• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
No such issue here, but I didn't go past 17.2's
I thought you had the rainbow colour stuff and then rolled back?
Maybe not...

Either way, I've DDUd and did a fresh Windows install at the weekend so it seems unlikely it's something on my end. If I go to 17.2.1 I lose the corruption but the stuttering is still there. A lot of people seem to have the stuttering if you Google the Division 1.6 dx12 stuttering

Associate
I am noticing that the frame rate target control is stopping my games from running. These games are bf1, bf4 and black ops 3.

Any idea why this has started to happen?

Had this happen to me on 17.4.3 on a rx 580. Disabling FRTC allows the games to run normally.
It also happens on GTAV.

Soldato
I'm still enjoying playing/replaying my backlog of older games, so still enjoying a fair amount of crossfire-loveliness, but definitely looking to go for a single GPU next time so I can move onto some of the current games (at reduced prices because they'll have been out for a while) without any kind of performance hit. Shame there's nothing AMD or Nvidia can do about it as it's the developers putting in techniques that break multi-GPU compatibility, so with DX12 putting multi-GPU completely in the hands of the game developers I can only see it continuing its downward trend sadly. :(

I always think a single GPU looks so lonely inside an ATX case without a companion next to it. :D

Soldato
Been trying to stream PUBG with different software OBS, Action and Relive, After say AMDs streaming software runs the game the smoothest on playback..

OBS and Action no matter the settings have a strange hitching when the player is running around it really is annoying!! Relive however I forgot about this is my first time testing AMDs version of streaming and I after say am very surprised at the quality and just how smooth the outputted file turned out.

Soldato
Just got a fail message when rolling back to the 16.11.2 drivers - it failed to install the HDMI Audio Driver 10.0.1.00. Given that I'm not using an HDMI cable can I just ignore this? I did do a clean install and reinstall but it happened again...

Back
Top Bottom