• Apple Watch 42mm Ceramic

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Apple Watch 42mm Nike+

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 89 47.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
To those debating it... If I ever leave my watch at home I instantly regret it.

I wouldn't want to go back to an Apple Watch-less life. Payment is amazing, notification alerts are immensely useful, you can be handsfree for so many things.

Don't be worried about tech being outdated soon either. My launch day AW is still great. The fact you are so closely connected with your digital world is a huge advantage that will not go away if a new better model comes out.

Grrr :mad:

I successfully talked myself out of getting one. Now this post has stirred the pot again.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
If anyone has the Series 2 Stainless Steel, mind taking some photos and posting them please? Ordered one today (due early Dec) and I'm still unsure about which one to get; SS or Space Black.

Cheers!

Soldato
One of these is on my daughters list for xmas and I'm trying to decide is the cost of the Series 2 over Series 1 is worth it. From what I've read it's the inclusion of water proofing and GPS, anything else noteworthy?

Soldato
One of these is on my daughters list for xmas and I'm trying to decide is the cost of the Series 2 over Series 1 is worth it. From what I've read it's the inclusion of water proofing and GPS, anything else noteworthy?

The only other thing is the Series 2 display is twice as bright as the Series 1.

Soldato

Other than the twice as bright screen that has been mentioned the series 2 also has a ceramic back for both the Alu and SS versions where's the Series 1 has a composite back on the alu version which has caused rashes on people.

Associate
Isn't the nike+ app made especially for it?

Yes but it's rubbish. Had problems with the GPS - if your phone is still within range when starting a run it tries to use the phone's GPS. If you then move out of range of your phone it doesn't switch to Watch GPS which is ridiculous.

For that reason alone I'd stick with the built-in workout app and run with that.

Associate

Better battery life by far on the series 2, I can get 2 days use out of mine on one charge, I was lucky if I could get one day out of my old series 0 (original).

Cheers all

Soldato
I just picked up a series 1 for £249 + 3% Cashback, was going to wait until I went to the US in a few weeks but with the exchange rate the way it was I would have saved only about £10 max.

Anyways, I like it, I've used Android Wear since it's beginning and this is me fully integrating myself into the Apple Ecosystem...or at least trying to.

Got the 38mm which does actually feel really small, you don't notice it and that's what I like about it. I'll be wearing it over the next few days so will have better impressions about it then but definitely is a nice piece of kit that's for sure.

Soldato
I mean, that is legitimate advice! Though maybe an expensive way of finding out :p

I believe series 2 has a much brighter screen so that may give it away when side-by-side?

Back
Top Bottom