The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jokes already been made and as I said the first time, the only place you see a English side lifting a trophy is ESPN Classic.

Also, should Spurs have be replaced by Stoke? :p

To be honest, City if they get their act even marginally together could do very well in Europe, though Mancini has always had some issue with doing well in Europe which he seems to be continuing, considering league form and Napoli being ok but not exactly the best team ever in the world, they should have walked their group.

Either way City can't afford not to push for the title, financial fair play, how much of every plan you've seen listed banks on as much possible money from Europe as they can get, Europa has less money, but its still a crapload more than nothing.

Spurs as well, okay they are taking it as it comes right now, but while a team rarely cares how they do at the beginning, you get to the last 16 or last 8 without trying, teams suddenly start to realise its a genuine chance at a cup and Spurs will likely start caring all of a sudden ;)

I hope we do go for the europa cup. We're in it, this might be one of the only chances we get to win it in the next few years (presuming we make the CL and regain form in the new seasons ahead).

So why not try to add it to our cabinet? Theres no shame in winning the europa cup.

I'm actually a bit surprised City took it quite easy from journo's. Their group was probably some of the clubs biggest ever games yet they couldn't summon the backing from the home fans you would expect. There just wasn't any sense of feeling that City were going to take it by the scruff of the neck. Napoli are a good side, but it's their début in the competition for some time as well.

AVB feeling the pressure you think, bit of a KK moment? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16122746.stm

I was watching the game when Neville made the remark about David Luiz being controlled by a 10 year old in the crowd with a Playstation controller, it was just a throw away comment about his forward runs with the ball, and probably the funniest thing Neville has ever said in his life. I've heard far worse critisism of players from pundits.

I'm actually a bit surprised City took it quite easy from journo's. Their group was probably some of the clubs biggest ever games yet they couldn't summon the backing from the home fans you would expect. There just wasn't any sense of feeling that City were going to take it by the scruff of the neck. Napoli are a good side, but it's their début in the competition for some time as well.

Doesn't matter if you're flavour of the month or not Man Utd will always be the headline

Man City always in our shadow :p

I also think Villas-Boas is a bit odd, there's something not quite right about him.

I really like him, he's so eloquent and just seems ridiculously intelligent, Martinz-esque. I feel sorry for him in that he's inherited a squad of which half are two old and the other half aren't good enough (excluding Mata).

CHELSEA last night confirmed their players are under orders to involve Andre Villas-Boas in their goal celebrations.
The Blues boss came up with the idea at a recent team meeting.
A Chelsea spokesman last night said: "The manager has asked the players to look across and recognise him and his staff on the bench after a goal.

"He believes that by celebrating together it shows we are all in it together. That's the players, the manager, the subs, the staff, the medical people — everyone working and celebrating together."
But the idea is being mocked by some of his squad who are said to be increasingly at odds with their rookie boss.
A Stamford Bridge insider said: "There are a few players who don't feel very 'together' with the manager right now.
"So I'm not sure anybody will be rushing over to hug him if they score against Man City on Monday. To them it all seems a bit silly and desperate."

ITV commentary team you are officially second worst.

That's got to be a Soccer AM wind up. I just keep expecting him every ten seconds to shout, "HAWWAAAYY!!!!" :D

In other news, 'Stupid Mario' tm Mark Lawrenson, in further stupidity shocker,

Balotelli helps build South Sudan school

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has had a wing of a school in South Sudan named after him after he financed its construction. Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has had a wing of a school in South Sudan named after him after he financed its construction.

The Italian international befriended a former child soldier of the country’s civil war and donated money to help him build a secondary school in the South Sudanese village of Cuey Machar which will now have a 'Mario Balotelli wing' in his honour.

Kon Kelei, now aged 29, was kidnapped and forced to fight when just four years old by rebels of Sudan's People's Liberation Army, but he later escaped the conflict and became a refugee in Holland.

After studying law during his time in the Netherlands, he returned to South Sudan following their declaration of independence and a film documenting his life was produced, entitled 'The Silent Army'.

Balotelli was so moved after watching the film that he contacted Kelei offering to help finance a project to build a secondary school.

"Kon told me that he was forced by the rebels to use a rifle that was bigger and heavier than he was. He wasn’t even able to hold it properly," Balotelli said.

"But he managed to run away and save himself. He could have built a new life but he wanted to help his country, so I have helped him."

South Sudan declared independence in July, but in recent weeks there has been fighting along the border with Sudan and there are fears of another full-scale conflict.

ITV commentary team you are officially second worst.

I didn't hear the magic words "Sorry we missed that crucial winner, a technical fault sent us to adverts/to the presenter who didn't know he was on camera scratching his balls". So ITV are still worst, but not by a big margin :p

As for Balotelli helping someone he met to build a school, why exactly is that stupid?

I didn't hear the magic words "Sorry we missed that crucial winner, a technical fault sent us to adverts/to the presenter who didn't know he was on camera scratching his balls". So ITV are still worst, but not by a big margin :p

As for Balotelli helping someone he met to build a school, why exactly is that stupid?

Commentary team can't be blamed for a crap technical team.

Andre Santos out for 3 mths due to tearing some ankle ligaments, so hes having surgery to repair it:(...great our injury prone squad are now starting to fall..

Whose next?? RVP and Vermaelen??

If one of them has to go, I so hope it's Vermaelen! I don't think Arsenal could replace RvP's goals atm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom