• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I was thinking of upgrading from i52500k to i7 2600k, msi af show mid 50% gpu usage with cpu maxed in some maps, to me it looks like my cpu is bottlenecking.
Or do i save my cash a see if Mantle helps?
Any body else get bad frame drops in some areas?
Only playing @ 1080p, using a 7990

I was thinking of upgrading from i52500k to i7 2600k, msi af show mid 50% gpu usage with cpu maxed in some maps, to me it looks like my cpu is bottlenecking.
Or do i save my cash a see if Mantle helps?
Any body else get bad frame drops in some areas?
Only playing @ 1080p, using a 7990

Exact same problem here mate. Looking to get a 2600k also, as the bottleneck is so bad.

Exact same problem here mate. Looking to get a 2600k also, as the bottleneck is so bad.

Will a 2600k make a big differnce then? I've read that theres not much difference when it comes to gameing between them, so i don't want to buy it and it makes no/little difference.

Hopefully mantle will make up for cpu bottleneck, you would have thought a 7990 wouldn't have a problem running at 60 fps all the time @ 1080p, or am i wrong?

Will a 2600k make a big differnce then? I've read that theres not much difference when it comes to gameing between them, so i don't want to buy it and it makes no/little difference.

Hopefully mantle will make up for cpu bottleneck, you would have thought a 7990 wouldn't have a problem running at 60 fps all the time @ 1080p, or am i wrong?

Even BF3 gained a bit with 4C/8T (2600k/3770k) over 4C/4T (2500k/3570K).

BF4 is even more CPU heavy so it isn't surprising.

Disclaimer: 2 GPUs and above.

Aye I know, I did notice it myself. Just sounded a bit like first world problems lol :D

:D

Typically only those massive vehicles explosions would tank the fps. The caves look beautiful though, so im willing to forgive Dice. I'm no expert on what causes the drop, what do you reckon it could be? Tessellation on the rocks or something?

I don't know, actually I've got to be honest my first impressions of that map were that it looked pretty bland lol. My gamma is quite low too, I found the caves looked too dark on my screen. Need to turn it up a bit. I've got the same screen as you I think, just whilst on the subject. The DGM one.

I don't know, actually I've got to be honest my first impressions of that map were that it looked pretty bland lol. My gamma is quite low too, I found the caves looked too dark on my screen. Need to turn it up a bit. I've got the same screen as you I think, just whilst on the subject. The DGM one.

Did you calibrate your DGM 27"? If not i can give you a link that will help you do it quickly and easily. Gives it perfect colour fidelity of more expensive screens. On BF4 i have my in game setting brightness at 55. The caves are dark, but look freaking awesome. You should turn off in game FXAA and use the Nvidia equivalent of AMD's MLAA.

AMD driver issues ;)

:p :D

:D

lol ^

When is Mantle due anyway? Are we going to see it before Christmas? I might pick up a cheap 7970 just to see it for myself. It's not just the performance that interests me but how it 'plays'. I always remember Glide feeling generally smoother than conventional OpenGL or DX

No Matt I didn't, I have to be honest I wasn't planning on keeping it all that long but its actually a pretty decent panel.

lol ^

When is Mantle due anyway? Are we going to see it before Christmas? I might pick up a cheap 7970 just to see it for myself. It's not just the performance that interests me but how it 'plays'. I always remember Glide feeling generally smoother than conventional OpenGL or DX

Soon. Mid to late December i think. Can't wait to see how it affects performance. I could do with another 5-15% performance from my gpu. First mantle driver will be 13.12 i reckon. I just dread to think what bugs BF4 will bring to Mantle. :D

Soon. Mid to late December i think. Can't wait to see how it affects performance. I could do with another 5-15% performance from my gpu. First mantle driver will be 13.12 i reckon. I just dread to think what bugs BF4 will bring to Mantle. :D

It'll be a mess.

AMD will no doubt cop a lot of stick about it but it's important to remember that DX is hardly the epitome of smooth at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom