• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Some figures from tonight. With SP disabled the average FPS per map goes up around 30FPS. Me thinks it needs a little work. Again, that's not even with it recording. Just enabled.
bzz1.png

Good results mate and an interesting drop to 29 fps in the first test (Dawnbreaker). A tough map in general but considering you have tri-sli, I am surprised it dropped that low.

I am glad I am not the only one to get an impact in fps with having ShadowPlay running. I didn't believe it myself but after testing befores and afters, it is quite an impact for me but others are saying they get no impact at all, so I am concerned it is something I am doing wrong.

Good results mate and an interesting drop to 29 fps in the first test (Dawnbreaker). A tough map in general but considering you have tri-sli, I am surprised it dropped that low.

I am glad I am not the only one to get an impact in fps with having ShadowPlay running. I didn't believe it myself but after testing befores and afters, it is quite an impact for me but others are saying they get no impact at all, so I am concerned it is something I am doing wrong.

Yeah I'm not sure what that drop was about in fairness. There were a hell of a lot of explosions going off on all the maps I played, not sure what it was about Dawn Breaker that caused that. It may have possibly been a tab out or window towards the end when the map finished. Certainly didn't notice it whilst playing. I tried a few runs with Shadow Play with my CPU clocks at stock and the impact on some maps whilst recording was fairly noticeable at points. I was getting fairly low frames at one point and had to tab in and out again for it to kick back in to normal operation. It's definitely a tad buggy, but then so is BF4 :D

Last edited:
BF4 is playing so well compared to a week ago.

I rebuilt my system back into my Antec on Saturday and now can hold a solid 4.7Ghz clock with my Ivy i5 without BF4 crashing at all. Reconfigured fans and push pull setup and I dropped 20oC (81oc at 4.7OC)

Does anyone have any tips on overclocking ivy as I cant break 4.7ghz. I need help with some of the bios stuff because I've only used vcore, multiplier and vdroop.

I know my ram has loads of headroom but when I increase base clock it BSOD's on me....

Need help from master overclockers please?

Mins still around 90-95fps Means looks like 110-115fps max 140fps, transition screen 200fps.

81c eek. :D. I know it's within threshold but I don't like seeing my 4960x go above 70 lol :D. What is your VVCSA voltage?

Trust me that is peak. I used to hit 100oC constant in BF4 and it was stable. My Brother has a 3930k at 4.6Ghz and he see's peak thermals of 71oC so 81oC for Ivy and 4.7ghz is pretty good and certianly much better than previous.

So what settings are you running Frosty. Very interested in how people overclock their systems for BF4....

Ivy seems to throttle at 103oC.

81c eek. :D. I know it's within threshold but I don't like seeing my 4960x go above 70 lol :D. What is your VVCSA voltage?

I popped my 3930K to 5Ghz to see if there was a bottleneck at 4.6Ghz and got stuck into gaming (like you do) after a few hours, I checked temps and they were at 77c (max) and that worried me :D

No difference for me at 4.6Ghz or 5ghz, if anyone was interested but if I drop to 4.4, I start to see a slight frame average drop, so I imagine that 4.5 is the sweet spot.

I popped my 3930K to 5Ghz to see if there was a bottleneck at 4.6Ghz and got stuck into gaming (like you do) after a few hours, I checked temps and they were at 77c (max) and that worried me :D

No difference for me at 4.6Ghz or 5ghz, if anyone was interested but if I drop to 4.4, I start to see a slight frame average drop, so I imagine that 4.5 is the sweet spot.

I need to overclock my i5 because its not threaded and I have 2xgpu's. Even at 4.7Ghz I get 95-97% cpu utilisation.

I dont have a bottle neck because my fps are high.

My 420mm setup doesn't cool as well as I like TBH. At stock it'll peak at 60c 1.31v, for 4.5 it'll peak at 65. Anything over 4.6 On Ivy-e is a bit of a mare. Need 1.4v for 4.8+ which is when I topple 70c. It's a mare of a chip to keep cool and I laugh at people who have them on air! I had more luck with my 3960 in fairness.

So does anyone have any tips or advice for increase bclk and ram. I cant move past 4.7Ghz and 4.8 is way too high. How can I sucessfully clock ram to get a better overclocker. I'm missing something in bios.

My overclock is basic matey.

For 4.5Ghz daily use it's simply a case of increasing multi,syncing all cores, VCCSA @ 1.10, (XMP is 1.2 but the profiles are always aggressive). VCore @ 1.31v. C states disabled.

If you're struggling with the RAM check your VCCSA voltage, maybe up it to 1.2v for a first move. Overclocking RAM IMO is largely pointless. Saying that I own a 32GB set of a rather expensive Dominator Plat 1866

If you're struggling with the RAM check your VCCSA voltage, maybe up it to 1.2v for a first move. Overclocking RAM IMO is largely pointless.

BF4 is a great test of ones overclock.

VCCSA Voltage? I've added volts to ram, but is VCCSA different again?

I use crucial ram that run at 2200Mhc cas 10, but its at 1866 cas 8 at the moment.

The problem I got is that the if I try to vary base clock even by 1% I get a BSOD, which is why I believe its a setting in bios. The thermals and voltage are probably correct but I cant get a single Mhz above 4.7 even 4.71 is out.

How do you know it can run at 2200 dude? Have you ran it at those speeds before on that CPU?

Testing in games I play Rome 2 and I've played BF4 for 2-3 weeks without issue at 4.6Ghz. (Check speeds with cpuZ) But I havn't played at 4.7Ghz at 2200Mhz yet.

I'm not worried about the peak memory overclock in this instance. Just want to find extra tweaks to push past 4.7Ghz.

Ah, so what is your VCCSA voltage? lol Answer me man! Increasing the VCSSA voltage can help stabilise RAM overclocking, and also help the CPU overcome weaker memory controllers. Some Ivybridge CPUs won't even be able to run at 2200mhz. It may also help stabilise your CPU past 4.7.

Just don't exceed 1.25v. To be honest with you it's likely you'll need better cooling to get anywhere near 5Ghz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom