• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/12/05/dice-projects-put-on-hold-until-battlefield/1

DICE has put the breaks on the development of all Battlefield 4 downloadable content and future projects while it fixes issues with Battlefield 4 itself.

Battlefield 4 has had a rocky launch with the game plagued by crashes and instability, further fuelled by a denial of service attack which hit it servers around its release.

This halt on further development has however been announced after the game's first expansion, China Rising, has already been launched. The downloadable content launched yesterday and problems affecting Battlefield 4 at launch were still evident for many players.

'We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game - it is absolutely our no. 1 priority,' an EA spokesperson told Polygon. 'The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game.'

'We know many of our players are frustrated and we feel their pain. We will not stop until this is right,' they added.

To try and placate its players, EA did run a double XP promotion from November 28 through to today and will be giving all players that log in to the Battlefield 4 multiplayer a free pistol scope which had previously only been reserved for DICE developers.

Updates on the game and fixes that are implemented will be posted to the Battlefield 4 Control Room site.

The freeze on other projects from DICE until the Battlefield 4 issues are fixed will also affect development on the new Star Wars: Battlefront reboot that the developer is working on.

I needed an i7 for Crossfire, before my GPU usage was 60/70% on both cards with an i5 now I get 90/99% usage and much better frame rate.

I have just purchased a 7990 and find the same that I only get 60/70% gpu usage. I also have an i5 2500k running currently at 4.2 / 4.4 ghz.

Just looking at buying an i7 and notice there are Sandybridge and Ivybridge versions? Which is the best? Also surely just better off getting the 3.4ghz as opposed to the 3.5ghz and just clocking it up?

Last edited:
lol I knew who he was soon as he joined my game last night lets put it that way :D

Ha ha I can only imagine.

I play aggressively but Greg takes it to a new level: not only is he trolling the poor folk in the server, he thinks he's Rambo as well! I be a good medic and try to revive him and I die as he's kicked the hornets nest in the process.

In his defence he's better in vehicles than me :D.

On the plus side I didn't crash once last night while streaming! :)

Gregster has some interesting comments to those people in the server. If you missed it shame on you :D.

People seem to bite at honesty far too easy. :D

lol I knew who he was soon as he joined my game last night lets put it that way :D

I think me and you need some practice ol mate....We got owned :( :p

So to benchmark I guess I need to to use the most demanding map (paracel storm??), 64 players in the server and have lots of action happening?

Or to get the highest fps result do I join a empty server and look at the floor of a room :D

You had good scores when in my squad Greg. Wonder why :rolleyes:

Meh! My Rambo style of play does net me some good points but sadly, it also nets me some seriously poor K/D ratio's :mad:

In truth, I don't care and play for the fun and get the most enjoyment when I am with people I know. I do have a new passion with the SUAV though and taking out campers with it :D

So to benchmark I guess I need to to use the most demanding map (paracel storm??), 64 players in the server and have lots of action happening?

Or to get the highest fps result do I join a empty server and look at the floor of a room :D

Best bet is to play normally but due to the diversity of gameplay it's always going to be pinch of salt material unfortunately. Though not a lot we can do without a standard benchmark :(.

What I tend to do is, play several maps and run fraps on each one and play as normal (poorly) and run fraps each time I am doing that. The only problem I have found is that FRAPS could be the cause of the crashing that I was getting. Still worth it for curiosity and gives others a good idea of what HW will net them when playing.

I'm not particularly bothered about KD anymore. I used to get hung up on trying to get 2.0 in BF3, and mustered a 1.6 I think in the end (over 130ish hours)

Now I think after around 20 hours I'm at 0.6 LOL. As long as I get to blow up some tank hogging cretins I'm happy as Larry. Plus my eyes aren't what they used to be. Half the time I'll just be dancing around like a headless chicken trying to work out where Billy Bob Sniper Sad Act is trying to shoot me from.

I'm not particularly bothered about KD anymore. I used to get hung up on trying to get 2.0 in BF3, and mustered a 1.6 I think in the end (over 130ish hours)

Now I think after around 20 hours I'm at 0.6 LOL. As long as I get to blow up some tank hogging cretins I'm happy as Larry.

I'm bothered as if I'm dying then I'm annoyed :D.

I'm at 2 K/D ratio now but I'm always around points defending or capping so it could be a lot, lot more. What's the point though? I prefer winning and having an impact on the round result.

Exactly, I'm always more often than not at the top end of the leader-board as I'm all over the objectives :)

The only thing that does bug me besides the usual roof top reconners doing the same thing for half an hour, is the majority of people that use the jets. Most of the time they'll spend round after round in them, and it's frustrating as I can't get an ounce of practice. Before I've even flown over the map I've got some nonce who's eager to get up my danger zone. Which is why I take great pleasure in using the stinger :D.

Back
Top Bottom