• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

OcUK Staff
*** DO NOT PURCHASE UNTIL 25TH NOVEMBER ONWARDS *(NEXT MONDAY!)* ***

Hi there

So I've just dropped the prices of our Asus NAVI MBA cards, but you will be thinking well those prices are not so good, but bear with me. If you follow these instructions then you will earn cash back from Asus that will get you to the £249 and £299 price points respectively, you just gotta work for it:

£40 Cashback - Proof of purchase

1. Buy an eligible ASUS Graphics Card between 25th November 2019 and 5th January 2020 at your participating dealer.
  2. Redeem your ASUS Code by registering and uploading your information and invoice – between 9th December 2019 and 19 January 2020.
  3. After a short check we will transfer the cashback to your bank account.
Asus £40 Cashbank Link

£25 Cashback - Leave a Review on OcUK of the product (Rate My Gear)

1. Purchase any valid ASUS product – click here for list of valid products.
  2. Leave a review on the respected websites of purchase. List of Designated website can be found in T&C’s
  3. Submit a registration till 31st January 2020
  4. Receive 25 €/£ Cashback and a chance to win a ROG Hamper and £50 Gamesplanet voucher
Asus £25 Rate My Gear Cashback Link

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £364.99 inc VAT

RX5700XT-8G, Core Clock: 1605MHz, Boost Clock: 1905MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warranty

Only £364.99 inc VAT - £299.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £314.99 inc VAT

RX5700-8G, Core Clock: 1465MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warrant

Only £314.99 inc VAT - £249.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

The STRIX cards are also included in this offer!

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £464.99 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1840MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr

Only £464.99 inc VAT - £399.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £414.95 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1620MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Wa

Only £414.95 inc VAT - £349.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

AMD Raise the Game GPU Bundle - Choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint plus 3 mo @ £98.99 inc VAT

Buy select AMD Radeon™ RX graphics cards and get your choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint*, plus get 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC* and play Gears 5.

Only £98.99 inc VAT - INCLUDED WITH THE ABOVE!!!

ORDER NOW

Let me make it clear, if you buy now, you will not get the £40 cashback, it is only valid for purchases from 25th of November (next Monday) and to get the £25 additional cashback you must leave a review on our site.

Asus are paying the cashback offer not OcUK, so claiming your cashback is strictly between you the customer and Asus directly who shall pay the funds direct into your bank account.

This is nothing short of an incredible deal, even though you gotta put a little effort in the end result is a hugely powerful 1080P/1440P graphics card that are even 4k capable at a totally insane bargain price, remember the AMD games offer to make the value even better and Asus 3yr warranty which OcUK deal with. :)

Permabanned
RX-5500-OEM.png

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5500-graphics-benchmarks-tested-on-par-with-rx-580/

Soldato
Slower and more power hungry then a 1660 despite a new architecture and smaller process.........

Progress takes time. You can't just pull an architecture that makes monumental jumps every time you're behind. Any progress is good progress and it's in everyone's interest to have at least 2 players in the game.

It'll depend on price and whether drivers can improve things too.

bru

bru

Soldato
It shows that this is the lower end of he range, not quite beating a 580.
The 5700 series is quite telling as the midrange cards, pushed quite hard they are performing well. But really it is the next ones the 5800 series that we all want to see.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Progress takes time. You can't just pull an architecture that makes monumental jumps every time you're behind. Any progress is good progress and it's in everyone's interest to have at least 2 players in the game.

It'll depend on price and whether drivers can improve things too.
I don't know man. They did it with the Radeon 4870 about 10 years ago when they were being slaughtered by the GTX 8800.

I guess they are just severely out spent on R&D right now and are just way too behind. That was one of the few reasons why I went G-Sync a few years ago as AMD really fell behind when it comes to high end. They can't even keep up when on a better process.

Let's see what RDNA2 brings to the table. Hopefully it is a decent jump in performance, but I am not holding my breath.

Caporegime
It shows that this is the lower end of he range, not quite beating a 580.
The 5700 series is quite telling as the midrange cards, pushed quite hard they are performing well. But really it is the next ones the 5800 series that we all want to see.

But it's looking like this lower end is going to be priced at Polaris level lol

Soldato
I don't know man. They did it with the Radeon 4870 about 10 years ago when they were being slaughtered by the GTX 8800.

