The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit of info on the Cook Onouha thing..

A month or two ago Cook's wife and children moved back to America. Now this could possibly mean that he knew that this was coming and so will be out of a job? or they just didnt like England.

Most likely the 2nd option but the 1st isnt out of the question?

Any of the arsenal fans know how easy it would be to obtain 2 tickets for the stoke match on Oct 22nd is it? Need something to do before the NFL

It's pretty difficult to get tickets if you are not a member as it is quite rare for league matches to go on general sale. In the unlikely event that should happen you'd probably have to get in bang on the time the tickets are released. I've never been to a competitive fixture that hasn't been sold out afaik apart from a League Cup match against Hull.

It's pretty difficult to get tickets if you are not a member as it is quite rare for league matches to go on general sale. In the unlikely event that should happen you'd probably have to get in bang on the time the tickets are released. I've never been to a competitive fixture that hasn't been sold out afaik apart from a League Cup match against Hull.

Did people just not show to the liverpool game then? Middle of the mainstand or w,e looked deserted.

Did people just not show to the liverpool game then? Middle of the mainstand or w,e looked deserted.

Probably left, or were off getting their prawn sandwiches at halftime :p

If you become a red member its not exactly difficult to get tickets anymore, away games are still very slim chance, and the "big" games, but Stoke should go on sale to red members .

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets#

Not quite sure why Stoke isn't listed there yet as the WBA game after it is, prices are becoming a bit daft, to get two tickets together, best bet really is to buy two red memberships, get online the second they go on sale to red members and get tickets. It will effectively double your cost though if membership is still around £30.

I dont think he wants to leave, just his family but if he gets sacked because of this he gets a nice payment?

Something you dont get for a resignation?

If you get fired for doing generally nothing actually wrong like a manager, big payout, fired for gross misconduct... you shouldn't get anything.

Theres no way its his attempt to leave the job, it was barely anything, the mother, who apparently said she didn't want to tell her family about the e-mail as it was so offensive and would effect them, went directly to the papers to tell them all about it. Whole thing seems ridiculous to be honest.

Probably left, or were off getting their prawn sandwiches at halftime :p

If you become a red member its not exactly difficult to get tickets anymore, away games are still very slim chance, and the "big" games, but Stoke should go on sale to red members .

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets#

Not quite sure why Stoke isn't listed there yet as the WBA game after it is, prices are becoming a bit daft, to get two tickets together, best bet really is to buy two red memberships, get online the second they go on sale to red members and get tickets. It will effectively double your cost though if membership is still around £30.

Don't overly fancy paying membership, it is only for a one off game since we won't have many better things to do the day before.

Do you know if its one membership per tickets or can buy multiple with one membership?

I just wanted to see a brawl between the two teams :(

Don't overly fancy paying membership, it is only for a one off game since we won't have many better things to do the day before.

Do you know if its one membership per tickets or can buy multiple with one membership?

I just wanted to see a brawl between the two teams :(

One ticket per membership, or always used to be, not been in a couple years due to bad knee's, stairs, tube and bad weather make it more painful for me than its worth now :(

There is a ticket exchange now so not sure if you can buy one ticket and get another off the exchange, but the chance of getting them together I would imagine would be non existant. It makes an expensive day out for a one off, over the course of a usual season I'd pay £30 for membership, at least ten league games and so the cost wasn't really an issue.

Yeah it's still one membership per ticket, and the ticket exchange is also bound by that restriction, unfortunately. I went with a Leeds fan to the FA Cup game last year, and he had to borrow his boss's membership card. Don't suppose you happen to know any Arsenal fans do you?

I think if the tickets ever actually get to general sale they're actually freed from the restrictions around membership, but I can't remember the last time I actually saw them make it that far.
9. Is Ashley considering putting the club up for sale?
A: As a PLC we are always for sale.
Not actually true.

Oh, and you failed to insult their women in the answers, so you're clearly not trying hard enough as a Newcastle chairman. C+.

Red Membership price has actually come down now, £20 for lite and £27 for full (basically means you get a box with a book, dvds, washbag, card holder and other assorted tat). Also includes free access to Arsenal Player although the value of that has diminished now that preseason is over.

Not worth it for a one off but for Arsenal fans genuinely interested in going to a few matches I would recommend red membership, the old "can't get a ticket" excuse doesn't really wash if you aren't prepared to sign up.

General sale normally allows you to buy multiple tickets at the same time I think.

As for the Liverpool game, I couldn't attend that match (I typically only go to Saturday 3pm games anyway).

One ticket per membership, or always used to be, not been in a couple years due to bad knee's, stairs, tube and bad weather make it more painful for me than its worth now :(

There is a ticket exchange now so not sure if you can buy one ticket and get another off the exchange, but the chance of getting them together I would imagine would be non existant. It makes an expensive day out for a one off, over the course of a usual season I'd pay £30 for membership, at least ten league games and so the cost wasn't really an issue.

Red Membership price has actually come down now, £20 for lite and £27 for full (basically means you get a box with a book, dvds, washbag, card holder and other assorted tat). Also includes free access to Arsenal Player although the value of that has diminished now that preseason is over.

Not worth it for a one off but for Arsenal fans genuinely interested in going to a few matches I would recommend red membership, the old "can't get a ticket" excuse doesn't really wash if you aren't prepared to sign up.

General sale normally allows you to buy multiple tickets at the same time I think.

As for the Liverpool game, I couldn't attend that match (I typically only go to Saturday 3pm games anyway).

Alright, cheers both of you.

I think i'll hang fire and hope for general sale, won't rely on it and if not i'll trawl a few forums for two tickets.
If not i'll go to that sports bar i went to in london last time, don't know the name but a booth to eat and drink with your own personal TV is awesome 0.o

Yeah it's still one membership per ticket, and the ticket exchange is also bound by that restriction, unfortunately. I went with a Leeds fan to the FA Cup game last year, and he had to borrow his boss's membership card. Don't suppose you happen to know any Arsenal fans do you?

Hehe, I've sent and received red membership cards all over the ruddy country while at uni 4-5 years ago, about 5-6 of us at uni had memberships and we seemed to have a red network throughout uni's, manchester, pompie and a couple others, if they wanted tickets or we needed tickets we were always sending the cards around :p

Stupid knee's, even finally got my ruddy season ticket offer for this season but both can't afford it and can't make it, I was almost tempted, go halfs with someone and struggle along for warmer weather games but too much cash frankly.

QPR defender Luke Young, 32, has claimed he quit playing for England because manager Fabio Capello treated him poorly.

Luke Young has accused Fabio Capello of treating him like an 'afterthought'.
The QPR defender, 32, quit England two years ago and claims it was because the Italian treated him poorly.

Young, who won seven caps before turning his back on the Three Lions, said: "I didn't think quitting England was going to prolong my career, as I wasn't playing anyway.

"It's great to represent your country and I enjoyed the time I was given.

"But I just felt for the last two years of being involved with England I was kind of an afterthought.

"Players would drop out, then I would get the call two days later than everyone else.

"I was kind of making up the numbers, so decided to stand down.

"Would I have stuck with England had I been treated better? Probably."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :D Since when did he even start playing for England? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom