did rearrange paragraphs, but Im quite happy to let it attempt to show it as per the sites design...

ps3ud0 :cool:

You can double tap on the Android the same but if you want to go in close it doesn't refit the text to fit the screen just a bit of a let down i guess something i was used to on Android that made reading the web much better.

To Andybtsn no i don't have to do this at all to search the web, i don't use facebook on the phone so can't say on that one. Not come across the so called losing signal or dropped calls so far.

Soldato
My free bumper arrived this morning. Fitted it and kinda like it. Doesn't really add any additional bulk or weight to the phone and it certainly protects the edges better. I'll use it for a few days and see if I still feel the same at a later date. Be interesting to see if it does anything as far as reception goes. I have only had one dropped call so far but I think that was to do with the area I was in at the time rather than the vulcan death grip. :p

Back
Top Bottom