The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you two, having backed yourself into a corner minutes after the incident can't change your story now can you.

For the record, the sequence of events was, losing to Bayern having picked the wrong team, he bought off Dzeko, which caused argument number 1, he then insisted Tevez warm up, again, despite him being ready, then insisted he spoke to him in Italian and Tevez refused to come off, he then got in an argument with Tevez, and his assistants tried to sort it out, he then argued and shouted at Zabaleta.

After the game Mancini went and accused Tevez of refusing to come on, said they spoke in Italian, and said he was basically done at the club.

Now, Tevez doesn't speak Italian, and didn't refuse to come on, these were COMPLETE LIES of a desparate manager wanting a scapegoat for a thrashing, wrong choices and woeful performance.

THEN and only then Tevez tried to defend himself.

Tevez has since been done for, refusing to come on essentially, which was reduced to refusing to warm up, which he had already done, for bringing the game into disrepute and some other bogus charges.

Now, did Tevez bring the game into disrepute, or Mancini, considering Mancini went on camera first, lied, and it was also Mancini having shouting matches and acting like a petulant child on the bench. You might notice, Zabaleta, Tevez, and Dzeko were sitting down watching while Mancini stomped around like a child having a fit.

So Tevez is at fault, for Mancini going on camera, lying, and creating the entire scenario? He could have spoken to Tevez behind closed doors, infact every part of it could be dealt with behind closed doors, it was ONLY Mancini that made it public and it was ONLY Mancini out of control on camera.

But you're sticking by this being Tevez's fault......... sure.

As for the ridiculous notion of everyone backing Mancini, no, at first, and only at first, assuming he wasn't lying, it was considered Tevez was at fault.

Its since turned out that the majority of what Mancini said, was lies, and none of his staff back up Mancini's version of events...... the only people still backing Mancini, are those who blindly assumed there was one side to the story and can't bring themselves to back down from the things they said about Tevez shortly after and admit they are likely wrong.

Last edited:
Lol, a novella, what a surprise. I'm not going to argue with you DM, it's a war of attrition with no end. You don't win debates, you just carry on and on until the other person gets bored, which is always as you seemingly never get bored and have endless free time to write massive blocks of text. We'll see what the outcome is in due course and at that point either one of us can admit to being wrong :) Though I somehow doubt it will be you, even if you are ;)

1zl4v9c.png

Screw you Mario :p

Im not one to defend Man City or Mancini but DM WTF are you talking about?

If Tevez refused to either go on the pitch or warm up it amounts to refusing to do what the manager tells you. If the manager deems you arent warmd up you wont be going on anyway.

If Tevez had only refused to warm up why did he say he wasnt mentally right to play in his post match interview?

If Mancini isnt the biggest Tevez fan then why is that Mancinis fault? Tevez asked to leave and spent the entire summer trying to do so. Why should he be welcomed back into the fold when he couldnt get a move and his replacement is banging in the goals?

Tevez is the orchestrator of his own demise.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wins Norwegian title with Molde in his first season - their first ever title, in centenary year.
Cracking news. Didn't he have a bit of a shaky start this year? Nice to see him and Molde win their first title at the first time with Ole.

Awesome, glad he's doing well :)

I'd love to see him come back to United some day.
Ditto. I can see him as our next assistant manager to Fergie's successor in a link with the club kind of way. Say we get Mourinho in, would love Ole to be his 2nd in command so the fans have got a true club legend helping to run the club. :cool:

I love Ole so much I even looked up Molde's site and tried to find out how much for one of their shirts. :o:p:D

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wins Norwegian title with Molde in his first season - their first ever title, in centenary year.

Very pleased for the bloke. Like most neutrals he was one of those players you respected no matter which team he represented. Can't say I really warm to many of the Man Utd players but Solskjaer always impressed me both as a professional and as a player. Hopefully he will make a return to Old Trafford as I would expect that would be his longterm aim.

I'm sure people said the same about Chelsea 8+ years ago, City will win the title sooner or later they wont have the same sustained period of dominance as we've had though. Not a chance.

True but the biggest threat to Man Uniteds dominance is losing Fergie in a few seasons not City.

True but the biggest threat to Man Uniteds dominance is losing Fergie in a few seasons not City.

tbh I wasn't really thinking about just ourselves, the competition that's in the Premiership now just makes it impossible for anyone to dominate the way United have since the PL's inception. Even if we go completely midtable when Fergie retires they'll still be teams like Chelsea willing to match City's spending to ensure they dont have it all their own way.

City's spending will probably start to slow down now anyway, they've only spent masses now because like Chelsea initially they were buying a whole new team/squad, I'd expect from now on they'll only invest in 2 or 3 new players a season like the rest of the title challengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom