• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Use a spoiler tag for the love of God, Humbug :p

I just tried it and it looked exactly the same at all terrain settings according to the screenshots I took.
They all looked exactly the same as the Ultra=low screenshots from the battlelog thread...

Ok, turns out I was being dumb and changing terrain quality instead of decoration :o

After sorting that out, I took some more pics with a frame counter and it turns out that medium terrain decorations are actually ultra... See for yourself below.
I still don't get those nice juicy leafed plants though. Perhaps that's a win8 thing for some reason?

Terrain decoration set to LOW

z98y17x.png

Terrain decoration set to MEDIUM

wq0lrvC.png

Terrain decoration set to HIGH

uyVA6ez.png

Terrain decoration set to ULTRA

scVK2Tv.png

Basically:

Low= High
Medium = Ultra
High = Medium
Ultra = Low

Make sense? Good :D

Makes you wonder what other settings are backwards...

Last edited:

Ok, turns out I was being dumb and changing terrain quality instead of decoration :o

After sorting that out, I took some more pics with a frame counter and it turns out that medium terrain decorations are actually ultra... See for yourself below.
I still don't get those nice juicy leafed plants though. Perhaps that's a win8 thing for some reason?

z98y17x.png

wq0lrvC.png

uyVA6ez.png

scVK2Tv.png

Basically:

Low= High
Medium = Ultra
High = Medium
Ultra = Low

I need to try this out, I've been running Ultra from day one.

Not sure if this relates to the vegetation rendering mess up in the game, but since the patch, my average fps has been around 10 higher on the 7990 than previously. Haven't tested by reversing the relevant settings to low.

z98y17x.png

wq0lrvC.png

uyVA6ez.png

scVK2Tv.png

Basically:

Low= High
Medium = Ultra
High = Medium
Ultra = Low

SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!

How strange.

I can confirm that medium terrain decoration is in fact ultra ( looks soooo much better, loads of grass, lots of moving bushes e.t.c)

Pics:

Set at Medium in graphics options:

Set at Ultra in graphics options

I also tried low and high and low (should be high) is like medium (ultra) but with not as many bushes and high (should be medium) is like ultra (or low) but with a bit more grass

Fortunately it doesn't impact framerates too much (from a quick glance I would say about 5%)

What a **** up

I wonder how many other settings have this problem!

I can confirm that medium terrain decoration is in fact ultra ( looks soooo much better, loads of grass, lots of moving bushes e.t.c)

I also tried low and high and low (should be high) is like medium (ultra) but with not as many bushes and high (should be medium) is like ultra (or low) but with a bit more grass

Fortunately it doesn't impact framerates too much (from a quick glance I would say about 5%)

What a **** up

I wonder how many other settings have this problem!

I tried reading the last paragraph of your post.. but tbh it hurt my head:p

Need coffee and i'll try again. lol

Well i just gave it a quick test,

:eek::confused:

Seems like low is the new ultra even on windows 8.1!

Putting the settings from ultra to medium or low, resulted in the grass being far more widespread and better looking than when on ultra.

How could this happen? i know nothing about the ins and outs of game programming, but surely stuff like detail levels is the basics that you should be getting right?:confused: or at least should have been picked up on well before release?

I found medium terrain decoration was better than low ( added some more bushes)

It doesn't work for all settings. Terrain quality for example (which I tried by accident at first rather than decoration) definitely looks worse on low ( real low res ground textures)

Hopefully it is just terrain decoration.

I have enjoyed the bf games but this one is really testing my patience :( Still crashing, unable to get more than one full game completed. How can a beta be more stable than final release?!

You just answered your own question.." How can a beta be more stable than final release?"

We played two different revisions of the game, i read that the beta was 3-4 builds old :\ what they got wrong in between god knows :(

Before the patch things were going fine.
After the patch i get frame rates of 50 with 2 Sli titans.
Someone said it might be a problem with my CPU which i think is true because before the patch my cpu was running at 40C but i had to adjust my cooler fans to a performance mode.

after the patch, my cpu was running at 30C, whilst gaming, and i didnt even have to change fan profiles.

i cant be bothered trying all these little fixes so not going to game for about a week or two and see if dice release something between now and then

Not sure if this relates to the vegetation rendering mess up in the game, but since the patch, my average fps has been around 10 higher on the 7990 than previously. Haven't tested by reversing the relevant settings to low.

I don't know if it's changed since the patch, but from the screenshots I took, you can see an 11 fps difference between low and ultra veg.

Back
Top Bottom