• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
Don't play many games at moment, I am going though that phase play for 20 mins and get bored.
The reason I'm considering buying a V56 (if Gibbo's deal is super sweet), is that I can't see a Navi card matching it's price/perf.

Like has been said, the problem isn't that we don't have a £250 Navi - it's that the 5700 should be £200 ish. Instead it's pushing £400.

The £250 Navi cards will be the same (or heck, possibly worse!!!) performance than the 480/580.

Soldato
The reason I'm considering buying a V56 (if Gibbo's deal is super sweet), is that I can't see a Navi card matching it's price/perf.

Like has been said, the problem isn't that we don't have a £250 Navi - it's that the 5700 should be £200 ish. Instead it's pushing £400.

The £250 Navi cards will be the same (or heck, possibly worse!!!) performance than the 480/580.

They could be but then the 1660/ti will beat them and they need to counter the 1660ti, 5700 at 299 would be a good price.

Soldato
Unless they drop the 5700 to well under 300 the 56 would be better short term but I hate to say it long term who knows what they get out of Navi.

Caporegime
They could be but then the 1660/ti will beat them and they need to counter the 1660ti, 5700 at 299 would be a good price.
One thing that I think should be beyond dispute and fairly logical...

If AMD continue to simply match nV's price and performance - albeit 6 months later - then they can only lose mind share.

Because if company A has a product, and you know that company B will release the same product, for the same price, a few months later - really, what reason do you have to ever buy from company B? If you have the money at the time A launches, you gain nothing from waiting.

AMD have to push something when they launch. I don't care if they don't push top-end performance. But if they won't push price/perf ratio either... and they're always late to the table...

Then they can only keep losing.

Soldato
They have to replace the 570/80/90 would nice to have navi drop down a price point level but you need 5700 and 5700 xt a lot lower price so that will not happen.

Caporegime
They have to replace the 570/80/90 would nice to have navi drop down a price point level but you need 5700 and 5700 xt a lot lower price so that will not happen.
Which means that the 570/580 replacement isn't going to be any faster, or it would be knocking on the door of the 5700. Maybe 5% faster, if you're lucky.

Soldato
Well navi launch is a bit of a mess really as they cannot really have their fastest card around £350 and that would make them look like a budget company.

Associate
Their fastest card is currently the VII, and is appropriately gouging.

I am interested in seeing geometry heavy games being tested as I think even the 5700XT will outshine the VII in these type of games if the theory of the compute units being tweaked to process geometry better.

Theres a reason why some games just perform on Nvidia compared to AMD and its not all driver related, it really is what has to be processed, shader or geometry.

Back
Top Bottom