• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I've tried every tweak and config setting to stop bf4 sessions from crashing or lagging. HOWEVER, I've just played several games with no issues. Here's what i did:

1) Stop Origin from loading in game by changing settings in the Origin Console (where you launch your games)

2) In your Router, Release and Renew IP Address in DHCP Configuration settings.

I've tried every tweak and config setting to stop bf4 sessions from crashing or lagging. HOWEVER, I've just played several games with no issues. Here's what i did:

1) Stop Origin from loading in game by changing settings in the Origin Console (where you launch your games)

2) In your Router, Release and Renew IP Address in DHCP Configuration settings.

If only that would fix the issues, I think this was probably to some help for you but more likely they have been fixing some server updates over the past week which would have made more difference.

Is it me the game seems to play a lot smoother? I get crashes with "BF4 has stopped responding" every now and then.

Just the game does feel better but theirs been no updates has there?

I keep getting direct x errors. Won't let me pay for more than 2 mins! I have tried everything :(

Anyone had this problem and resolved it?

a friend of mine in the states gets a lot of direct x errors aswell, he's running a 660ti I think, what card are you running?. I get a direct x error if I clock my card too much

BF4 doesn't seem to like it when my VRAM is clocked much higher than 1500 or so. It'll sometimes suffer from those black shard artifacts and the odd bit of flickering.

It's usually good for up to 1900 in other games/benches. Ah well, not like it makes a huge difference anyway.

BF4 doesn't seem to like it when my VRAM is clocked much higher than 1500 or so. It'll sometimes suffer from those black shard artifacts and the odd bit of flickering.

It's usually good for up to 1900 in other games/benches. Ah well, not like it makes a huge difference anyway.

Flickering on some far away textures is normal i think ( if that is what you mean) I have always noticed those in almost every game i have ever played at some point, overclocked or stock.

Black shards doesnt sound right though!

I joined a 38 player Domination server (Shanghai map) a bit late so I didn't get to benchmark for very long:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
21944, 338921, 46, 85, 64.747

2560x1440 - 90 FOV - Ultra

Specs:
4770K @ 4.5GHz
Sapphire R9 290 @ 1103/1400

I'm very happy with that :)

EDIT:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
24713, 420094, 12, 134, 58.827

24 player domination game. Can't remember the name of the map, but it was a derelict warehouse with loads of tanks outside.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom