• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I have a feeling the shanghai building Crash to desktops might be related to the other crash to desktops. I get the same fault message in event viewer when the building collapse causes the game to crash (i.e. when half the server population crashed out as well) as I do with just the random crash to desktops as well.

Weirdly, I was in games in the beta where the building came down all the time and it never crashed once. What did they change!?

Lol. That's the sort of thing you need to capture and put on YT for our enjoyment. I remember seeing some COD player on xbox 360 who used to do things like that. Message players and tell them to turn round then knife them.

If i get done by some DB using a 40x scope i hunt them down, either crawl underthem and knife or place some C4 and shoot with my sniper. If he's by his lonesome a friendly warning in the chat :D

Another thing i love to do, yet to get an actual rise out of people so far though :( is place C4 on a tank/vech and shoot with sniper = sniper kill (hoping to get a hacker claim :cool:)

I'm going to join your lobby and do that to you, you vehicle whore

If i get done by some DB using a 40x scope i hunt them down, either crawl underthem and knife or place some C4 and shoot with my sniper. If he's by his lonesome a friendly warning in the chat :D

Another thing i love to do, yet to get an actual rise out of people so far though :( is place C4 on a tank/vech and shoot with sniper = sniper kill (hoping to get a hacker claim :cool:)

I'm going to join your lobby and do that to you, you vehicle whore

Haha. Catch me if you can. ;)

When i play conquest i vehicle whore, typically. I normally play domination when i want infantry combat.

With better designed maps hopefully you can get a decent mix of both in 64 man conquest.

What did they change!?

The price.

"Beta" = free, probably a build never intended for full time public consumption, it worked quite well

"Retail" = The real beta with a £40 price tag on it. Know many will play it and provide the feedback they need to fix a knowingly broken game.

If they did the 'BETA' testing correctly mahoosive flaws like everyone getting random CTD's when ever a building collapses wouldn't have happened.

I played a bit lastnight and didn't get chucked out of a server... Woohoo. Looks as though they've fixed something at least.

Haven'y played Siege of Shanghai for a while though, still avoiding that for the time being.

Seems like a lot of people are having problems but I haven't had one fault with the game crashing yet. unlike the actual game there is bugs where people seem to get kills on you from stupid angles or the kill cam shows them nowhere near you.

I'm also suprised that my GTX570 runs on ultra at around 60fps and then with my custom settings I was getting 130fps, with my custom setting in certain maps this would drop down to 70-90fps.

What settings are you running on your 570 please

well my custom settings are everything low apart from mesh quality which is ultra my fov is 90 and motionblur is disabled i can post a pic or recording if you want proof but you can check out my video before I used these settings on ultra

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrljabbott

EDIT: I am currently rendering out a new video actually showing the in-game FPS viewer via perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Last edited:
Typical usage during BF4 for me.
My GPU usage has got worse since release, i think. Shouldn't it be getting better? lol

ay8f.png

Anyone else not having as many crashes, not sure if i have just been lucky today but only had 1 crash and that strangely happened just as the next map started to load. Very strange this game, pc settings-the same, no BF update or PB, but its running better :confused:

Played 3 full rounds earlier ( about an hour and a half and didn't crash once)

PC locked up this evening when opening CPU Z and coretemp at the same time/in quick succession which was a bit disconcerting though :o. Hoping it was just a software bug.

Anyone else not having as many crashes, not sure if i have just been lucky today but only had 1 crash and that strangely happened just as the next map started to load. Very strange this game, pc settings-the same, no BF update or PB, but its running better :confused:

Played more rounds this evening, no connection issues :) Does look like they've sorted it.

AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core Processor 4.00GHz 16MB Cache
Kingston HyperX Genesis 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 DIMM
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2048MB GDDR5
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Sadly the game is unplayable for me, owing to constant stuttering which occurs even on the "high" preset. Adjusting the settings makes little difference, leading me to suspect a problem with the game itself, or the graphics drivers. It's amusing to think my system comfortably runs Crysis, BF3 and Metro Last Light on ultra, whereas it's completely crippled by this game. Optimization is sorely needed.

Have you run the DX installer??

Go to the BF4 folder in .\origin games\Battlefield 4\ Open ._Installer\directx\redist Right click on DXSETUP.exe and click "Run as Administrator"

I haven't, but is this likely to remedy the problem? I've updated my drivers and unparked the CPU's cores, but to no avail. I'll report back with the results.

Edit: Nope, no change. The frames constantly dip, even on smaller maps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom