The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MANCHESTER CITY TO BANK £200M KIT CASH
20th November 2011
By Paul Hetherington

ROBERTO MANCINI’S Manchester City are set to agree a new £200million kit deal with Umbro at the end of the season.

The club are currently three years into a ten-year, £6m-a-season contract, but the deal allows the terms to be reviewed based on City’s progress.

And the new tie-up with Umbro could see their annual payment rocket to £26m.

That would put the Blues’ kit deal in line with the £26m Umbro currently pay the FA for their contract with England.

The Premier League leaders have looked closely at the kit deals of Manchester United – £30m-a-year from Nike – and Liverpool, who will bank £25m from next season in a deal with Under Armour.

City, bankrolled by the Abu Dhabi United Group, recently announced record losses of almost £195m last season but that hasn’t killed the feelgood factor.

The Blues currently sell a million shirts a year in this country and three million in total when worldwide sales are added.

City also recently agreed a £350m stadium rights and shirt-sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways and expect these tie-ups to help them meet UEFA financial fair-play rules.
:p

Take that Michel!

What's the source for that biz? I ask because it seems like total bs; City don't sell 4m shirts per year, nothing like that in fact. More like 400k.

We already get 6m a year so it wont be 2.6m.

Why not 26m, we are a growing brand and Umbro are financed by Nike so they will want to be part of it. If all goes well, City/Umbro are hoping the next generation of kids choose City like many chose utd when they were growing up as they won everything and had the best players.

This deal if true is perfectly good for FFP as its inline with other deals, less than utds. We can argue our huge growth as a club in the past year etc as proof that we are planning towards being a brand etc.

Of course it could be be bs but with huge losses then this being "leaked" to the press a few days later possibly. It wouldn't surprise me.

The £2.6m thing was a joke. However I'd be very surprised if you end up earning more than Utd (for example) when Nike sell 3x more Utd shirts than Umbro sell City shirts.

I'm not sure exactly how many City shirts are sold per year but I know it's under 500,000. Nike sell approximately 1.3m Utd shirts.

How up to date are your figures though, obviously going back a couple of years MC were nobodies, never played in CL etc, now they are the best team in Britain and playing in the elite European competition. I've no doubt that they will sell more shirts in 2011 than any time in recent history, moving forwards sponsors will see the potential, in the noughties loads of kids were walking around in MU kits, maybe in the deccies it will be MC kits.

This was a few months back when the new Liverpool kit deal was reported in the press.

Of course City will become a bigger club and gain more support but it's a generation thing; it will take a few years before City bear the fruits of any success they may have now. I'd be very suprised if any manufacturer is going to pay City as much or more than somebody like Utd when they're not going to be selling anywhere near as many shirts for several years at best.

Last edited:
Was the missile throwing racially motivated? Games between the big Turkish sides are always like that; usually seats get thrown onto the pitch.

While we're on the racism topic; Johan Cruyff has been accused of telling Edgar Davids that he's only on the Ajax board because he's black.

Was the missile throwing racially motivated? Games between the big Turkish sides are always like that; usually seats get thrown onto the pitch.

While we're on the racism topic; Johan Cruyff has been accused of telling Edgar Davids that he's only on the Ajax board because he's black.

Also whilst on the topic of missiles being thrown, a La Liga game got abandoned after 60 mins because the linesman kept getting pelted with coins.

racism against a former arsenal player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OxA1z2PYrGk

shockingly pathetic. ****ing racist/scum of people. cant believe they allow this **** to happen whilst FIFA take a back seat and do **** all about it.

honest to god if Terry really was racist to Ferdinand i hope they put that ******* behind bars and ban him from football.

i simply HATE racism in any organisation whether its in football or at work.

It's been posted in the banter thread already and like I asked in there, do you know whether it was racially motivated?

Not that it's right (it's not, it's terrible) but unfortunately missiles being thrown onto the pitch/at players during matches between the big Turkish sides is fairly common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom