• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I have noticed you are having issues and sorry to hear bud. It should never be that low, as I never drop below 60 fps on that map in domination.

What CPU score do you get in 3DMark11?

Yeah it does suck :( That wasn't even maxed either.
I'll give it a bash now.
Here's my result with 7990 at stock:
SCORE
P14253
Graphics Score 19926
Physics Score 7889
Combined Score 7405

No idea if that's right or not :p

Last edited:
Gfx looks fine but to help any bottleneck, you should aim to get that CPU up as high as possible and hitting 8500K should be easily doable. I don't think it is just that though and I feel something else is at play.

Have you got the latest mobo BIOS? You don't have a daft virus like that bitcoin one? Sorry if these have been asked but I don't know much about AMD and having enough problems with my 6970 at the mo as well :(

Gfx looks fine but to help any bottleneck, you should aim to get that CPU up as high as possible and hitting 8500K should be easily doable. I don't think it is just that though and I feel something else is at play.

Have you got the latest mobo BIOS? You don't have a daft virus like that bitcoin one? Sorry if these have been asked but I don't know much about AMD and having enough problems with my 6970 at the mo as well :(
Yeah I have the latest BIOS, and nope no viruses as far as I know :p
I got slightly better results on my 780, but that could have been inconsistencies due to multiplayer. I think I just need an i7 :(

Yeah I have the latest BIOS, and nope no viruses as far as I know :p
I got slightly better results on my 780, but that could have been inconsistencies due to multiplayer. I think I just need an i7 :(

For this game, I think so. The 2500K is a great chip and held its own but more cores are being needed in more games now.

Still getting stuttering guys, cpu now at 4.5ghz, ram at 2400 mhz and gpu's at stock, (but can run at +80/+500 with ease). I run the game on ultra at 1920x1200, x2 msaa, average 75fps on 64 player cq maps, max vram use of 1750mb. Pretty good id have thought, but cant think of anything more to get it a bit smoother.

Still getting stuttering guys, cpu now at 4.5ghz, ram at 2400 mhz and gpu's at stock, (but can run at +80/+500 with ease). I run the game on ultra at 1920x1200, x2 msaa, average 75fps on 64 player cq maps, max vram use of 1750mb. Pretty good id have thought, but cant think of anything more to get it a bit smoother.

Does it stutter with just one gpu?

Yep it does mate, one 670 and ill hopefully be able to test on one 780 soon as i just made an offer for a wf 780 on members market. Slight downgrade yes, but add another later, 3gb of ram. Sell my 670's and im sorted. It's only money that id normally blow on horses, dogs and booze.:D

Yep it does mate, one 670 and ill hopefully be able to test on one 780 soon as i just made an offer for a wf 780 on members market. Slight downgrade yes, but add another later, 3gb of ram. Sell my 670's and im sorted. It's only money that id normally blow on horses, dogs and booze.:D

Furry muff. It can be hard to resist the urge to get a new toy even if you know you won't gain much from it in performance terms. ;)

Furry muff. It can be hard to resist the urge to get a new toy even if you know you won't gain much from it in performance terms. ;)
Agree mate, yes it will be a small drop in performance for a short while. As i have the sli virus, every nv card ive owned has been sli'd after a while. Yes it might take a bit but the 780 will have a partner. Was the same with my 670's, first one clocked like a beast. Way beyond 680 performance, second one not so good but it was cheap. +80/+500 as a compromise oc to suit the weak un, the good un does +130/+770 at a breeze.

780wf bought on mm. New toy syndrome.:)

Last edited:
If you are playing at 1080P Setter, the 780's perform so close to the Titans, you will fly it with just one card. Hell, even 1440P is enough for full details for me :)
1920x1200 mate on a rather old benq fp241w va panel monitor. Tbh ive looked at upgrading the screen. But anything new is a downgrade at 1080 to some tn panel garbage. Seems the only way is up in res to 2560x1440. Asus have the pb278q which looks stunning.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-043-AS&groupid=17&catid=1120

120Hz would be nice too, but again it's tn which i cant stand due to the very poor viewing angles. I like to use my monitor for watching tv and films as well sometimes. Va and ips panels are great for this. Also, with the single 780 ill regain the use of a pcie slot for my xonar DX. Onboard sound on what is supposed to be a high end motherboard is atrocious.

Last edited:
Agreed with the 1440P for films and I have watched a couple at my computer now :D

120Hz for me in games like BF4 and 1440P for games like Tomb Raider/Batman (Batman is best in 3D though).

I wonder if there is a possibility of a hotkey switching from one monitor to the other....Easy enough but a hotkey would be easier.

I maimly play bf3/4 theese days and a bit of grid 2. My monitor is still very good tbh, excellent black depth, good viewing angles. I have a blu ray drive in the pc and used to watch movies on it. But software was too expensive so bought a standalone player and a 32" telly for the pc room. Drive is surplus now tbh. Get rid of it soon, less cables in my case. My biggest issue with bf4 is a slight stutter now and then. Despite having a good cpu oc, (4.5ghz), ram at 2400mhz and running of a sammy ssd 840 on a pretty fresh installl of win6 64.

Back
Top Bottom