I guess they are just severely out spent on R&D right now and are just way too behind. That was one of the few reasons why I went G-Sync a few years ago as AMD really fell behind when it comes to high end. They can't even keep up when on a better process.

Let's see what RDNA2 brings to the table. Hopefully it is a decent jump in performance, but I am not holding my breath.

Oh I am not saying it'll never happen but it's not common.

Also we have no idea where this 5500 fits in the stack and it might even end up being priced as a 1650 competitor. In that space it would be great.

Soldato
It's by no means impressive, but it is a step forward. It's a large perf/watt increase over Polaris, even if it doesn't catch Nvidia. Pricing is ultimately going to be key. It needs to be up against the 1650 (and the lower end of 1650s at that), not the 1660. Trying to sell RX 580-ish performance for £200+ again would be an absolute joke.

Permabanned
Slower and more power hungry then a 1660 despite a new architecture and smaller process.........

That's a pretty pathetic showing. We can only hope it's because it's the OEM version.

If it's like all the previous AMD cards which were heavily overclocked/overvolted out of the box, I would keep some hope that the things are not so dark for them.

Soldato
We've seen AMD comprehensively "wipe the floor" with INTEL with their latest CPUs, just hoping we see them do the same in the GPU space with NVIDIA, it's a tall ask but absolutely vital for competition (pricing)

I feel 2020 is going to be AMDs year, INTEL have no response for their CPU, with SONY and Microsoft both using AMD in their consoles I can only see them going from strength to strength.

I do think AMD might have missed a trick not implementing their "chiplet/infinity fabric" design in the GPU space, maybe that will come in time.

Soldato
We've seen AMD comprehensively "wipe the floor" with INTEL with their latest CPUs, just hoping we see them do the same in the GPU space with NVIDIA, it's a tall ask but absolutely vital for competition (pricing)

I feel 2020 is going to be AMDs year, INTEL have no response for their CPU, with SONY and Microsoft both using AMD in their consoles I can only see them going from strength to strength.

I do think AMD might have missed a trick not implementing their "chiplet/infinity fabric" design in the GPU space, maybe that will come in time.

It is bound to. It's the only alternative to ever larger monolithic chips on ever more difficult, smaller processes (often with poor yields) ie make lots of smaller, easier to make chips and have them pretend to be a single chip. We've already seen the new Threadripper be able to have four chiplets (and what looks like expansion space for more), and yet present itself as a single processor.

That approach has to come to GPUs because it's the way forwards, whether you get in there first like AMD, or get dragged kicking and screaming into the same approach at some point in the future. GPU being very parallel are also particularly suited to this kind of approach, with a workload being spread across multiple chips.

AMD had to tackle one thing first, and they went to CPUs, as that's where the big money is for business like data centres, AI learning, etc. They are building a war chest, and I think the next step will be to revise their fundamental approach to building GPUs the same way they have with CPUs. They are probably already doing it now.

Soldato
Coreteks said on a podcast with Good Old Gamer that he received information that AMD wanted to initaily retail the RX5500 at...$249. It was only when board partners refused to produce cards as they feared it would just result in large unsold stockpiles that AMD relented.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Coreteks said on a podcast with Good Old Gamer that he received information that AMD wanted to initaily retail the RX5500 at...$249. It was only when board partners refused to produce cards as they feared it would just result in large unsold stockpiles that AMD relented.

Taking that leaked performance is showing the 5500 as pretty much identical performance to a 590 but at half the power, if they try and charge anything over ~£150 for it they're mad.

Permabanned
AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics Card Custom Models Spotted With 6 GB & 8 GB GDDR6 Memory, Tackles The GTX 1660 Series
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5600-xt-custom-graphics-cards-6-gb-gddr6-spotted/

• ROG-STRIX-RX5600XT-O8G-GAMING
  • ROG-STRIX-RX5600-O8G-GAMING
  • TUF 3-RX5600XT-O8G-GAMING
  • TUF 3-RX5600-O8G-GAMING
  • DUAL-RX5600XT-O8G-EVO
  • DUAL-RX5600-O8G-EVO
  • RX5600 CLD 6GO
  • RX5600 PGD 6GO
  • RC5600 PGU 6GO
  • RX5600XT CLD 6GO
  • RX5600XT PGD 6GO
  • RC5600XT PGU 6GO