• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Will be interesting if AMD have pushed more of the CPU development budget to CPU's. Navi might also see a return to to TSMC. I can't see AMD releasing early in 2018.

Caporegime
Will be interesting if AMD have pushed more of the CPU development budget to CPU's. Navi might also see a return to to TSMC. I can't see AMD releasing early in 2018.

Thing is, it takes years and years to see the fruits of any investment into GPU design etc. Let's just hope RTG last that long!!

Man of Honour

Can't see them returning to TSMC although it would probably be a good idea as so far TSMC has managed to deliver ahead of GF.

Soldato
I'm sure the Radeon guys have hand their hands tied for some time with the push AMD have made on the CPU front. More money should have become available to the Radeon team over the last year or two. We know AND are very streamlined and can push through products faster than most, but what kind of resorces went into GPU development remains to be seen. Will be interesting to see.

Man of Honour
Historically? yes - I can't see them doing that at the moment with their current engagement with GF though.

Though after Vega I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom