• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I find it hard to believe you are getting absolute minimums of 90 on a full 64 player server to be honest.

From what I can tell thats the case. Matts running higher RES in his case though.

Just like the 100% gpu usage doubt thing Jono, believe it.

I think there is an exception, In Paracel Storm which hits 70fps when the storm starts to rage and with loads of action and explosions.

Recall a single 7950 is achieving around 52fps mins. (Previously 45fps but there have been a few AMD driver updates recently)

So what is your gpu usage?

I believe other AMD users have confirmed 100% usage in crossfire also, so I'm not a paradox.

Last edited:
From what I can tell thats the case. Matts running higher RES in his case though.

I think there is an exception, In Paracel Storm which hits 70fps when the storm starts to rage and with loads of action and explosions.

Recall a single 7950 is achieving around 52fps mins. (Previously 45fps but there have been a few AMD driver updates recently)

I am not disputing you as such, i am just saying it seems very high in comparison to other benchmarks people have posted.

But as you say, as it is multiplayer and we all most likely play in different ways, it can vary so much so this benching multiplayer thing isnt very conclusive.

I believe other AMD users have confirmed 100% usage in crossfire also, so I'm not a paradox.

Well it really depends on the map. Most maps it is ~85-100%. . Single Player it is pegged at 98% for both cards all the time

Siege of Shanghai averages around 85% but has drops down to 60% in some cases!

I don't know why that is to be honest. Maybe an SLI thing.

Have you sorted your computer problems out?

Well it really depends on the map. Most maps it is ~85-100%. . Single Player it is pegged at 98% for both cards all the time

Siege of Shanghai averages around 85% but has drops down to 60% in some cases!

I don't know why that is to be honest. Maybe an SLI thing.

Thats great news, it looks like yours and Setters gpu utilisation has improved.
Did you install different drivers. I distinctly remembering one of Squad members in BF4 saying his 680's in SLi were pegged at 90% each a few weeks ago.

Thats great news, it looks like yours and Setters gpu utilisation has improved.
Did you install different drivers. I distinctly remembering one of Squad members in BF4 saying his 680's in SLi were pegged at 90% each a few weeks ago.

It improved since the last patch. On most maps i would say GPU usage averages 90%+.

There still appears to be a problem/bottlneck of some sort in Siege of Shanghai though

Have you sorted your computer problems out?

Thanks for asking.

I rebuilt the pc from scratch and it's spread all over my desk at the moment on a cardboard mobo box. But as far as I can tell the problem is fixed.

The only doubt I have now is whether there is a bad earth or shorting issue when I build it back into the Antec 900 case.

I cant believe how much heat it produces when out of the case, It feels like I can warm the upper floor of my house lol...

Thanks for asking.

I rebuilt the pc from scratch and it's spread all over my desk at the moment on a cardboard mobo box. But as far as I can tell the problem is fixed.

The only doubt I have now is whether there is a bad earth or shorting issue when I build it back into the Antec 900 case.

I cant believe how much heat it produces when out of the case, It feels like I can warm the upper floor of my house lol...

It is a short somewhere. Rebuild it and then let everyone know in your thread who offered help :)

I haven't had any crashes in the last couple of days.

I didnt have any crashes for a few days after the patch (8hours + play time) but then i had a "BF4 has stopped working" crash yesterday after 5 mins of playing. Then i played for 3 hours straight (5-6 matches in a row) without issue straight after that...

Seems totally random ( i.e. you can go for hours and days without issue then get one random crash after a few minutes of playing)

Can anyone provide any suggestions at all on how I can fix my FPS? :(

Im on Dual SLi Titans and before the patch i was running fine with 120+FPS, my CPU usage was good too.

After the patch now and all the updates to game/GPU, I'm stuck with minimum 40FPS and Max 65FPS. My CPU doesnt heat up like it used to either. It stays incredibly cool during gaming. Before patch it would try to go over 40C Temps and I had to change my fans on my H100i to Performance Mode.

Now it barely reaches 40C on Balanced mode profile!

Ive unparked all my cores and let my machine run on high performance but hasnt made a difference to my FPS.
I've enabled SLi in Nvidia to clicked the radio button "maximise 3d performance" and it says Physx is moved to my 1st Titan although this setting hasmt made a difference i movd it between the two gpu's and cpu. I havent ticked the box dedicate to physx.

Gaming at 1080P. I must say on Ultra everything with VSync i was getting 120FPS.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide any suggestions at all on how I can fix my FPS? :(

Im on Dual SLi Titans and before the patch i was running fine with 120+FPS, my CPU usage was good too.

After the patch now and all the updates to game/GPU, I'm stuck with minimum 40FPS and Max 65FPS. My CPU doesnt heat up like it used to either. It stays incredibly cool during gaming. Before patch it would try to go over 40C Temps and I had to change my fans on my H100i to Performance Mode.

Now it barely reaches 40C on Balanced mode profile!

Ive unparked all my cores and let my machine run on high performance but hasnt made a difference to my FPS.
I've enabled SLi in Nvidia to clicked the radio button "maximise 3d performance" and it says Physx is moved to my 1st Titan although this setting hasmt made a difference i movd it between the two gpu's and cpu. I havent ticked the box dedicate to physx.

Gaming at 1080P. I must say on Ultra everything with VSync i was getting 120FPS.

Weird

Can you post your MSI AB GPU graphs and maybe CPU graphs - maybe someone can see the problem

Hiya

I'm using Evga one if maybe I can pull an output from that? Or shall I install AB aswell?
Thanks for putting up to help out :)

Are you using PrecisionX? Should be ok... no need to extract the information, just start the logging and then pay for 5-10 mins. Then post a screenshot showing the GPU usage. MSI AB now also can show CPU usage graphs, hence I would favour that

This didnt work for me the first time around (on Zavod 311) but just tried it again on Dawnbreaker and it seemed to work this time. Will see how it goes when i play later.. Cheers for the push to give it another go :)

Just played for a couple of hrs. Even though I have the work around I had the blur once on Lancang Dam. Not complaining though as it's better than every 10 seconds. So under certain circumstances you may still get it now and again.

Back
Top Bottom