The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Weird. Then maybe it's because you are using 16GB sticks, which are most likely dual bank rather than my single bank 8GB.

Anyway, thanks for checking and sorry that it didn't work for you.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yeah, after further research it seems bank group swap only effects single rank memory. As you say, i have dual rank hence no change.

It also appears dual rank memory is faster than single rank at the same speed and timings, but can't clock as high.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Just got my system put together but I'm having issues, which it appears a couple of others are having over on the official forum. There appears to be some sort of compatibility issue with the X370 Taichi and crucial bx100 SSDs

My spec as follows;

Asrock X370 Taichi - BIOS V. 2.0
Ryzen R5 1600x
16Gb (2 x 8gb) Team Group DDR4 3200Mhz CL16
Crucial BX100 250Gb SSD
GTX 970 4gb GPU

Thats all that is currently connected to the system.

The drive showed up on first boot in the BIOS. Went to exit BIOS to tell the system to boot off my USB drive to install windows, the system reboots loads up the windows installer, which then says there isn't a HDD to install to.

So I go back into the BIOS and the BX100 has dissapeared. No amount of restarts would make it show up again. I tried loading defaults still nothing.

The only way I can get it to show up again is to shut the system down, remove power for 10 seconds, reset cmos and reconnect power and start it up again. If I go into the BIOS the drive is there again

There is no way I can install windows on this system with this drive.

Associate
Just got my system put together but I'm having issues, which it appears a couple of others are having over on the official forum. There appears to be some sort of compatibility issue with the X370 Taichi and crucial bx100 SSDs

My spec as follows;

Asrock X370 Taichi - BIOS V. 2.0
Ryzen R5 1600x
16Gb (2 x 8gb) Team Group DDR4 3200Mhz CL16
Crucial BX100 250Gb SSD
GTX 970 4gb GPU

Thats all that is currently connected to the system.

The drive showed up on first boot in the BIOS. Went to exit BIOS to tell the system to boot off my USB drive to install windows, the system reboots loads up the windows installer, which then says there isn't a HDD to install to.

So I go back into the BIOS and the BX100 has dissapeared. No amount of restarts would make it show up again. I tried loading defaults still nothing.

The only way I can get it to show up again is to shut the system down, remove power for 10 seconds, reset cmos and reconnect power and start it up again. If I go into the BIOS the drive is there again

There is no way I can install windows on this system with this drive.

Well, that's oddly specific. I've got a BX100 so I'll have to wait until that gets fixed before I can upgrade.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Well, that's oddly specific. I've got a BX100 so I'll have to wait until that gets fixed before I can upgrade.

indeed it is. The thread at asrock forums if your interested is http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4817&title=x370-taichi-sata-ssd-goes-missing

I have a couple of different drives i could try (crucial mx100, samsung evo 850) but i ideally want to use the bx100 for my boot drive

edit:

A little update after some testing;

I've managed to try both a Crucial MX100 and a Samsung EVO 850 ssd using the same sata cable on the same port (sata3_1) that the BX100 was disappearing from and they both seem ok and were showing as an option when I ran the windows install via USB.

I also shifted the BX100 down to SATA port 2 and left the MX100 on port 1 (where the BX100 was disappearing from to begin with) and and the BX100 disappeared from SATA port 2 just like it did on port 1

For some reason after first reboot the system just doesn't like the Crucial BX100 and it disappears into nowhere.

Last edited:
Associate
Wondering if any of you guys can advise. I have a TaiChi on order, wanted to know if

The RGB on the Trident Z RGB can be controlled with the motherboard

and

anyone with any experience of this memory with this board -16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz G-Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3600C17D-16GTZR

Thanks for your time :)

Associate
Wondering if any of you guys can advise. I have a TaiChi on order, wanted to know if

The RGB on the Trident Z RGB can be controlled with the motherboard

and

anyone with any experience of this memory with this board -16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz G-Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3600C17D-16GTZR

Thanks for your time :)

Yes, you can controll the RGB with the g.skill tool - G.SKILL Trident Z RGB beta - download from their website.
I have got the lesser model RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz G-Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Was able to run it at just 2933 c16, altought listed as supported at 3200 -taichi mobo 1.94 bios - bclk 100.
Not sure if my memory is B.die samsung, but your model probably is so you should do 3200 with no probs.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ok a little update regarding the BX100 SSD disappearing on the X370 Taichi.

So I've plugged the BX100 into the ASMedia ASM1061 ports on the board (SATA3_A1/A2) rather than the AMD chipset SATA ports, and it detected it perfectly and is now showing up in windows and is fully useable.

I've ran some benchmarks and the drive is slightly under performing due to the fact it's on a 3rd party chip rather than native like the rest.

However it's now proven it isn't the drive itself at fault.

I also did a little bit of digging regarding the 2 drives mentioned in the ASRock forum thread that were having compatibility issues with SATA ports 1-8 (AMD native) i.e. BX100 and the Mushkin Reactor drives and noticed they both have the same controller in common i.e. - Silicon Motion SM2246EN

The MX100 uses a Marvell controller and the Samsung EVO 850 uses its own samsung controller.

Perhaps it's an issue with the main SATA ports just not liking this certain controller?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback on the BX100, @ljt - we've reported that onwards. It does indeed sound like an issue with the AMD controller, but should be solvable with new code incorporated into a BIOS if it works on another controller such as the ASMedia one.

Associate
I have the Taichi and im unsure which slots to put my ram in.

The ram is
  • G.skill 16GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 PC24000 3000MHz C14 Kit - F4-3000C14D-16GVR
In the manual it appears that if I run it in slots A2 and B2 it would run at 2667, which is the highest it shows in the manual, and I assume that this would be easiest to overclock to the XMP profile, and possibly further. Could anyone confirm this?

Associate
Yes, you can controll the RGB with the g.skill tool - G.SKILL Trident Z RGB beta - download from their website.
I have got the lesser model RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz G-Skill Trident Z RGB - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Was able to run it at just 2933 c16, altought listed as supported at 3200 -taichi mobo 1.94 bios - bclk 100.
Not sure if my memory is B.die samsung, but your model probably is so you should do 3200 with no probs.

Thanks for the advice, do you know if the RGB on the RAM can be controlled with the Asrock software?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback on the BX100, @ljt - we've reported that onwards. It does indeed sound like an issue with the AMD controller, but should be solvable with new code incorporated into a BIOS if it works on another controller such as the ASMedia one.

No problem, Thanks for forwarding it on. I've also posted it in the thread over on your official forums where there are a few others with the similar issues - http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts...25463&title=x370-taichi-sata-ssd-goes-missing

It looks as though it's to do with the SSD controller used (in this case the Silicon Motion) rather than one specific SSD.

Associate
OP
No problem, Thanks for forwarding it on. I've also posted it in the thread over on your official forums where there are a few others with the similar issues - http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts...25463&title=x370-taichi-sata-ssd-goes-missing

It looks as though it's to do with the SSD controller used (in this case the Silicon Motion) rather than one specific SSD.
Had some of our techies look at it, and it's the first they heard of it. Checked with Crucial, who recommend a firmware update: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd?cm_re=us-support-_-main-_-firmware-update-link

Let us know if this helps.

Associate
hiya guys just a quick post to say hello have read the entire thread and glad to see some helpful posts

i run a asrock taichi x370 bios v2 / ryzen r7 1700 / gskill trident f4-3200c15-16gtz (2x8gb) / samsung evo 960 256gb / and asus dual rx480 (currently running 3.9 all cores)
hopefully i can add some help in areas as and when needed

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom