• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Thanks for the reply Jono! Have any opinions on the OS debate as to which is better? I'm debating if its even worth my time and switching to 8.1.

Windows 8 has definitely shown improvements over 7 in lots of tests i think. Not sure whether 8.1 makes any difference over 8 though.

3930K here with a single Titan and running at either 1440P or 1080P and Windows 7 and not a single complaint. No crashing at all in the last 3 days and fantastic returns on frames.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
38207, 388068, 72, 169, 98.454

My last round of domination :)

I think win 8.1 brings with it Dx11.2 optimisations which Win 8 doesn't have.

Said optimisations improve BF4 CPU performance.

----
I'm playing the game at 1200p res on a 670WF and a 3570k at stock (Win 8.1). Not sure about frames but its smooth.

Last edited:
8.1 ate my Hamster.

wn96.jpg

Boo and Minsc will stomp on the evil Microsoft.:D

Golmund Railway, full 64 player conquest game 1080p ultra, 4xMSAA. ~20 minute round

137629, 1075172, 56, 202, 128.006

I would say golmund is one of the least demanding maps.

Last edited:
3930K here with a single Titan and running at either 1440P or 1080P and Windows 7 and not a single complaint. No crashing at all in the last 3 days and fantastic returns on frames.

38207, 388068, 72, 169, 98.454

My last round of domination :)

Hey Greg. You run full ultra? AA and all?

Installed my new 780 Classified but I have to say I am not impressed..

Everything at Ultra and 4xMSSA, latest drivers and frames are dropping very often below 60fps... Even my averages seem low, around 70-75fps :(

Playing at 1080p.

Last edited:

Everything at Ultra and 4xMSSA, latest drivers and frames are dropping very often below 60fps... Even my averages seem low, around 70-75fps :(

Playing at 1080p.
Sounds about right tbh, getting similair on sli 670's clocked beyond stock 680 speeds. Average 80 fps ono but it will drop into the low 50's, 1920x1200, ultra, x4 msaa. Have you tried oc'ing the card a bit.

Siege of shanghai and paracel storm seem to be the most demanding, gollums railroad the least for me personally. Ive seen my average vary by as much as 20fps depending on the map at the time. All are still playable though. But i am considering dropping a few settings to try and maintain a minimum of 60fps as much as possible.

Playing at 1080p.

It is very map dependent. What map was that? I would say that was perhaps low for Golmund railway, but about right for Siege of Shanghai with a single 780.

Siege of shanghai and paracel storm seem to be the most demanding, gollums railroad the least for me personally. Ive seen my average vary by as much as 20fps depending on the map at the time. All are still playable though. But i am considering dropping a few settings to try and maintain a minimum of 60fps as much as possible.

I reckon overclocking your CPU will boost your minimums quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom