• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Ah, so what is your VCCSA voltage? lol Answer me man! Increasing the VCSSA voltage can help stabilise RAM overclocking, and also help the CPU overcome weaker memory controllers. Some Ivybridge CPUs won't even be able to run at 2200mhz. It may also help stabilise your CPU past 4.7.

Just don't exceed 1.25v. To be honest with you it's likely you'll need better cooling to get anywhere near 5Ghz

Honestly at this stage I dont even know what VCCSA voltage is. I've adjusted DRAM voltage to 1.7v. I've lowered the frequency of the ram in anticipation of using blck to creep the ram speed back up to get a better overclock but have failed to move it beyond 100%.

So will VCCSA definately be a feature in my bios, is it always called the same thing? If you can spare me as much info as you can that would be great Frosty. (You might be able to help me reach my highest overclock :))

Regarding better cooling I know the cpu is stable for hours at 100oC so my thermal load is 81oC at present, so got a bit more headroom.

Yeah it will be called VCCSA. 1.7v...blimey. Maybe try upping the VccIO. between 1.15 and 1.2. What's the RAM designed to run at? 1.7 makes me weep a bit.

TBH mate try asking 8-Pack in the forum section. I know what's involved to reach these clocks but I have too much sympathy for my stuff lol.

FYI VCCIO is the memory controller voltage.

Last edited:
I've run Fraps Benchmark for 5 minutes, 2 different maps, everything on Ultra, 4x MSAA 64 player. Card at stock speeds.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
81894, 862842, 37, 158, 94.912

42946, 503618, 37, 177, 85.275

Looks ok?

I've run Fraps Benchmark for 5 minutes, 2 different maps, everything on Ultra, 4x MSAA 64 player. Card at stock speeds.

81894, 862842, 37, 158, 94.912

42946, 503618, 37, 177, 85.275

Looks ok?

Well the average and max look really good, but the Mins are terrible. My mins are 90fps in most situations and my average is 110-115fps.

The problem with live bench marking 64 player online gaming is that the activity varies enormously. So in the situation you achieved a min of 37fps otherpeople may not be able to simulate the conditions for a comparison. My lowest score FPS is 70 and this was logged in paracel storm 64 player 1920x1200 full ultra with 2x7950's.

I think your mins show a potential bottleneck as I have min 52fps with a single gpu running at 1200Mhz.

Edit try to overclock your card.

I thought the mins were CPU dependant?

At least I still get drops into the 50's on xfired 7950's at speed in sig but now have my CPU at stock as BF4 randomly crashes (So random in fact that 2 fridays ago I played 11 maps straight with CPU at 4.4GHz no crash, other day at 4.3GHz BSOD in first 5 mins and first BSOD I ever had in BF4) so put it down to that.

And the huge memory leak that gives me a 10GB+ page file and drops FPS into the 30's.

My BF game used to crash all the time ! HJowever the updated client and Drivers has fixed it ! No crashes now at all. It would never BSOD though it would just stop responding or stutter and stop.

Bf4 crashing seem completely random for me, I manged to play all last night and all day today without a single crash :) but a few days ago it was crashing every other match and nothing in my setup has changed.

It's still crashing every time I open the battle log :confused:

My frames have been good at ultra 1080p mainly sitting between locked at 59 and 50 with occasional drops down to 40 and remains smooth the whole time.

Using radeon pro to lock to 59 and flip cue size to 1.

BF4 is playing so well compared to a week ago.

I rebuilt my system back into my Antec on Saturday and now can hold a solid 4.7Ghz clock with my Ivy i5 without BF4 crashing at all. Reconfigured fans and push pull setup and I dropped 20oC (81oc at 4.7OC)

Does anyone have any tips on overclocking ivy as I cant break 4.7ghz. I need help with some of the bios stuff because I've only used vcore, multiplier and vdroop.

I know my ram has loads of headroom but when I increase base clock it BSOD's on me....

Need help from master overclockers please?

Mins still around 90-95fps Means looks like 110-115fps max 140fps, transition screen 200fps.

I a bit of noob overclocker but personally I would just go for better cooling and higher voltage :)

Any command/s to see Crossfire scaling In Bf4 as afterburner dont work ?

Place this file in your BF4 main folder. It will enable a fps overlay in the top right hand corner. It will also enable a cpu/gpu performance overlay monitor. This is handy for spotting bottlenecks in your system while playing bf4.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lkgsvg

You can also setup a BF4 profile using RadeonPro. Create a new profile, add the BF4.exe (make sure you pick the 64bit exe) then copy these settings below. This will enable you to monitor gpu clocks, usage and vram usage. Remember to halve vram usage if you use crossfire.

fbnK0iV.jpg.png

Below you see Gpu temps, gpu usage, gpu clocks and fan speed. 1440P Ultra Preset+x4AA + FXAA Disabled + AMD's MLAA Enabled + High Quality Texture Settings

sBUvvt2.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom