********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Associate
Maybe a stupid question, but I'm about to take the plunge and get an iphone. If I buy an iphone from 3 network the phone would obviously have a warranty, but does this mean any problems will have to be sorted out through 3, or could I take it in to an apple store. I'm assuming the latter?

Man of Honour
Maybe a stupid question, but I'm about to take the plunge and get an iphone. If I buy an iphone from 3 network the phone would obviously have a warranty, but does this mean any problems will have to be sorted out through 3, or could I take it in to an apple store. I'm assuming the latter?

Yes, you can always go straight into an Apple store, it doesn't matter where it came from (only that it's under warranty).

Soldato
Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to their Wi-Fi recently?

Over the past week I keep losing my Wi-Fi signal after a few minutes and am having to constantly turn it off and back on again.

It's starting to become a real pain as I can hardly browse or do anything with the phone as the signal keeps cutting out!

Soldato
Guys, how many of your iphones go red hot after a few hours?

Mine is really hot at the back, is it worth taking to an apple store or is it normal?

Soldato
Few hours of what? Intensive 3G/Personal hotspot or gaming will make it quite warm.

Doing nothing/idle is wrong (and probably has an app that has hung in the background and is killing the CPU thus the heat)

Soldato
Few hours of what? Intensive 3G/Personal hotspot or gaming will make it quite warm.

Doing nothing/idle is wrong (and probably has an app that has hung in the background and is killing the CPU thus the heat)

I was playing zombie takeover for about 30minutes and then Facebook, safari and messaging quite a lot but I wouldn't of thought that would cause it to get as hot as it does.

I don't leave any apps open, soon as I'm finished doing what I need to do I close them down.

I suppose it's normal for it to get hot while charging aswell?

Soldato
Guys, how many of your iphones go red hot after a few hours?

Mine is really hot at the back, is it worth taking to an apple store or is it normal?

smartphones get hot , just like a pc or laptop gets hot.

the iphone will show a warning triangle when it gets too hot and only then should you bother taking it to the store. they will then do a diagnostics check to see how many times that warning has appeared and then swap your phone for a new one

its needs to get VERY hot for that triangle though

Permabanned
So Samuel L Jackson is in a new apple ad using siri, It would be so much better if he was the voice of Siri:
You: What is the weather like today Siri ?
Siri: Say what again. Say what again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, you mother ******

Back
Top Bottom