• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

just about to start a game and saw this posted........

"Today we launched Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. With that console, we will have brought Battlefield 4 to no less than five platforms. It is amazing to see such a complex universe come to life across so many advanced hardware systems. Millions of people around the world are playing the game and seeing the tip of the iceberg of what the next generation has to offer. At DICE, we are committed to you, the fans, and view the game as a live service. I am extremely proud of the people at DICE and everyone across EA that contributed to the development of Battlefield 4. However, I am less proud to see that the game has experienced some turbulence during the launch period. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving the launch issues is our #1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets – and exceeds – your expectations. It is the right thing to do.

To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4.

You are the heart and soul of Battlefield. We thank you for your support in these early days of the launch, and will continue to show our appreciation as time goes on. To stay informed about the latest game updates, please visit us at Battlefield 4 Control Room or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you,

Karl Magnus Troedsson"

Seems very heart felt:)

Logged on tonight and got a browser plugin update .. (was playing fine last night). Game was laggy, and could not seem to react to anything on a server I have played a few times .. so rebooted. After reboot it was as good as it has ever been so I took some AB Screenies of my last full round on a 64 man server with about 45 players throughout ... capping flags and blowing stuff up so plenty of action :)

dy5.gif

95d.gif

Oh wow, so we get a months worth of a broken game and get rewarded with a double XP weekend? So very very kind of them, must have been a strain to part with all that XP :rolleyes:

Oh lets not forget the oh so handy pistol scope that no one will use, ever.

They could at least make it something worth while, like the first map pack free or some origin store credit etc...

Oh wow, so we get a months worth of a broken game and get rewarded with a double XP weekend? So very very kind of them, must have been a strain to part with all that XP :rolleyes:

Oh lets not forget the oh so handy pistol scope that no one will use, ever.

They could at least make it something worth while, like the first map pack free or some origin store credit etc...

LOL that's what i was hoping for ;) i just thought it nice that at lest they acknowledge it and are speaking about it.

Logged on tonight and got a browser plugin update .. (was playing fine last night). Game was laggy, and could not seem to react to anything on a server I have played a few times .. so rebooted. After reboot it was as good as it has ever been so I took some AB Screenies of my last full round on a 64 man server with about 45 players throughout ... capping flags and blowing stuff up so plenty of action :)

dy5.gif

95d.gif

Well I am glad to see your gpu usage isn't perfect either, even with a 4930k @ 4.7!

Thats great news, it looks like yours and Setters gpu utilisation has improved.
Did you install different drivers. I distinctly remembering one of Squad members in BF4 saying his 680's in SLi were pegged at 90% each a few weeks ago.
My gpu usage has improved a bit with the latest drivers. Cpu usage is still high as im still at stock. Not a good thing with sli. Unfortunately ive lost my bios notes for my oc but ill be starting from scratch over the weekend. Haswell is such a ***** to oc properly as its just not the core clockspeed but system agent/cache that help to. My card/cpu use at stock.

dY1Dnk6.png

My latest bench on the new nv drivers.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
56026, 600000, 53, 177, 93.377

Not too bad tbh, but id like more so the 670's could be sold shortly. The bench above was run on custom ultra, x4 msaa, 16xaf, hbao on at 1920x1200.

dy5.gif

95d.gif

Well I am glad to see your gpu usage isn't perfect either, even with a 4930k @ 4.7!

Yeah - you prompted me to try the 7990 without the 7970 :) GPUs @ 1150/1650 ..

Soooooooooooo, this is with the 7990 only (Xfire disabled in CCC) ... tbph, the game played nice on a single 7990 @ 1600p. Got a few tanks in this round and a couple of helis so some nice explosions .. !

q9c.gif

ic9.gif

Last edited:
just about to start a game and saw this posted........

"Today we launched Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. With that console, we will have brought Battlefield 4 to no less than five platforms. It is amazing to see such a complex universe come to life across so many advanced hardware systems. Millions of people around the world are playing the game and seeing the tip of the iceberg of what the next generation has to offer. At DICE, we are committed to you, the fans, and view the game as a live service. I am extremely proud of the people at DICE and everyone across EA that contributed to the development of Battlefield 4. However, I am less proud to see that the game has experienced some turbulence during the launch period. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving the launch issues is our #1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets – and exceeds – your expectations. It is the right thing to do.

To show our appreciation for your patience as we work through these issues, we are announcing that from November 28 through December 5, we will reward all players with Double XP for every multiplayer match they complete. We understand that the launch issues may have impacted your progression, and we want to do everything we can to help you get back the XP that you may have lost. Also, to cap off the week, on December 5 we will give all players that log in to Battlefield 4 multiplayer a M1911 pistol scope. This special sidearm scope, previously reserved for our DICE developers, has a 3X zoom and is available for all classes in Battlefield 4.

You are the heart and soul of Battlefield. We thank you for your support in these early days of the launch, and will continue to show our appreciation as time goes on. To stay informed about the latest game updates, please visit us at Battlefield 4 Control Room or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you,

Karl Magnus Troedsson"

Seems very heart felt:)

The double XP weekend has been advertised for ages, so nothing new there. We do get these with new BF games and DLC map packs. The pistol scope is something new though.

Still a few issues to sort out but the game isn't crashing anymore. Using the blur fix at the moment and the sound keeps dropping on Golmud Railway!
Netcode and hitboxes need fixed.

Yeah - you prompted me to try the 7990 without the 7970 :) GPUs @ 1150/1650 ..

Soooooooooooo, this is with the 7990 only (Xfire disabled in CCC) ... tbph, the game played nice on a single 7990 @ 1600p. Got a few tanks in this round and a couple of helis so some nice explosions .. !

q9c.gif

ic9.gif

Fair enough :p

Might try and up the resolution scale and see if that brings 100% usage on my 670's (I've only got a 1080p monitor so cant try 1600p)

Well I've read over 100 pages in this thread. And from a out side perspective the stats seem all over the place.

In this thread has their been any discussion as to what OS people are running and does it make a difference? What are the findings and opinions.

Lastly I'm hoping to get some feed back as to what performance I'm looking to get with my system. The most part I'm worried about is minimums.

I run
3930k @ 4.5
Rampage iv extreme
16gb 1866
2x780 ti's (just ordered on their way ) :)

What performance will you guys think I will get on my 1920x1200 monitor now? Will I be able to ALWAYS stay over 60fps?

And what about 2560x1400? I've got my eyes on one but not sure about pulling the trigger and getting one if my minimums are too low.

I also have a copy of 8.1. Should I wipe my 7 and do it??

Thanks for any help guys really appreciate it.

Well I've read over 100 pages in this thread. And from a out side perspective the stats seem all over the place.

In this thread has their been any discussion as to what OS people are running and does it make a difference? What are the findings and opinions.

Lastly I'm hoping to get some feed back as to what performance I'm looking to get with my system. The most part I'm worried about is minimums.

I run
3930k @ 4.5
Rampage iv extreme
16gb 1866
2x780 ti's (just ordered on their way ) :)

What performance will you guys think I will get on my 1920x1200 monitor now? Will I be able to ALWAYS stay over 60fps?

And what about 2560x1400? I've got my eyes on one but not sure about pulling the trigger and getting one if my minimums are too low.

I also have a copy of 8.1. Should I wipe my 7 and do it??

Thanks for any help guys really appreciate it.

A 3930k at 4.5ghz and 2x780ti's will easily be able to keep at 60 fps+ at 1080p , and most likely at 2560x1400 as well.

Back
Top Bottom