• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Any rumours heard that Navi will be multi chip using infinity fabric like Threadripper?

My mate says it's an option he read somewhere, but I'm 99% sure it was the beer talking and he's full of it. I can't find anything online to say it is, or isn't.

Would be interesting if that is the case. Not sure how stacking graphics chips would work out but it seem to work great on CPUs.

Soldato
Is there anything definite on Vega 20 being a gaming card? Looks like an Instinct product from the news I can see, which if you look at the Vega compute ability makes perfect sense.

Vega 56 and 64 on a more efficient process i.e 14nm+ would make a strong improvement which for dGPU I would expect to see 1H2018 to tide us over until Navi.

We know just how dedicated AMD were to the APU side, with good reason, so I would guess that we are going to see the first refresh of Vega and Ryzen together on a 14nm+ for the mobile and APU segment which has potential to be the next big win for AMD. They have gained a lot of influence and positive media with Zen and even the current Vega chips are doing awesome at lower power output. There had to be a really good reason for them waiting so long on the mobility and APU parts for Zen and it makes perfect sense for that to be a 14nm+ Ryzen / Vega combo. If 14nm+ gets them to 4.5Ghz+ on the Zen cores and they can get 1060/580 performance from the Vega cores on the top chips they could massively shake up that market.

Navi will coincide with Zen 2 on the 7nm process. With what is in the news I don't see how it can be 1H2018 but I expect to start seeing Navi and Zen 2 2H2018 with Zen 2 / Navi based APU's for 1H2019. I can't see anything suggesting it will be later than that.

Now I am off to buy a lottery ticket...

G J

G J

Associate
Whats to really speculate? This is just going to be around 1080ti performance at around the same price or more expensive 12+ months later. :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It'll be 1H19, which in AMD terms means Aug/September. Don't hold your breath for this one...
Definitely not. I am happy I went down the G-Sync route. Luckily I won the lottery panel this time, no dead pixels, hardly any back-light bleed either, I am chuffed :D

I usually keep monitor's about 3 years before getting something new. This will last me a good 3 years until OLED 4K 120Hz with proper HDR comes out at a decent price. AMD have until then to get their act together regarding performance and price for performance. Also lets not forget about Freesync 2, hopefully they can manage to get a proper Freesync 2 panel out by then also. I waited ages for Freesync 2 and the first monitor using it turned out to be poop and there is still no 4K version out yet.

Plenty of time to get a 1500W PSU.

Seriously though I hope Navi is a bit more efficient with power consumption.
I would not have minded the power consumption of Vega had it offered better performance than anything else available. But to use all that extra power to keep up with a 1080? Not good :(

Associate
I own 6 x 1200W and 3 x 1500W PSUs will this be enough to run Navi Crossfire?

I would get something like this :
ojf9zc.jpg

ojf9zc.jpg

You might want to overclock it a bit.

Soldato
Plenty of time to get a 1500W PSU.

Seriously though I hope Navi is a bit more efficient with power consumption.

Well I hope any efficncy is used to make the fastest card possible. Not like those 190 watt tree huggers cards. If it's not 300watt it's not a proper graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom