• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Am trying to understand choppiness during BF4 on my brothers system. Pretty poor framerate, although no fraps so can't display fps

He has...

quad core extreme @ 3.5Ghz
8gig ram
R290x 13.11 beta 11/8/2013. Highest temp (thermal diode monitor) = 80C
Eyefinity 5940*1200

BF4 setting = ultra, but with all AA off.
Can anyone explain this HWINFO output please

I.e., why is the GPU going to 0% so often when the CPU is not being maxed...

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:
Am trying to understand choppiness during BF4 on my brothers system. Pretty poor framerate, although no fraps so can't display fps

He has...

8gig ram
Eyefinity 5940*1200

I don't think i have ever seen anything like that. What psu do you have. When playing the game is it smooth or all over the place. The gragh's would suggest unplayable to the extent the game should have crashed as 0% gpu usage would mean nothing is happening. If you were playing all this time maybe the monitoring software is at fault.

PSU = Corsair HX850
There's not really much difference running 0AA or with 2AA, runs pretty bad IMO.
My own system is a i7-920 @3.8Ghz, 7970 @ 1100Ghz, 1920x1200 res. and I get 55+ fps average with ultra/2xAA with consistent GPU and CPU load on similar multiplayer map.

Other than HWINFO, what else do people use to work out where a bottleneck may be?

IMO dice need to save face and pull the game until they decide to test it properly.

A fair few games release with minor niggles, but a supposed AAA game to be completely borked 3-4 weeks after retail release, that also had a lengthy supposed 'beta' testing is unacceptable.

the bugs are annoying

but still my favourite game of 2013 - I'm enjoying it far more than BF3

40+ hours logged so far -no other game this year has got anywhere near

Just tested that terrain thing and setting it to low made ground textures look terrible so not quite sure.

Also, for anyone who is interested, gpu usage on the last 5 minutes of Zavod, 64 player server with 3770k at 4.5ghz and two 670's

Since the patch GPU usage is always between 85-100% pretty much. Not bad.

I just tried it and it looked exactly the same at all terrain settings according to the screenshots I took.
They all looked exactly the same as the Ultra=low screenshots from the battlelog thread...

He has...

8gig ram
Eyefinity 5940*1200

Is that CF GPU 1 and 2? Disable UPLS in MSI AB.

Back
Top Bottom