The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Daily Fail comments -

"If we lived in a perfect world where nobody was starving to death then I would be happy to read this nonsense."

:o

Love the Daily Fail comments -

"If we lived in a perfect world where nobody was starving to death then I would be happy to read this nonsense."

:o
tumblr_ljuy6oQheQ1qgknovo1_500.jpg

And yet many "hate" Balotelli :confused: all Balotelli is doing his having fun and spending money on friends, family and his girlfriends.

People disliked Balotelli simply because he didn't appear to appreciate the opportunity he has been given in life, this season tbf to him he's showed much improved form and I think we've all seen/read the plaudits he's received as a result.

Not sure if anyone has posted this or if anyone knows the guy, but apparently Liverpool want to sign Polish striker Lewandowski for £8m from Borrusia Dortmund.

What do you guys think? I've seen some goals and not too bad tbh.

Getting very disillusioned with Andre Santos now, I've literally not seen him have a good game for Arsenal yet. What I find tough to take is we sold Clichy (who is younger, quicker, better at passing, better at defending, has better positional sense, years of Prem experience including winning the league etc) to the richest club in the world and bought him from Turkey for less than a £1m net profit. Surely the worst Brazillian defender since Roque Junior and his positional sense makes Glen Johnson look like Bobby Moore. Great example in the game today that wasn't picked up by the commentators, second half he gave the ball away for the 15th time around the halfway line, already ahead of his defensive partners, and then proceeded to charge a further 20 yards into the Marseilles half to try and win back the ball. That would be a risky move if we were in possession, but when the opposition have it then it is sheer folly. The thing is unlike most Brazillian fullbacks that like to play high up the pitch he isn't even that effective at attacking.

He actually makes Gibbs look like a viable option at LB by comparison, which is deeply concerning. While he is out injured you could arguably make a case for playing Vermaelen at LB and brining Koscielny back into the side, who has been in reasonable form of late.

Last edited:
Not saying he will come good but Evra looked shocking for us on his debut also so you do need to allow a settling in period for some players.

From what I've seen of him in the last 2 games though it seems to be a lack of discipline and surprise surprise lack of organisation in the Arsenal defence which is seeing him caught out, both of those could be worked on quite easily.

He did much better in the second half at Stamford Bridge but was pretty woeful today, how long is he out for? I can definitely see Vermaelen filling in at left back and bringing Koscielny in to partner Mertesacker.

Santos isn't THAT bad he just looks fat and lazy, hopefully he'll get into shape. He wins quite a lot of tackles and is absolutely great going forwards, easily 50 times better than Clichy. I'm pretty sure he's matched Clichy's entire goal tally from about 6 years in about 6 games.

That's a bit of a snap judgement. He's been poor at times, but not dire enough to be "the worst Brazilian since Roque Junior". He's not even the worst Brazilian to play for Arsenal.

I've prepared to give him more time, but he definitely needs to lose that weight.

Which is the most important thing from LB?!
Depends on the system, obviously. Come on, nobody plays with purely defensive full backs any more.

He's not even the worst Brazilian to play for Arsenal.

Id give that honour to Denilson:p

I like Santos but the problem with him is that he bombs forward too many times leaving us open at the back. Thankfully last night Verm was around to cover for him but still he needs to sort his shizz out.

Id give him some more time...well we havent got much of a choice seeing as Gibbs is pretty much injured as soon he gets on the pitch....

It was reported last night that Redknapp wasn't travelling with the Spurs squad to Russia as he had some sort of surgical procedure. It's now been revealed that it was minor heart surgery and not a face lift which we all hoped it would be.

Seriously though, hopefully it's nothing serious, which it seems its not as he's said that he hopes to be back to work in a couple of days.

Which is the most important thing from LB?!

Yeah it's really important assuming you're keeping up with football over the last 5 years

He's not nearly as bad as people are making out but that is the world we live in, people love an over reaction. imo all he needs is more fitness and a better appreciation of when to join the attacks and when to hold back, but that's not too difficult really

Id give that honour to Denilson:p
I was thinking Baptista myself. :p

anyone seen the vid of a hooligan/fan attacking a player then the team attacking the fan.

lulz

The first sucker punch on the player was just nasty, that's the kind of hit that can kill someone. As much as I don't condone violence, he deserved a bit of a kicking for it.

Not too funny if it's the one I'm thinking about tbf, didn't the player end up deaf in one ear with a broken cheekbone?

Not sure but he does deserved the kicking, probably drunk or high on something.

I was thinking Baptista myself. :p

The first sucker punch on the player was just nasty, that's the kind of hit that can kill someone. As much as I don't condone violence, he deserved a bit of a kicking for it.

what, he hit him the back of the head and it doesn't look like it hurt him because he went down then looked to see what was going on then went down, he should have ran after him and nutted him.

What? As jakeke said, he ended up in hospital with deafness in one ear (not sure if it's permanent).

But even regardless of the outcome, everybody knows a punch to the back of the head is a no-no, don't they? It's banned in boxing for a reason.

Wiki said:
A rabbit punch is a blow to the neck or to the base of the skull. It is considered especially dangerous because it can damage the cervical vertebrae and subsequently the spinal cord, which may lead to serious spinal cord injury or even death.

Yeah, punches to back of the head can be stupidly dangerous, and even though it doesn't look hugely hard as a punch, it's location and the fact he's running that puts a lot of momentum/force into it. Nasty POS frankly and tbh, the "beating" the team gave him was a decent take down and one proper kick, the keeper got a red card for a really minor kick. He deserved an awful lot more than he got, and security deserve some firings/lawsuits.

There had to be people watching who could have intercepted the guy long before he got close to a player, though to be fair, plenty of people run onto pitches and a very very small minority actually try to attack players, most are just being drunk idiots, a few mouth off at players but very few actually try and hurt players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom